+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending work permit as Protected Person

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
Hello

I applied for Protected Person in June 2019. My work permit expires in June 30. I don't see the option of renewal on my IRCC account. Calling to IRCC is 5 minutes of listening to options and then disconnecting due to line being overloaded. How to apply online for extension of my work permit? My hearing is July 20.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hello

I applied for Protected Person in June 2019. My work permit expires in June 30. I don't see the option of renewal on my IRCC account. Calling to IRCC is 5 minutes of listening to options and then disconnecting due to line being overloaded. How to apply online for extension of my work permit? My hearing is July 20.
keep trying to contact them. I see people say you can apply online to extend it. hopefully, someone will respond and help you. you will still need to renew/extend it even after your hearing when waiting until you have been given PR status.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello

You can apply from your gckey account online. It’s simple google it you will find the process

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I applied online recently.

Go From GCKey.
Apply to come to Canada,
Visitor Visa, Study and\or work Permit.
Question how long you are planning to stay ( Temp More than 6 months).

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I applied online recently.

Go From GCKey.
Apply to come to Canada,
Visitor Visa, Study and\or work Permit.
Question how long you are planning to stay ( Temp More than 6 months).
hi one of my friends is a convention refugee now and his wp was expired he renew his wp with NOD but they send him 1-year validity WP so is it ok? or validity is less?

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
I found the application form, and there is a mention of submission letter from a lawyer. My information is being released to her, as my representative, but I refused her assistance in applying for work permit, because she wanted a fee. What should I say in this section?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
hi one of my friends is a convention refugee now and his wp was expired he renew his wp with NOD but they send him 1-year validity WP so is it ok? or validity is less?
No problem. Three months before expiry your friend needs to extend it again. There is no fee for that. The length of the WP is at the officer's discretion. I have applied for many of my refugee friends. Some get 1 year some get 2 years.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I found the application form, and there is a mention of submission letter from a lawyer. My information is being released to her, as my representative, but I refused her assistance in applying for work permit, because she wanted a fee. What should I say in this section?
Your situation for me is very vague. Try to explain what is going on in steps and in order so that I can help. I have submitted many WPs and I have never come across this option you mentioned.

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
Question: are you giving someone access to your application?

My answer: yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person.

And then there's a question about submission letter. My lawyer is getting all the documents connected to my claim in her office, the last work permit was sent to her in 2019.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Question: are you giving someone access to your application?

My answer: yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person.

And then there's a question about submission letter. My lawyer is getting all the documents connected to my claim in her office, the last work permit was sent to her in 2019.
Ok, got it now.
You have to choose "No". Meaning you will not grant access to anyone but yourself. The rest is easy.
Do not opt for the option that says "yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person."

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
Thank you, so the work permit and being represented at hearing are two different situations, despite they are in the same claim?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Thank you, so the work permit and being represented at hearing are two different situations, despite they are in the same claim?
Yes, they are totally separate. Your lawyer can charge you a fee for WP extension. So do it yourself.