App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
I'm from the states and I'm currently living with my GF here in BC. We are working on common law status in order to apply for PR and we are going to need to extend my "visitor status" in order for us to reach the 12 month mark of living together in order to be considered common law. She had lived with me in the states for 6 months prior to us moving here at the beginning of September.

We just want to know how early do we need to apply for the extension and what are the things we should expect on the application?

Also how likely is it that I'll be denied?

Also if we put in the application right before my 6 months is up will I have some sort of grace period while the application is being reviewed? Or should we just do it now 3 months before my visitor status expires?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
NMBCMD said:
We just want to know how early do we need to apply for the extension and what are the things we should expect on the application?

Also how likely is it that I'll be denied?

Also if we put in the application right before my 6 months is up will I have some sort of grace period while the application is being reviewed? Or should we just do it now 3 months before my visitor status expires?
Apply a few weeks before your status expires. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Provided you can show proof of funds, you should have no issues.

Provided you apply while you have valid status, you will have Implied Status after your current status expires. Do not apply 3 months before expiry, that's way too early.

Reactions: NMBCMD