+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Student Permit

Stefan_1992

Feb 22, 2017
How earlier can I apply to extended my student permit in Canada? If i decide to extended it more than 90 days before it expires will that be a problem?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Stefan_1992 said:
How earlier can I apply to extended my student permit in Canada? If i decide to extended it more than 90 days before it expires will that be a problem?
The processing time for study permit extension currently is 34 days you can apply maybe a month earlier.
Paper base which will be send to CPC Vegreville is 116 days so maybe a month from that too.
Do not worry because if your study permit expires and your application for extension is already received and will be process your status by then is "implied".
You will be in implied status for 90 days or until the decision has been made for your extension.

Sometimes you will be rejected for applying too early.

B_Liu

Mar 31, 2017
kapatid said:
The processing time for study permit extension currently is 34 days you can apply maybe a month earlier.
Paper base which will be send to CPC Vegreville is 116 days so maybe a month from that too.
Do not worry because if your study permit expires and your application for extension is already received and will be process your status by then is "implied".
You will be in implied status for 90 days or until the decision has been made for your extension.

Sometimes you will be rejected for applying too early.
CIC has not updated there processing time over 3 weeks. I've submitted my study permit extension application over 43 days. I called them any they said nothing just let me wait. I've to travel by the end of April. Could you please give me some suggestions what to do? Is that possible for me to apply visa within Canada and mail my passport to any Canadian embassies? I'm wandering if I could not get my Entrance visa before I leave. Thanks

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
B_Liu said:
CIC has not updated there processing time over 3 weeks. I've submitted my study permit extension application over 43 days. I called them any they said nothing just let me wait. I've to travel by the end of April. Could you please give me some suggestions what to do? Is that possible for me to apply visa within Canada and mail my passport to any Canadian embassies? I'm wandering if I could not get my Entrance visa before I leave. Thanks
43 days is still inside reasonable time.
Beyond 90 days is not.

All you can do is wait and if not you have to reschedule that end of the April trip.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Stefan_1992 said:

Most likely your file won't get processed for too early submission. It's better to submit within 90 days before expiry.

B_Liu

Mar 31, 2017
kapatid said:
43 days is still inside reasonable time.
Beyond 90 days is not.

All you can do is wait and if not you have to reschedule that end of the April trip.
Thanks. Hopefully I could get it in this week.