+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family

Shal666

May 26, 2021
Hi, i applied for my partner (extended family). I got the phac letter. However the next day, Trv was rejected on purpose of visit, travel history and personal assets and finance. I applied through an agency and no response about written authorization. Is it because trv was rejected, they wont respond regarding written authorization? Or is phac the authorization? Thank you. Grateful if @scylla @legalfalcon can advise. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i applied for my partner (extended family). I got the phac letter. However the next day, Trv was rejected on purpose of visit, travel history and personal assets and finance. I applied through an agency and no response about written authorization. Is it because trv was rejected, they wont respond regarding written authorization? Or is phac the authorization? Thank you. Grateful if @scylla @legalfalcon can advise. Thanks
I don't know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What were the grounds of the PHAC letter? Have you started the sponsorship process? How much time have you spent together in person? TRV for spouses of citizens and PRs are often difficult to secure? Are you common law? Married? Common law or spouse is usually considered immediate family.

Shal666

May 26, 2021
What were the grounds of the PHAC letter? Have you started the sponsorship process? How much time have you spent together in person? TRV for spouses of citizens and PRs are often difficult to secure? Are you common law? Married? Common law or spouse is usually considered immediate family.
Hi, thank you so much for responding. Actually it is for my girlfriend. I am a pr holder.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thank you so much for responding. Actually it is for my girlfriend. I am a pr holder.
What are your PHAC reasons? Is she employed? How much savings can she show? How long did she ask to stay? What ties to her home country did you show? What proof do you have of your relationship especially time spent in person? What country is she from?

Shal666

May 26, 2021
I applied under extended family back in March. Additionally, i have another concern, in my statutory declaration, i stated with started our dating in June 2017 when i asked her out. I also mentioned we lived together as a couple but i didnt mention it was for a month only. Do you think this may impact my future citizenship application? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied under extended family back in March. Additionally, i have another concern, in my statutory declaration, i stated with started our dating in June 2017 when i asked her out. I also mentioned we lived together as a couple but i didnt mention it was for a month only. Do you think this may impact my future citizenship application? Thank you
Added some more questions to my previous reply. You still haven’t stated what humanitarian and compassionate grounds you had in your PHAC letter.

Shal666

May 26, 2021
What are your PHAC reasons? Is she employed? How much savings can she show? How long did she ask to stay? What ties to her home country did you show? What proof do you have of your relationship especially time spent in person? What country is she from?
She is from Indonesia. She is secretary for government. She had $13000 but we said she will be using $3500 for stay in canada. For 1 month. We have pictures.

Shal666

May 26, 2021
Added some more questions to my previous reply. You still haven’t stated what humanitarian and compassionate grounds you had in your PHAC letter.
It was for mental health, and the fact that when i am stressed i suffer from acute eczema. the compassionate ground: to provide care as per phac letter

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Mental illness due to a covid and i suffered from acute eczema during covid. Doctor and dermatologist signed
Acute eczema is not a medical reason you need a person to join you in Canada. In terms of mental illness have you been hospitalized? Are you medicated? Have you stopped working/attending school? Are you being followed regularly by a psychiatrist or psychologist? How would staying for 1 month help help severe mental illness? PHAC is usually for severe illness. Has she applied for previous TRVs or other immigration programs. How much time have you spent together in person?

Shal666

May 26, 2021
none of the above. still working and all. not followed by a psychologist. No it was her first time applying for TRV
Rejected for purpose of visit, travel history, personal assets and finance, economic situation in her country and current employment situation. Yes i have known her since June 2017. We started dating. I left for canada in January 2019. In my statutory declaration under extended family, i forgot to mention that we lived together for a month only, i only mentioned we lived together. Do you think this may be a problem if i apply for my citizenship?thank you

Shal666

May 26, 2021
none of the above. still working and all. not followed by a psychologist. No it was her first time applying for TRV
Rejected for purpose of visit, travel history, personal assets and finance, economic situation in her country and current employment situation. Yes i have known her since June 2017. We started dating. I left for canada in January 2019. In my statutory declaration under extended family, i forgot to mention that we lived together for a month only, i only mentioned we lived together. Do you think this may be a problem if i apply for my citizenship?thank you
dear @canuck78 do you think this can become an issue? thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
dear @canuck78 do you think this can become an issue? thank you
Her TRV was denied because this wasn’t truly an emergency situation which is what PHAC is for. It just sounds like someone one recommended you apply for PHAC to help get your girlfriend approved. As long as you only lived together for a month no problem. If you lived together for a year or more then that becomes an issue.

Shal666

May 26, 2021
By not mentioning we only lived for a month together as a couple in the statutory declaration can this be an issue for my citizenship application? we shared-nothing, neither address nor joint account. Additionally under extended family - definition as per immigration website, it says exclusive dating relationship, where you have lived together but isnt common law. However, i am worried, what if they misread my statement. Can you please share on your thoughts on the above. Thank you so much @canuck78

Last edited: