File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, if I apply for my brother, can he travel with his wife and minor kids on approval?
Your brother can travel. Unfortunately his wife and minor child cannot travel under the current restrictions. They will need to wait until travel restrictions have eased.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello everyone. Just an update. I got my application within few days together with TRV application.

I applied an authorization last March 11 and got an approval on March 16.
Could you please share your complete timeline?

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Guys I have difficulties to understand how to procede here.

I'm a temporary resident, i should receive the pr in the next months but I really need my family here by this summer. For family I mean father, mother and sister (because my parents don't speak English and with all the stuff that you have to do now to travel it would be impossibile to arrive here without her).
So 3 people.

I need the written authorization, I understand that, but how it works for 3 people? I need to ask 3 different authorization? and if I only need one, the notarized declaration of relationship (im0006) I need 3 of them?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys I have difficulties to understand how to procede here.

I'm a temporary resident, i should receive the pr in the next months but I really need my family here by this summer. For family I mean father, mother and sister (because my parents don't speak English and with all the stuff that you have to do now to travel it would be impossibile to arrive here without her).
So 3 people.

I need the written authorization, I understand that, but how it works for 3 people? I need to ask 3 different authorization? and if I only need one, the notarized declaration of relationship (im0006) I need 3 of them?
Do they have visas. Three forms as each needs authorizatio.

Ani17

Jul 8, 2021
Hi, my sister applied for written authorization for extended family member on April 26th 2021 through the webform. She already has a visitor visa and will be traveling into Canada from the US. She got an acknowledgment email right away. It has been over 14 days now and no response yet from IRCC. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to follow up on the status of the request or what the usual timeline is?
Hi
Did you receive any update?

Ani17

Jul 8, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
My sister is a canadian citizen. I am applying for AL under extended family member exemption.
I would be greatful if you can answer below queries.
1. I have a 4 year old son and I know he is not exempted from current travel reatrictions. So can I just apply AL for myself and if yes, do I have to mention anything about my son in the letter.
2. The reason that I want to reunite with my sister is enough?
3. In my letter if I mention that I am visiting/reuniting with my sister for 3 weeks, then will I get AL for only 3 weeks?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
My sister is a canadian citizen. I am applying for AL under extended family member exemption.
I would be greatful if you can answer below queries.
1. I have a 4 year old son and I know he is not exempted from current travel reatrictions. So can I just apply AL for myself and if yes, do I have to mention anything about my son in the letter.
2. The reason that I want to reunite with my sister is enough?
3. In my letter if I mention that I am visiting/reuniting with my sister for 3 weeks, then will I get AL for only 3 weeks?

Thank you

1. No. Only the related individual can apply. Not the related individuals immediate family.

2. yes

3. if you say you will only be here for 3 weeks, then most likely the reason for travel is non-discretionary. However, the AL will not have a duration, which will be determinate by the border officer when you land.

Shal666

May 26, 2021
Hi @scylla i applied for my partner (extended family). I got the phac letter. However the next day, Trv was rejected on purpose of visit, travel history and personal assets and finance. I applied through an agency and no response about written authorization. Is it because trv was rejected, they wont respond regarding written authorization? Thank you