+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family member authorization

uscanada1

Jan 15, 2021
Does any one received approval for written authorization for extended family member of permanent resident in Mar 2021?
Please post your timeline here.
I have applied for authorization on Mar 4,2021
Waiting for response.

Reactions: skye

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does any one received approval for written authorization for extended family member of permanent resident in Mar 2021?
Waiting for response.
It has only been a few business days. we have seen it take a few days to a few weeks.

rachelD

Nov 20, 2012
I applied mine yesterday March 11. Still waiting for response and would gladly want to hear others’ timeline

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
I applied last week of October last year, took a month to get a reply. Got denied for not attaching the IMM0006 form. There was technical problem with my pc that time, I don't know exactly what went wrong but the documents I was attaching were split into two groups and I was unlucky that the email that they based upon the denial didn't contain the IMM0006 form. I sent several emails later to appeal for reconsideration but till now got no reply. They did not bother to ask me to send the missing document and denied my application outright which to me is unfair. The IMM0006 was not just an ordinary document, it was notarized declaration of our relationship.

Recently, there are news that the Canadian government is expanding processing capacity to expedite family reunion. I just hope someone out there will be compassionate enough to reconsider my application and allow me to travel soon. Had there been no covid19 crisis, we could have been married last summer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12FkejT_hLoKmgszDXUWWCtfqQodkBKhW/view?usp=sharing

nishanj

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi, I am planning to apply for authorization letter for my parents travel. I am a PR.
Can you please clarify:
1. They wont need a letter confirming that they are exempt from travel restrictions, right?
2. The signed application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) needs to be sent to them?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Waiting for response.
Did you get any response yet on your exemption request ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am planning to apply for authorization letter for my parents travel. I am a PR.
Can you please clarify:
1. They wont need a letter confirming that they are exempt from travel restrictions, right?
2. The signed application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) needs to be sent to them?
Parents of PR don’t need special authorization. They will need to travel with proof that you are their daughter and that you are a PR.

Reactions: skye and nishanj

rachelD

Nov 20, 2012
Hello everyone. Just an update. I got my application within few days together with TRV application.

I applied an authorization last March 11 and got an approval on March 16.

Reactions: skye and absingh

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hello everyone. Just an update. I got my application within few days together with TRV application.

I applied an authorization last March 11 and got an approval on March 16.
Did you apply for TRV as well along with the Travel Authorization letter ?

I applied for my fiance's TRV/Travel authorization on March 17th and looking to see how much time it is taking to get it done ?

Reactions: skye

toyrus2003

Sep 5, 2017
Did the extended family member had the TRV already or ETA ?
I applied for TRV, I believe that if they approve, they will issue the authorization letter together the approval.
Hi, please is there any update on your TRV and authorization letter?

nivmah

Aug 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Nomination.....
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Passport Req..
06-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018
Hi, my sister applied for written authorization for extended family member on April 26th 2021 through the webform. She already has a visitor visa and will be traveling into Canada from the US. She got an acknowledgment email right away. It has been over 14 days now and no response yet from IRCC. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to follow up on the status of the request or what the usual timeline is?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my sister applied for written authorization for extended family member on April 26th 2021 through the webform. She already has a visitor visa and will be traveling into Canada from the US. She got an acknowledgment email right away. It has been over 14 days now and no response yet from IRCC. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to follow up on the status of the request or what the usual timeline is?
Many responses come later than 14 days.