+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family - Authorization letter

Alessia1103

Nov 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused at the moment and need some advice. Has anyone requested a written authorization for extended family members and received an answer yet?
I did - and I received written authorization. I attached the correct form (IMM0006) that is only for extended family members and requested via web form.

The problem is:

The authorization letter is saying: reuniting with immediate family members. I have a valid eTA and don't need written authorization for immediate family, only for extended (in this case my boyfriend).

That is written in the letter:
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada listed in the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID – 19, no.3, authorized under section 3(1)(b) of the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States) has been approved.
Important: You must present this email when checking in for your flight, or you may not be allowed to board your flight to Canada. You must also present this email upon entry to Canada.
This authorization is only an assessment that your presence in Canada is for the purpose of reuniting with your immediate family members. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must meet all admissibility and other requirements, as well as other applicable laws and regulations. You will not be allowed to travel to Canada for reasons of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.
Can somebody tell me if I have a correct written authorization now, or maybe something went wrong?
Thank you, have a good day.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused at the moment and need some advice. Has anyone requested a written authorization for extended family members and received an answer yet?
I did - and I received written authorization. I attached the correct form (IMM0006) that is only for extended family members and requested via web form.

The problem is:

The authorization letter is saying: reuniting with immediate family members. I have a valid eTA and don't need written authorization for immediate family, only for extended (in this case my boyfriend).

That is written in the letter:

Can somebody tell me if I have a correct written authorization now, or maybe something went wrong?
Thank you, have a good day.
If you applied for your boyfriend he has been approved.

Tala20-5

Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone
I just wonder how you receive your authoritative letter is it via e-mail or thru my cic linked account ?!
Thank you in advance

madhroy

Aug 29, 2018
Can you please let me know how long did it take to get the response? My Fiance has also applied and we are waiting for more than 14 days.

Tala20-5

Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone
I just wonder how you receive your authoritative letter is it via e-mail or thru my cic linked account ?!
Thank you in advance

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
I got it yesterday!! Applied Oct 13th, Approved Nov 13th, Multiple entries within 6 months
wow congrats, what kind did you apply for?? Mine is the eTA for immediate family working temporarily in Canada applied for the authorization letter through web form. I still haven't gotten mine yet.

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
I got it yesterday!! Applied Oct 13th, Approved Nov 13th, Multiple entries within 6 months
Congrads, i have applied via mail on October 29th and still no response. Could you please let me know how did you apply and the details..