FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Med's Done....
29-12-2019
Hi mate I got my travel exemption letter approved my sister applied for me I am copr holder but they refused it for my wife and son
You made my day buddy !!! Yay. Finally a good news !!!

1. Why did they refuse it for you wife or Kid ?
2. How long did they took to provide the letter?

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been refused under the COVID-19 Emergency Orders in Council (OIC) pursuant to section 58 of the Quarantine Act.

Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the extended family member exemption. In particular,

• Your family relationship does not qualify as per the definition of extended family members set out in the Orders

Please note that if you already possess a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA), this refusal has no impact on your travel document, and is solely a refusal of your request for written authorization which you require to travel to Canada while the travel restrictions are in place. If you do not already have a valid visa or eTA and have applied for a travel document, this refusal for written authorization does not have an impact on the processing or on the decision rendered on your visa or eTA application.

As you are not exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada, as you may be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.

_Hotshot

Aug 22, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Med's Done....
29-12-2019
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been refused under the COVID-19 Emergency Orders in Council (OIC) pursuant to section 58 of the Quarantine Act.

Based on our assessment of the information you provided and the information in our system, we have not found that you meet the extended family member exemption. In particular,

• Your family relationship does not qualify as per the definition of extended family members set out in the Orders

Please note that if you already possess a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA), this refusal has no impact on your travel document, and is solely a refusal of your request for written authorization which you require to travel to Canada while the travel restrictions are in place. If you do not already have a valid visa or eTA and have applied for a travel document, this refusal for written authorization does not have an impact on the processing or on the decision rendered on your visa or eTA application.

As you are not exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada, as you may be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.
I am assuming this letter is for your wife and kid. Letter for you should say approved. Your wife and kid might not qualify as per the definition of extended family member.

If they have approved your travel Why don't you travel alone initially that will complete your landing formalities and you become a PR.

Your Family member can travel a week after without a written authorisation as they are immediate family member of a Permanent Resident (you)

Something to think about.

Thanks
Sachin

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I am assuming this letter is for your wife and kid. Letter for you should say approved. Your wife and kid might not qualify as per the definition of extended family member.

If they have approved your travel Why don't you travel alone initially that will complete your landing formalities and you become a PR.

Your Family member can travel a week after without a written authorisation as they are immediate family member of a Permanent Resident (you)

Thanks
Sachin
Yes it is refusal for my wife and son

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Yes it is refusal for my wife and son
Yeah I am thinking it as well to travel myself and complete all the landing formalities and then my family come after.. but there is one thing that I heard people with valid copr might still come under travel ban even if they have travel exemption from Ircc in writing.. I don’t know how true it’s..

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020

Thanks
Sachin
Yeah I am thinking it as well to travel myself and complete all the landing formalities and then my family come after.. but there is one thing that I heard people with valid copr might still come under travel ban even if they have travel exemption from Ircc in writing.. I don’t know how true it’s..

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
Did you fill in IMM 0006? I’m in the same boat. I’ve an eTA valid and a British national living in France. The website doesn’t state I need the form under the section immediate family working temporarily in Canada. All it states is I need an eTA and written authorisation???
I wonder if it's okay to send follow-up email. Sent the IMM0006 form on 27th Nov and until now got no reply. Thanks.

_Hotshot

Aug 22, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Med's Done....
29-12-2019
They would have checked those conditions while issuing written authorisation.

Any link where someone had issues with valid copr and written authorisation.

_Hotshot

Aug 22, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Med's Done....
29-12-2019
Last edited:

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
@Gsingh2016 : Looks like you are not the one of case. They are issuing Travel Authorization letter for COPR (after 18-Mar) candidates with extended Family members in Canada. But they are only issuing it for extended family member not their wife and kid.

@Djsingh44

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-916#post-9107960

We just need to find out if anyone have travelled with COPR (post 18-Mar) and Authorization Letter.
Yeah i did not see any post from after March Copr holder travel with exemption letter ..

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
@Gsingh2016 : Looks like you are not the one of case. They are issuing Travel Authorization letter for COPR (after 18-Mar) candidates with extended Family members in Canada. But they are only issuing it for extended family member not their wife and kid.

@Djsingh44

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-916#post-9107960

We just need to find out if anyone have travelled with COPR (post 18-Mar) and Authorization Letter.
One of my friends has a COPR issued after March 18th and is travelling this Tuesday. He received authorization email weeks ago and also his ok to board from Qatar Airways two days ago. He shouldnt have a problem landing, but I keep you updated after his land

And I have a question for you. I emailed for exemption twice since yesterday but did not receive the acknowledgement of receipt email for my request. is it normal? because my friend told me he received the AOR email for exemption promptly

_Hotshot

Aug 22, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Med's Done....
29-12-2019
One of my friends has a COPR issued after March 18th and is travelling this Tuesday. He received authorization email weeks ago and also his ok to board from Qatar Airways two days ago. He shouldnt have a problem landing, but I keep you updated after his land

And I have a question for you. I emailed for exemption twice since yesterday but did not receive the acknowledgement of receipt email for my request. is it normal? because my friend told me he received the AOR email for exemption promptly
Good to hear that. Please keep us updated. We are eagerly waiting to hear about your friend's travel.

I got the acknowledgement. Please check your spam folder for the date you initially sent it. also verify the email id is correct.

Reactions: A7xforever