+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family Authorization IMM0006e Questions

Ed1099

Jul 24, 2020
Hello, I am writing this question because I'd like my gf (she qualifies as extended family member) to visit me for a few months, I live alone and this lockdown has been destroying my mental health recently. I would like to know how long it takes to get a response, If we need any form of proof that we are dating and that we have spent physical time together. I would also like to know what are our chances that she would get the authorization or she would get refused. She is from Poland, has an EtA (From my understanding, the EtA is valid as long as her passport is, correct?)

For quarantining, she can stay with me at my apartment, I work from home, I have no health issues and I am young so I do not fall under any ''at risk'' groups. She plans on visiting for 3-4 months.

Will there be any issues,
Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She needs written authorization to travel so you will need to prove that you are dating. She also needs to show that her visit is essential. Response can take anywhere from 3 weeks to months.

Ed1099

Jul 24, 2020
She needs written authorization to travel so you will need to prove that you are dating. She also needs to show that her visit is essential. Response can take anywhere from 3 weeks to months.
I thought the reason for the visit being essential was only if the person they are reuniting with is a temporary resident, I'm a canadian citizen. On their page it also says that I must provide proof for one of the following:

be able to provide evidence of one of the following:
  • You’ll stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
  • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

toyrus2003

Sep 5, 2017
I thought the reason for the visit being essential was only if the person they are reuniting with is a temporary resident, I'm a canadian citizen. On their page it also says that I must provide proof for one of the following:

be able to provide evidence of one of the following:
  • You’ll stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
  • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Hi Bro, ANy update on your application. Was your girlfriend Visa approved? I'm also in the same shoe and about to apply for written authorization. Kindly advice.