+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

maryms23

Jul 29, 2018
Which category did you select while applying for authorization in webform?
Webform then type of application/enquiry choose electronic travel authorisation. Then eta case specific. Make sure you put all the information needed on the space right below that.

Hazzaman

Nov 21, 2020
First post here but I thought it might help.

My partner is Canadian and I’m from the UK and we’ve been together for approximately 3 years. She was able to come to the UK earlier this year but I haven’t managed to get to Canada since February.

Completed and notarised form IMM0006 was submitted via the web form as per instructions.

Submitted Wednesday 11th Nov, notification that it had been checked and passed to the correct office on Tuesday 17th, and travel authorisation approved on Friday 20th November. 8 working days in total.

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
First post here but I thought it might help.

My partner is Canadian and I’m from the UK and we’ve been together for approximately 3 years. She was able to come to the UK earlier this year but I haven’t managed to get to Canada since February.

Completed and notarised form IMM0006 was submitted via the web form as per instructions.

Submitted Wednesday 11th Nov, notification that it had been checked and passed to the correct office on Tuesday 17th, and travel authorisation approved on Friday 20th November. 8 working days in total.
Thank you. It helps a lot.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

My extended family member lives in a one-bedroom apartment. Is it possible to have such place as part of my quarantine plan, or should I have a separate place to stay? Thank you

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

My extended family member lives in a one-bedroom apartment. Is it possible to have such place as part of my quarantine plan, or should I have a separate place to stay? Thank you
You cant have a one bedroom as isolation. Unless you plan to have him sleeping in the living room and isolate in the bedroom. You need a separate room that you can isolate in. Preferably with separate bathroom, but can be a shared kitchen etc.

Reactions: pisces88

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
You cant have a one bedroom as isolation. Unless you plan to have him sleeping in the living room and isolate in the bedroom. You need a separate room that you can isolate in. Preferably with separate bathroom, but can be a shared kitchen etc.
Hello @K7moda, thank you. You’ve always been helpful.

I thought of that too. Unless one of us sleeps in the living room. Should a quarantine plan be included in your email request for authorization to travel?

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hello @K7moda, thank you. You’ve always been helpful.

I thought of that too. Unless one of us sleeps in the living room. Should a quarantine plan be included in your email request for authorization to travel?
My pleasure ;)
Its not required and I got approved without it. I made one just in case and got asked about how ill quarantine on the border. Specifically the stuff i mentioned in the earlier comment.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
My pleasure ;)
Its not required and I got approved without it. I made one just in case and got asked about how ill quarantine on the border. Specifically the stuff i mentioned in the earlier comment.
I’ll take note of those things you mentioned. Thank you again, really appreciate it!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

IRCC does not specify how big or small your place should be. Given that is is a one-bedroom apartment, it will be difficult to quarantine without putting the people who live there at risk.

Use your judgment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC does not specify how big or small your place should be. Given that is is a one-bedroom apartment, it will be difficult to quarantine without putting the people who live there at risk.

Use your judgment.
There have been some uppdates

A suitable place of quarantine is one where you:

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
    • wear a mask or face covering if a 2m distance cannot be maintained;
    • thoroughly and regularly clean common areas after use
  • Are not living with those at risk of more severe disease
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;
    • a household with a large family or many people
    • a shared small apartment or similar setting

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’ll take note of those things you mentioned. Thank you again, really appreciate it!
With a 1 bedroom apartment you can't quarantine without the whole family remaining at home for 14 days. There have been updates in both local and federal guidelines for example:

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
With a 1 bedroom apartment you can't quarantine without the whole family remaining at home for 14 days. There have been updates in both local and federal guidelines for example:

Thank you.