+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Spouse of work permit holder in Canada, applied for authorization letter (eTA) on Oct 9th, still no answer. Has anyone actually gotten the authorization letter, or no?

TharinduSL

Nov 12, 2020
Spouse of work permit holder in Canada, applied for authorization letter (eTA) on Oct 9th, still no answer. Has anyone actually gotten the authorization letter, or no?
I have the same issue. We applied 27th Oct. But still no reply. Also We sent a remainder email to same thread. No luck yeg.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm a PNP applicant with a valid pr visa and COPR issued this month of November 2020. Being an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, we are thinking of applying under such travel exemption, however we have some concerns. My nominating province is different from where he currently lives; and the application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) specifically asks for the residential address of the Canadian citizen and my address while in Canada. Is it still possible for us to apply under such condition? Since I suppose that I need to land and live in the province that nominated me despite the current pandemic situation. Your thoughts on this please, @canuck78 and @legalfalcon. Thank you

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hi there, i have a quick question. If i am applying for my spouse visitor visa do i still have to fill the exemption form to make it quick and send with the visitor visa online application?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

I'm a PNP applicant with a valid pr visa and COPR issued this month of November 2020. Being an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, we are thinking of applying under such travel exemption, however we have some concerns. My nominating province is different from where he currently lives; and the application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) specifically asks for the residential address of the Canadian citizen and my address while in Canada. Is it still possible for us to apply under such condition? Since I suppose that I need to land and live in the province that nominated me despite the current pandemic situation. Your thoughts on this please, @canuck78 and @legalfalcon. Thank you
If you are the only person in your application, then you can file the declaration and travel. You will have to eventually move to your nominating province, but you can stay for a while where your family member is.

However, if you have your family in your PR application, you cannot seek an exemption for you and all your family members. You can though try.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
If you are the only person in your application, then you can file the declaration and travel. You will have to eventually move to your nominating province, but you can stay for a while where your family member is.

However, if you have your family in your PR application, you cannot seek an exemption for you and all your family members. You can though try.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.

I’m the only person in my application. So, you mean I can land and quarantine to the province where my family member is? Even though it’s not my city of destination and nominating province?

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Hello guys! Submitted my application for written authorization on 11th oct and sent series of reminders still no response. Any advice on what to do?
Mine also same i have submitted on October 29th and still no responses. I am planning to travel by first week of December. But no idea will it be possible. really sad..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.

I’m the only person in my application. So, you mean I can land and quarantine to the province where my family member is? Even though it’s not my city of destination and nominating province?
Yes.

To read on PNP and your constitutional mobility rights see: https://bit.ly/35udRaK

Reactions: pisces88

TharinduSL

Nov 12, 2020
I suggest sending a forward email to the one sent with all documents again and mentioning its a resubmission. Many people got approval this way.
I already did resubmission. But no luck yet. So is it still took 14 working days even you resubmit?

maryms23

Jul 29, 2018
Hi just wanted to share my timeline, finally got the written authorisation.
  • First submission - October 10 via webform
  • Received a reply from IRCC November 2 to resubmit with additional documents needed.
  • Resubmitted via webform again on November 3
  • Email received with written authorisation November 18

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
Got approval email today guys.

Sent application email on November 2.
Received approval on November 19.

Chahat1995

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
  • Received a reply from IRCC November 2 to resubmit with additional documents needed.
Which category did you select while applying for authorization in webform?

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Was it just for u?? Did u have kids accompanying u?? Did u submit IMM0006 onky for u or 1 imm0006 for each traveller.

johncall

Sep 10, 2020
Hello Sir,
Have been living in Canada since 2017. I have a Canada PR received in June 2019.
Is this the right time to apply for a fresh visitor visa application for my parents? Due to covid, the chances of rejection of a Visitor visa for parents could be high?
For my father and mother, do I have to create separate CIC login accounts?