Extended family authorization application

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Its in the canada website valid for 6 months
no, that’s the IMM 0006 form you’re thinking of. there’s nothing on the IRCC website about length of time valid regarding the written authorization itself. There are 2 things here, we mustn’t conflate them.

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other

just submitted ours^ (screenshot attached)

...by following the instructions on "Find out how to request authorization," we are in case 3, "already has eTA"

How you request a written authorization depends on whether or not you already have a valid travel document (visitor visa or eTA).
  1. If you have a valid visitor visa or an application in progress
  2. If you need a visitor visa but haven’t applied for one yet
  3. If you have an eTA or need one to travel

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
cab you update when you receive Authorization? I applied on Oct 9th and still waiting! Thanks
Applied on the 9th as well still waiting. There's someone here that applied on 13th and got it back on the 19th. It leads me to believe it's not first come first serve basis

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Yeah I guess so. Really I am thankful that there is actually a way for us to reunite with our loved ones in this difficult time. It's just we're constantly checking emails in our excitement
lot of people across the europe got their approval mostly have already ETA and visa for another country. hoping our turn will come

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
Everyone go over to faces of advocacy on facebook and join the group and add your info at the appropriate poll. They are tracking numbers and approvals. the more accurate numbers the better!

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Everyone go over to faces of advocacy on facebook and join the group and add your info at the appropriate poll. They are tracking numbers and approvals. the more accurate numbers the better!
i don’t have a facebook account; i decided years ago i never would. sorry

DINO71

Oct 16, 2020
You would need the updated IMM 0006 form to visit them. Make sure you get the updated one where there is a place for signatures.
Is there an updated form? I have since downloaded and filled it. I signed electrictronically while the PR sibling will print and sign in front of a notary. Is that not the form?

neuroCanadian

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Is there an updated form? I have since downloaded and filled it. I signed electrictronically while the PR sibling will print and sign in front of a notary. Is that not the form?
i think the form was released on October 8 but then updated October 9, and then IRCC said something to the effect of ‘we’ll still accept the Oct 8 version but we’d prefer everyone use the Oct 9; so if you didn’t already get it signed by the lawyer/notary then please download the new one”

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
but your sibling is your immediate family, and this discussion (and the form IMM 0006) is for extended family.

I don’t think you need to fill out this form to come to canada when your immediate family is a canadian PR or citizen. (someone correct me if I’m wrong)
Sibling is counted as extended family member based on IRCC definition

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you. wow, so even a parent’s relationship to their adult son or daughter is not considered immediate family? I’m really disheartened by current policies of this country :(
Given the high levels of covid across the world Canada is still trying to discourage families from getting together in larger groups. Thr extended family approval is really in place to allow families who may be all alone to visit with a few family members if necesary. The purpose of the plan isn't to encourage normal family visits.

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Applies 8th still waiting for decision, according onthe 14 business days should receive by tomorrow but so far nothing.