+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended family authorization application

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
hello,

my sister is applying for travel exemption as extended family member, she is a british citizen and has her ETA approved. the question i have is how do i get approval for her son who is 6 years old? my sister will be traveling with her son to canada to visit me, they both are british citizen, both has ETA approved, but the IMM006 form doesn't have an option for me to get approval for my nephew, but as a minor she can't leave her and travel.

does anyone know if my nephew will be allowed to enter canada? thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello,

my sister is applying for travel exemption as extended family member, she is a british citizen and has her ETA approved. the question i have is how do i get approval for her son who is 6 years old? my sister will be traveling with her son to canada to visit me, they both are british citizen, both has ETA approved, but the IMM006 form doesn't have an option for me to get approval for my nephew, but as a minor she can't leave her and travel.

He doesn't currently qualify to travel.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received GCMS notes for my Fiance's TRV today. In the assessment section, it states- Criminality: Passed- Bio; Info Sharing: Complete; Counterfoil required: Y. Eligibility and Security are blank. What does it mean? Will they perform Eligibility and Security later? How soon can we expect to hear from them?

Thanks.

Elizay

Jul 21, 2021
Hi all, just reading through the thread and sounds like a number of late replies on the letter. For me it’s been more than 14 business days after I submitted my webform to reunite with extended family (my sister). What’s the latest for the expectation on timing? My parents are also there (temporarily though) and I’ve been unable to see them all for 2 years and finally able to travel after vaccine, so any leads appreciated ! Thank you in advance.

srka

May 16, 2021
Hi ,

Thanks for response.

I want to travel along with my family. As I have 2 minor children who cannot travel alone with spouse. Only one minor children with one adult is allowed to travel. Please help how can i take travel
Hi... Can you please update if you got the authorisation to travel along with your family? Are dependent children allowed to travel or is there any restriction as they are not vaccinated?

waygukcanada

Jul 21, 2021
hello,

hi, may I know how long did your sister wait to get her ETA approval?

waygukcanada

Jul 21, 2021
Hi, the eta was approved immediately, but the written authorization took 14 days, but she got approved her son didn't
Oh I see, that's fast. my husband has been waiting for 2 months now. we just received an update that additional documents were received last july 22 and after that no news. did your sister send a webform for his son to update his application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh I see, that's fast. my husband has been waiting for 2 months now. we just received an update that additional documents were received last july 22 and after that no news. did your sister send a webform for his son to update his application?
Given that your husband was criminally inadmissible until recently processing will take longer than average.

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Yes, when she submitted request for writers authorization she uploaded her son's passport, and wrote an explanation that she needs to travel with her minor dependent son so she needs approval for him as well, later she received one email with her approval,one rejection for her son

waygukcanada

Jul 21, 2021
Yes, when she submitted request for writers authorization she uploaded her son's passport, and wrote an explanation that she needs to travel with her minor dependent son so she needs approval for him as well, later she received one email with her approval,one rejection for her son
Thank you for replying. I can somehow getting an idea.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Hi all, we booked a ticket for my mum to come from india. I am a Canadian citizen and my mum has a valid TRV. Firstly does she need a ETA and secondly does she need the authorization? How long will it take to approve since we already have her ticket?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, we booked a ticket for my mum to come from india. I am a Canadian citizen and my mum has a valid TRV. Firstly does she need a ETA and secondly does she need the authorization? How long will it take to approve since we already have her ticket?
Neither. ETA is for those who live in a country where TRV isn’t needed. Would travel with proof she is the parent of a citizen if travelling soon,