+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extend your stay as a visitor ( Visitor Record ) online in May / June / July 2020

LoLoAvon

Mar 16, 2021
Applied August 9th 2020. Just got the notification today (March 16th) that the visitor's record is approved until September. We had requested until December 2020.

Reactions: fscbarros

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
I am applying to extending my parents stay in Canada who are here on visitor's visa. Can someone please help with below 2 questions, I am using my gckey account to submit the online application,

1. Are you giving someone access to your application? (required) Help - Are you giving someone access to your application?

Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf

Yes, grant authorization for IRCC to release your application information to another person.

Yes, both appoint a representative and grant authorization to IRCC to release information to another person.

No
  2. Did your representative give you a submission letter?

Kindly help!!

LoLoAvon

Mar 16, 2021
Do you mind telling us which purpose did you choose for the extension?
We're a common law couple that qualified for the exemption at the land border (he's a US Citizen) to reunite but CBSA only gave three weeks, we applied to extend the stay to get more time together

Reactions: fscbarros

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

so for my parents the 6 month stay is going to over on 30 May. Now , I want to apply for extension . as per IRCC site , they say to apply 30 days in advance atleast but what if I apply let’s say a week before 6 month . Any issue in that ?

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hello,

My Parents are in Canada based on PHAC approval with single entry TRV, their current status expires on August 4th, 2021 ( 6 Month stay) and I am looking to apply for their extension. When I had submitted process first time last, I had paid biometric fees already in application but due to Covid and Biometric not open in India, we managed to get TRV based on PHAC approval without biometrics.

Do I need to pay Biometric fees again in case if I chose to apply for extension ?

Thank you.

DSTEPH

Nov 3, 2020
hi,

applied on November 4th , 3 days ago got and update that i have to endure a E-MEDICAL exam... really hard in this difficult pandemic times...

BUT, yesterday received my approved visitor record ( it expires in one month ) so, i will have to leave Canada next month

, my question is do i still need the e-medical exam? or it is irrelevant at this point?

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,

applied on November 4th , 3 days ago got and update that i have to endure a E-MEDICAL exam... really hard in this difficult pandemic times...

BUT, yesterday received my approved visitor record ( it expires in one month ) so, i will have to leave Canada next month

, my question is do i still need the e-medical exam? or it is irrelevant at this point?

thanks
If you received any type of extension that is contingent on your completing the medical.

DSTEPH

Nov 3, 2020
Did you stay past when your visitor status expired and into the extension period?
yes , because of the pandemic delays i was unable to do it in time, actually it is a restoration of status ,but , my approved document states "visitor record"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i see...

what if i are unable to make an medical appointment (apparently clinics are too busy ) and leave Canada with out it?
just have one month for my permit yo expire.

thanks
You'll need to do it as soon as you return to your home country.

Milleth

Jun 6, 2018
Hi! I’m new here but I wanted to know if I can apply from visitor visa to WP? I have a job offer here in Calgary. Also applying WP within Canada is LMIA exempted? Thank you for anyone reponding.