+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extend your stay as a visitor ( Visitor Record ) online in May / June / July 2020

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi based on my understanding I could be wrong too
Usually they approve extension 30 days from the day the make decision on Application in some cases they give more days than that too it’s depend on applicant
I think it’s no thing to do what applicant ask for extension months
That’s what my understanding is ...
any one else guide better
Stay safe
Thank you very much!

niting85

Apr 27, 2014
@ niting85 just have questions.
At the time filing of extension application some one ask for 6 months more extension let’s say some one applied in June 01, 2020 and ask for extension Dec 01,2020
Still pending
Does by law applicant have to reapply again before Dec 01,2020 one more application to extend stay as visitor even last Jane 2020 application still pending ...
plz answer this if any one knows about this law or rule of ircc for extend stay application
Hii,

Excuse me for late response.

1. You can not reapply for same class while your initial file is pending.

2. You can not apply for 2nd extension if you get 1st extension shorter than you ask for (even shorter than 1day)

I am not subject expert so please consult with your lawyer... Best of luck for your application I hope you will get full extension...

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Congrats! Did you request for extension until mid-Feb, or was it approved beyond your requested date?
I have filed for my parents extension of stay in Jul and only requested extension until Jan 31, but would like for them to be able to stay further. Hence, wondering if they will be approved beyond the requested date of Jan 31.
They extended it beyond what I initially asked for and I've applied for another extension... Btw sorry for the delay

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Hello! I saw this thread and somehow wanted to ask,

Is a visitor with a “valid visitor visa” can legally stay longer than 6 months while the person is still waiting for the result of Visitor Record Extension?
The person applied months before his 6th month of stay expires.
Thank you!

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello! I saw this thread and somehow wanted to ask,

Is a visitor with a “valid visitor visa” can legally stay longer than 6 months while the person is still waiting for the result of Visitor Record Extension?
The person applied months before his 6th month of stay expires.
Thank you!
Yes, you are considered to be in implied status as long as you apply for a visitor record (extension of stay) before the 6 month stay expires. Here's the definition of implied status as per CIC website.

A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Reactions: Noyan2020

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
applied for visitor record last April 2020, got reply on Nov. 5 and got extend for a month and i did my 2nd time visitor extention end of november 2020 and havent heard from them. so wish us luck all. stay safe everyone

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Yes, you are considered to be in implied status as long as you apply for a visitor record (extension of stay) before the 6 month stay expires. Here's the definition of implied status as per CIC website.

A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

Reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
Thanks for the response!

Reactions: skeecandidate

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,
Just for your info, applied for Visitor record on June, 2020. I applied to stay until Jan 31, 2021. I got response on mid January and they approved extension till mid Feb. Going to apply for a 2nd extension. Wish me luck! :)

Reactions: skeecandidate

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question...I am applying for second extension...Do I need to take new photos as the photos last time I submitted is over 6 months older? I checked the photo requirements and I noticed the 6 months requirement seems like for Citizenship photos and not visitor extensions! Any tips and experience on this regard?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
I have a question...I am applying for second extension...Do I need to take new photos as the photos last time I submitted is over 6 months older? I checked the photo requirements and I noticed the 6 months requirement seems like for Citizenship photos and not visitor extensions! Any tips and experience on this regard?
Hey Guys,
Just for your info, applied for Visitor record on June, 2020. I applied to stay until Jan 31, 2021. I got response on mid January and they approved extension till mid Feb. Going to apply for a 2nd extension. Wish me luck! :)
good luck