+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend work permit with the support of WPSL

Navideol

Feb 5, 2024
I applied for Support letter on 5th feb. Still waiting, no response from MPNP. Employer already paid compliance fees. No restriction on nomination. What should i do???? My work permit is expiring in march.

Dec 10, 2023
I applied for Support letter on 5th feb. Still waiting, no response from MPNP. Employer already paid compliance fees. No restriction on nomination. What should i do????
Submit your wp extension file with job offer and whatever you have right now to maintain your status, upload it as soon as you receive other documents

Dec 10, 2023
I applied for Support letter on 5th feb. Still waiting, no response from MPNP. Employer already paid compliance fees. No restriction on nomination. What should i do???? My work permit is expiring in march.
What was your mpnp timeline? How long it took you to get nominated?

Navideol

Feb 5, 2024
Submit your wp extension file with job offer and whatever you have right now to maintain your status, upload it as soon as you receive other documents
Should i apply closed work permit or just apply an extension for open. I applied PR in November. Timeline 3 months

Dec 10, 2023
Should i apply closed work permit or just apply an extension for open. I applied PR in November.
If you have received you AOR, then go for BOWP, but if you havent yet, then you have to take a calculative decision. You have to consider a few points before choosing either option. Like, to apply BOWP you need your file number (AOR) and on an average (not guaranteed) right now it is taking about 4 months to get your file number after your PR application submission. If we count after November, Estimated time for receiving AOR would he March/April. If you have PGWP till April, you can wait for now and apply open work permit later on, if your PGWP is expiring in start/mid march you should go for bonded. I’m not sure that you can apply for BOWP without AOR but i have heard a few cases of people applying closed wp without receiving PNP aswell just to maintain the status.

Better to take advice from a reputed consultant

Navideol

Feb 5, 2024
If you have received you AOR, then go for BOWP, but if you havent yet, then you have to take a calculative decision. You have to consider a few points before choosing either option. Like, to apply BOWP you need your file number (AOR) and on an average (not guaranteed) right now it is taking about 4 months to get your file number after your PR application submission. If we count after November, Estimated time for receiving AOR would he March/April. If you have PGWP till April, you can wait for now and apply open work permit later on, if your PGWP is expiring in start/mid march you should go for bonded. I’m not sure that you can apply for BOWP without AOR but i have heard a few cases of people applying closed wp without receiving PNP aswell just to maintain the status.

Better to take advice from a reputed consultant
did you applied for wpsl? How long it took to process.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
If you have AOR , apply for BOWP . Make sure you also attach nomination letter along with other supporting documents too . You don’t need WPSL if you have AOR letter and have no nomination restrictions on your nomination certificate.

Navideol

Feb 5, 2024
If you have AOR , apply for BOWP . Make sure you also attach nomination letter along with other supporting documents too . You don’t need WPSL if you have AOR letter and have no nomination restrictions on your nomination certificate.
i don’t have aor yet. Thats why i am waiting for support letter.

Dec 10, 2023
did you applied for wpsl? How long it took to process.
I am way behind you, i am still waiting for my nomination, waiting from 5 months, but my pgwp is also expiring soon, i asked my consultant, he said sometimes MPNP issue a WPSL by themselves for the applicants whose PWGPs are expiring soon, as i mentioned you earlier, i might apply for closed WP extension just with the help of my employer and then later on upload all the the documents. You can also do the same if you want. You will continue your PGWP status until the decision on your application. Closed WP application are taking about 3-4 months to get processed and you can upload documents before your file gets picked up for a review (my consultant suggested).

Reactions: Navideol

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
i don’t have aor yet. Thats why i am waiting for support letter.
For extension of Work permit and applying closed work permit, WPSL is mandatory document. You should email PNP office and explain them your situation however if you didn’t get WPSL until your current work permit expires, you can submit without WPSL and wait and once you get that letter send it through webform asap . This might be little risky as can result in refusal too .

Navideol

Feb 5, 2024
I am way behind you, i am still waiting for my nomination, waiting from 5 months, but my pgwp is also expiring soon, i asked my consultant, he said sometimes MPNP issue a WPSL by themselves for the applicants whose PWGPs are expiring soon, as i mentioned you earlier, i might apply for closed WP extension just with the help of my employer and then later on upload all the the documents. You can also do the same if you want. You will continue your PGWP status until the decision on your application. Closed WP application are taking about 3-4 months to get processed and you can upload documents before your file gets picked up for a review (my consultant suggested).
the only risk i think of is their processing times are unpredictable. They can process it within a month as well.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Wrong. Expiring work permit doesn’t fast nomination process. They won’t issue you WPSL until you meet requirements and your application has been approved. If your work permit is expiring you can certainly submit without nomination letter and WPSL for buying some extra time and remain on maintained status and can continue working with same employer under same conditions.

Dec 10, 2023
Wrong. Expiring work permit doesn’t fast nomination process. They won’t issue you WPSL until you meet requirements and your application has been approved. If your work permit is expiring you can certainly submit without nomination letter and WPSL for buying some extra time and remain on maintained status and can continue working with same employer under same conditions.
You misunderstood it because i didnt mentioned that they issue wpsl by themselves when u get nominated like in my case they might issue me a wpsl along with my nomination if i receive my nomination near to the expiry date of my pgwp. And it happens often, if not always. I have seen a few cases like that. I didnt talk about the processings time

Navideol

Feb 5, 2024
You misunderstood it because i didnt mentioned that they issue wpsl by themselves when u get nominated like in my case they might issue me a wpsl along with my nomination if i received my nomination near to the expiry date of my pgwp. And it happens often, if not always. I have seen a few cases like that
Yeah, they do issue to some. I have seen.