+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend work permit with the support of WPSL

ruwancanada

Apr 11, 2022
Hi folks,

I'm planning to apply work permit extension with the Manitoba WPSL (Work Permit Support Letter).

Right now, I have an open work permit and a Provincial Nominee Non-Exepress entry. (Online)

Does anyone know, do we need LMIA Exempt no to apply for a work permit extension with the support of WPSL?

Personally, I think we don't need LMIA Exempt
Thank you All for your support

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi folks,

I'm planning to apply work permit extension with the Manitoba WPSL (Work Permit Support Letter).

Right now, I have an open work permit and a Provincial Nominee Non-Exepress entry. (Online)

Does anyone know, do we need LMIA Exempt no to apply for a work permit extension with the support of WPSL?

Personally, I think we don't need LMIA Exempt
Thank you All for your support
Is your nomination tied to your employer? See restrictions on your nomination letter. If yes you can only apply closed work permit. For applying of ope work permit, you need copy if your AOR which acknowledgement of receipt sent by cic.

beliza

Jun 23, 2020
@Miss bee Hello miss bee I am in the same predicament. I am trying to apple for a bowp. I am on a PGWP which is an open work permit which expires June 2023. I want to send in a BOWP application, but I am unsure on how to request a nomination letter. Please can you advise how to get a nomination letter.I applied UNDER MPNP

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee Hello miss bee I am in the same predicament. I am trying to apple for a bowp. I am on a PGWP which is an open work permit which expires June 2023. I want to send in a BOWP application, but I am unsure on how to request a nomination letter. Please can you advise how to get a nomination letter.I applied UNDER MPNP
Did you already got nomination from province? Is your employment restriction on your nomination?

beliza

Jun 23, 2020
Did you already got nomination from province? Is your employment restriction on your nomination?
@Miss bee I'm not yet nominated but I’m in the EOI pool . They have not done any draws since sept. 15th due to the Noc 2021 update. Since I may still be waiting for an MPNP response around the time work permit is expiring I just want to prepare ahead

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee I'm not yet nominated but I’m in the EOI pool . They have not done any draws since sept. 15th due to the Noc 2021 update. Since I may still be waiting for an MPNP response around the time work permit is expiring I just want to prepare ahead
Unfortunately you have be nominated for work permit extension or have positive LMIA from your employer to get another word permit. Also you don’t qualify for new work permit policy which came this year.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2022-open-work-permits-tr-pr.html

beliza

Jun 23, 2020
Hello, thanks for your response. I just got my mono nomination and there are no restrictions to my employment. I’m about to extend my work permit with a WPSL. Since my work permit is valid will my call employer need to pay any compliance fee of $230 to IRCC for me to get the WPSL?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello, thanks for your response. I just got my mono nomination and there are no restrictions to my employment. I’m about to extend my work permit with a WPSL. Since my work permit is valid will my call employer need to pay any compliance fee of $230 to IRCC for me to get the WPSL?
Yes.

And yes, if they don't pay the $230 compliance fee, your ability to extend your work permit is dead in the water.

Harjit838

Jan 15, 2022
Hi, Recently I am nominated by mpnp to apply for federal PR under non express and my closed work permit is going to expire in 4 months. Is it necessary to get work permit support letter to extend my work permit with same employer or there is any other way? please let me know.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, Recently I am nominated by mpnp to apply for federal PR under non express and my closed work permit is going to expire in 4 months. Is it necessary to get work permit support letter to extend my work permit with same employer or there is any other way? please let me know.
Yes you should email PNP office and ask them to provide WPSL . It is mandatory document if you want to extend your work permit. If you already have AOR for PR application , then you don’t need it . Email MPNP office . Here is link to request WPSL.
Work Permit Support Letters
If you are a provincial nominee, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) may issue you a work permit support letter (WPSL) that will allow you to apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for a work permit.
If you are already working in Manitoba with a temporary work permit and need to renew your work permit, request a WPSL at least two months before your current work permit expires. If you have obtained a new job offer from a Manitoba employer, you may also request a WPSL to apply for a work permit.
To request a WPSL, please use the Skilled Worker Webform.
Conditions
The issuance of a WPSL is at the sole discretion of the MPNP. The MPNP may not issue a WPSL if the MPNP is not satisfied with the sincerity of the employer, the employment conditions or your ability to economically establish in Manitoba. Your employer must be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Manitoba. Your employer must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the MPNP that they are an established business with an ability to offer you full-time and long-term employment in Manitoba. If you are not issued a WPSL and seek other work permit options, please see the IRCC website.
Your employer must register on the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Employer Portal and pay the compliance fee before you are issued your work permit support letter. They should do this at the same time you apply to the MPNP if your work permit is valid for six months or less.

Reactions: Harjit838

doubledang

Jan 11, 2024
Hi, I am an applicant for MPNP, still not nominated. My PGWP expires on Feb 03, 2024. I am currently working in the Teer 1 job category. Can I apply for a work permit extension under the International Mobility Program (LMIA exempt)? My employer will provide me with the 7-digit employment number and pay the $230 fee. Now how can I request the work permit extension letter from MPNP? Thanks.