+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend study permit+off campus WP & spouse WP, can do them at same time?

MoeTurson

Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I have couple questions please fill me out..

- I'm an international student, 2 years left to graduate. I want to renew my study permit(expires on Dec,2012) and want also to apply for an off campus work permit. I know I can do both at the same time online, right?

- My spouse is on visitor record (expires on Dec too) and want extend her stay and to apply for an open work permit. Can she do that online and on the same time I do mine?

knowing that she's with me in Canada.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you!! ;)

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
MoeTurson said:
Hi,

I have couple questions please fill me out..

- I'm an international student, 2 years left to graduate. I want to renew my study permit(expires on Dec,2012) and want also to apply for an off campus work permit. I know I can do both at the same time online, right?

- My spouse is on visitor record (expires on Dec too) and want extend her stay and to apply for an open work permit. Can she do that online and on the same time I do mine?

knowing that she's with me in Canada.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you!! ;)
1. Yes you can do both provided you meet the OCWP's requirements.
2. Yes

I.CAN

Jan 25, 2011
Inam89 said:
1. Yes you can do both provided you meet the OCWP's requirements.
2. Yes
Hi -

I have a query regarding extension of Study Permit. Initially when I applied for Student VISA from India, following are my details:

My Passport Expiry = 17-Aug-2013 (will renew it by Feb 2013)
VISA Expiry = 17-July-2013
Study Permit Expiry= 17-Aug-2013

So my question is can I extend my study permit till November 2013 (that was the initial validity that they gave in the VISA acknowledgment letter). So while applying for extension, do I need to apply and extend my VISA also or is it by default covered in study permit.

Please help me with this, I am totally confused.

Thanks
I.CAN

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
I.CAN said:
Hi -

I have a query regarding extension of Study Permit. Initially when I applied for Student VISA from India, following are my details:

My Passport Expiry = 17-Aug-2013 (will renew it by Feb 2013)
VISA Expiry = 17-July-2013
Study Permit Expiry= 17-Aug-2013

So my question is can I extend my study permit till November 2013 (that was the initial validity that they gave in the VISA acknowledgment letter). So while applying for extension, do I need to apply and extend my VISA also or is it by default covered in study permit.

Please help me with this, I am totally confused.

Thanks
I.CAN
1. You can extend your SP till November 2013 if your course is ending in November 2013. A letter from your university will be required to acknowledge this.

2. As long you are living inside Canada, you don't require a Visa. Visa is only required at the time your are entering / re-entering Canada. You can have an expire visa while living in Canada. However, if you want to renew your visa you will have to apply for it and it will not be renewed automatically with your SP renewal.

BR,
Inam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Inam89 said:
1. You can extend your SP till November 2013 if your course is ending in November 2013. A letter from your university will be required to acknowledge this.

2. As long you are living inside Canada, you don't require a Visa. Visa is only required at the time your are entering / re-entering Canada. You can have an expire visa while living in Canada. However, if you want to renew your visa you will have to apply for it and it will not be renewed automatically with your SP renewal.

BR,
Inam
The OP has to extend the passport first.