+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Stay In Canada - Is Medical Exam Required?

param11singh

Mar 10, 2016
Hi,

I am trying to extend the stay of my parents in Canada, beyond their regular 6-month trip. While starting of the questionnaire, I answer the question “How long would you like to stay in Canada“ as “Temporarily - Less that six months”. I am interpreting this question as: For this application, do you want to stay more than 6 months, or less than 6 months. My questions then are:
  1. Am I answering the question correctly? Because my parents would have stayed for over 6 months, if their application for extension gets approved. However, they will leave within one year of their entire stay in Canada.
  2. While filling up the section of the form for my mother (“family member” of my Father - who’s the primary applicant”, there’s a question that I am confused about: ”Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year? Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada.”
    1. What should be the answer of this question? Should I select Yes or No?
      1. Both my parents would have stayed for over 6 months in Canada, and also in a designated country before coming to Canada.
      2. If I answer it as “yes”, then it asks to provide medical exam for my mother, while doesn’t ask for the same for my father. I think it should be either both my parents have to do the medical exam, or neither of them have to, as they both entered in Canada on the same date.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

cherrybanks

Nov 25, 2020
Hi, I have the same question with you. Have you applied? Could you please share your answers to the question. Thanks a lot!

ajplayit

Apr 30, 2015
Hi,

I am trying to extend the stay of my parents in Canada, beyond their regular 6-month trip. While starting of the questionnaire, I answer the question “How long would you like to stay in Canada“ as “Temporarily - Less that six months”. I am interpreting this question as: For this application, do you want to stay more than 6 months, or less than 6 months. My questions then are:
  1. Am I answering the question correctly? Because my parents would have stayed for over 6 months, if their application for extension gets approved. However, they will leave within one year of their entire stay in Canada.
  2. While filling up the section of the form for my mother (“family member” of my Father - who’s the primary applicant”, there’s a question that I am confused about: ”Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territoriesfor more than six months in the last year? Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada.”
    1. What should be the answer of this question? Should I select Yes or No?
      1. Both my parents would have stayed for over 6 months in Canada, and also in a designated country before coming to Canada.
      2. If I answer it as “yes”, then it asks to provide medical exam for my mother, while doesn’t ask for the same for my father. I think it should be either both my parents have to do the medical exam, or neither of them have to, as they both entered in Canada on the same date.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Hello Param, Can you please let me know what option you had selected, I am in a similar situation. My parents have been in Canada for 5 months already and I am applying for their extension for another 6 months. In the last 1 year they haven't stayed in a designated country for more than 6 months.