+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend PPR Submission Timeline beyond 30 days

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Hello all,

I have recently received passport request for my Spousal Sponsorship application. However, I have already sent passport for visitor visa stamping a week ago. I have filled webform to request an extension of PPR timeline as there will be delay in submission.

I want to ask if anyone has experience in such request? How much do IRCC adhere to 30 day timeline?

Medicals will be expired in Sept 2022 and COPR expiry date (as seen in the new tracker) is in 2025

Many thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have recently received passport request for my Spousal Sponsorship application. However, I have already sent passport for visitor visa stamping a week ago. I have filled webform to request an extension of PPR timeline as there will be delay in submission.

I want to ask if anyone has experience in such request? How much do IRCC adhere to 30 day timeline?
They will likely be flexible about the timeline since passport is with them BUT try contacting VFS or embassy / visa office to see if you can have the passport left there and get the visa/COPR without submitting again. Important, you'll need photos of the right size for COPR/PR, get those right away as they may ask you to submit right away.

note, can't promise at all this will work, just worth a try

Reactions: arajoba

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
They will likely be flexible about the timeline since passport is with them BUT try contacting VFS or embassy / visa office to see if you can have the passport left there and get the visa/COPR without submitting again. Important, you'll need photos of the right size for COPR/PR, get those right away as they may ask you to submit right away.

note, can't promise at all this will work, just worth a try
I had the same idea but we still need to send photos, eye color, height measurement etc...That part is ready, we are just waiting to hear on webform.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I had the same idea but we still need to send photos, eye color, height measurement etc...That part is ready, we are just waiting to hear on webform.
The eye colour and height is literally just providing them that, can be done in any format.

If you wait for webform you will probably have your passport back before then. Try vfs and visa office of embassy direclty if you have any contact info.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
arajoba- Did you get an extension for your PPR ?
You rarely get given an extension. If the reason for the delay is acceptable then the delay in sending in your passport is overlooked. If you are going to send in your passport over the 30 days I would send a webform to IRCC indicating there will be a delay, why and when you anticipate sending in the passport but I would not expect to receive a reply before you send in the passport. What is the reason for the delay and how much of a delay will there be?