+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend passport request letter

Ghadakamel968

Mar 1, 2022
Is any one after receiving the passport request letter and for special reason he was un able to submit it within the time frame (30 days) and asked for extension?

Reactions: Ngwa12

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is any one after receiving the passport request letter and for special reason he was un able to submit it within the time frame (30 days) and asked for extension?
Why do you need extension? When do you need to submit your passport and how much more time do you need?

Ghadakamel968

Mar 1, 2022
My passport now in Saudi Arabia embassy for a visitor visa and I have a travel planned on March 18 for 2 weeks and according to the processing time of Saudi Arabia embassy, I will receive my passport 1 or 2 days before my flight and I will return back to my country after 2 weeks (March 27) so I want to extend it just few days after the 30 days which suppose to be ended on March 23

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My passport now in Saudi Arabia embassy for a visitor visa and I have a travel planned on March 18 for 2 weeks and according to the processing time of Saudi Arabia embassy, I will receive my passport 1 or 2 days before my flight and I will return back to my country after 2 weeks (March 27) so I want to extend it just few days after the 30 days which suppose to be ended on March 23
Would send in a webform explaining that your passport is already being stamped with a TRV so it will take time to get passport back and send it again. Apologize if the passport may be a few days late. Don’t wait for a reply just send in the passport as soon as possible. A few days is usually not a big deal.

dakumanga

Mar 24, 2022
Would send in a webform explaining that your passport is already being stamped with a TRV so it will take time to get passport back and send it again. Apologize if the passport may be a few days late. Don’t wait for a reply just send in the passport as soon as possible. A few days is usually not a big deal.
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. The IRCC issued a letter within 2 days of submitting my study permit application, but I didn't received any notification and missed to check the same in time by login into their website.. and when I checked later, I found the date is already expired ( 30 days) - since I checked after 30 day. Did IRCC extended the date in your case or you just submitted the passport to VAC and they accepted it?

In the mean time, I already submitted a webform for extension.

Reactions: thisgracia

dakumanga

Mar 24, 2022
Did you received the extension? I am in a similar situation where IRCC letter date is expired. Thanks

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Same with me. Applied for parents visitor visa on March 14. On March 21, they visited for biometrics and dropped passport in UK VFS. I received PPR today but the passport is with UK VFS and they might take 5 to 6 weeks for its processing.

Raised webform, do they generally extend? I was reading for PR PPR, they extended by a month. Visit visa should be simple?

Reactions: dakumanga

Ifillcavities

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
05-04-2019
Hello
I applied for my parents visitor visa on 30th May online on IRCC portal. Got Passport Request Letter on 28th June . But my parents had to fly to USA and would be back in the last week of August.
I wanted to know how do I contact IRCC for extension . Secondly does IRCC extend the deadline or not ?
I will attach their tickets for reference .
TIA

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hello
I applied for my parents visitor visa on 30th May online on IRCC portal. Got Passport Request Letter on 28th June . But my parents had to fly to USA and would be back in the last week of August.
I wanted to know how do I contact IRCC for extension . Secondly does IRCC extend the deadline or not ?
I will attach their tickets for reference .
TIA
NO easy way to contact IRCC. They can get the passport stamped in US itself. All they need to do is to follow the guidelines for Canada visa submission post PPR. You can get passport stamped in any country, if you have the PPR. From what I know, receiving passport back in US takes less than a week. The only thing will be they won't have ID for a week or so. But it's generally never a problem, my parents never carried their passports with them in US and Canada (unless they have to board a flight or something).

HBA25

Jul 20, 2022
Did anyone here manage to get a reply from IRCC web form or receive new passport request letter for visit visa after 30 day expiry, any help is appreciated. Status is visa approved but was unable to submit passport within 30 days

Yingzhe Guo

Jul 20, 2022
My name is Yingzhe Guo, I got approved for my student permit and I sent my visa to the New York Canada Visa Office within 30 days as requested. However, When I send my passport to the New York Canada Visa Office via TT Services, instead of selecting student permit, I selected original passport submission under the application category, which caused me did not get my S-1 visa stamped on my passport. My letter of passport request has now expired, should I apply for an extension? How long would it take to get my extension?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. The IRCC issued a letter within 2 days of submitting my study permit application, but I didn't received any notification and missed to check the same in time by login into their website.. and when I checked later, I found the date is already expired ( 30 days) - since I checked after 30 day. Did IRCC extended the date in your case or you just submitted the passport to VAC and they accepted it?

In the mean time, I already submitted a webform for extension.
Can you please share that worked for you? Did you wait for webform reply or sent the passport asap?

dakumanga

Mar 24, 2022
Can you please share that worked for you? Did you wait for webform reply or sent the passport asap?
Yes they accepted my passport and even extended the validity for passport request letter.

First thing I did was raise a webform for application outside Canada and requested for extension. Same day, I submitted the documents to VAC by mail.
along with my submission, I included cover letter explaining "in brief" the reason for delayed submission, about web form request for extension and then requesting them to accept the passport.

Received passport back in 10 days with VISA stamped.

So go ahead and submit the passport as soon as possible.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: UmairS

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Yes they accepted my passport and even extended the validity for passport request letter.

First thing I did was raise a webform for application outside Canada and requested for extension. Same day, I submitted the documents to VAC by mail.
along with my submission, I included cover letter explaining "in brief" the reason for delayed submission, about web form request for extension and then requesting them to accept the passport.

Received passport back in 10 days with VISA stamped.

So go ahead and submit the passport as soon as possible.

Hope it helps.
Thankyou so much for shaing these details, its really helpful!!

Just one more question, in the cover letter I plan to mention that I didn't receive email and I also checked my account late and I will apologize and ask them for extension. Would that be a good enough reason from your experience?