+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend passport request letter

dakumanga

Mar 24, 2022
Thankyou so much for shaing these details, its really helpful!!

Just one more question, in the cover letter I plan to mention that I didn't receive email and I also checked my account late and I will apologize and ask them for extension. Would that be a good enough reason from your experience?
Yea, I did the same. :)

Shaksman2000

Jan 20, 2023
Hello,
Please I got my Passport Request Letter on the 17th, January 2023 to submit within 30 days. I can not submit it now because I am currently at sea sailing, I am a sailor. I will be due to disembark from the ship middle of March.
I filled a web form today stating reasons why I can not submit before the deadline and I also attached some proofs.
Please does anyone have an idea if my request for extension will be approved?

Anubha

Feb 6, 2023
Hello,
Please I got my Passport Request Letter on the 17th, January 2023 to submit within 30 days. I can not submit it now because I am currently at sea sailing, I am a sailor. I will be due to disembark from the ship middle of March.
I filled a web form today stating reasons why I can not submit before the deadline and I also attached some proofs.
Hi What is the link to the web form? Can you share?

Anubha

Feb 6, 2023
Hi,

I am facing the same issue- my letter states that I need to submit within 30 days, but I am travelling abroad for around 10 days. I am in a fix as to whether I should submit my passport now, or do it once I am back. If I do it now, the website says stamping could take around 15 days, which means my travel goes for a toss. On the other hand, i still have 4 days in hand after I come back to submit the passport- but I am worried whether I will get an appointment to submit at the local VFS within those 4 days. Please help!! Really in a fix!!

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi,

I am facing the same issue- my letter states that I need to submit within 30 days, but I am travelling abroad for around 10 days. I am in a fix as to whether I should submit my passport now, or do it once I am back. If I do it now, the website says stamping could take around 15 days, which means my travel goes for a toss. On the other hand, i still have 4 days in hand after I come back to submit the passport- but I am worried whether I will get an appointment to submit at the local VFS within those 4 days. Please help!! Really in a fix!!
Google ircc webform and follow the link

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Google ircc webform and follow the link
The webform link is in the passport request letter. I am in similar situation my parents have 3 days left before the deadline expires. My parents were traveling back unfortunately when I booked the appointment with VFS they gave the appointment on first come first serve basis the very next morning which doesn’t allow my parents to attend that time slot.

The problem is the VFS now blocks them from submitting another appointment request and they have to wait 3 calendar days to book another appointment which will take us beyond 30 day limit. I have raised a webform request for extension not sure I will get response from IRCC.

Can my parents go to VFS with expired letter when I schedule their next appointment or they have to wait for updated letter from IRCC?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
The webform link is in the passport request letter. I am in similar situation my parents have 3 days left before the deadline expires. My parents were traveling back unfortunately when I booked the appointment with VFS they gave the appointment on first come first serve basis the very next morning which doesn’t allow my parents to attend that time slot.

The problem is the VFS now blocks them from submitting another appointment request and they have to wait 3 calendar days to book another appointment which will take us beyond 30 day limit. I have raised a webform request for extension not sure I will get response from IRCC.

Can my parents go to VFS with expired letter when I schedule their next appointment or they have to wait for updated letter from IRCC?
Add a cover letter explaining your situation and also mention in that that you have raised webform with IRCC for this. Take this and expired letter to VFS

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Add a cover letter explaining your situation and also mention in that that you have raised webform with IRCC for this. Take this and expired letter to VFS
Thank you!! I will provide cover letter to VFS with necessary details.

Do you get any confirmation email about webform request you raised with IRCC? I submitted the webform but there doesn’t seem to be any confirmation number or acknowledgment email?

Muhammad Zaid

Mar 11, 2023
Hi, I am this in similar situation I received my passport submission letter in 21 dec 2023, and my email was not working and i forgot that I have applied Canada visa yesterday i realize on 10 March 2023 that i have applied Canada visa then i checked my account my passport submission letter is already added into my account in December and 30 days time limit exceed please advise now what should i do.

thisgracia

Apr 4, 2023
Yes they accepted my passport and even extended the validity for passport request letter.

First thing I did was raise a webform for application outside Canada and requested for extension. Same day, I submitted the documents to VAC by mail.
along with my submission, I included cover letter explaining "in brief" the reason for delayed submission, about web form request for extension and then requesting them to accept the passport.

Received passport back in 10 days with VISA stamped.

So go ahead and submit the passport as soon as possible.

Hope it helps.
Hi,

I want to ask if there is any chance for me to send my passport with expired pssport request? I have received an email dated Feb 7 but just yesterday night I see the email. I already send query to webform and planning to send my passport and other documents tomorrow. is there any chance for them to accoet my passport even it's almost 2 months Late?
thank you for your reply in advance.

Akosua.A

May 23, 2016
Hello,
Hi, did you submit your expired letter to VFS? was it accepted? What country are you in?

Akosua.A

May 23, 2016
Hi,

I want to ask if there is any chance for me to send my passport with expired pssport request? I have received an email dated Feb 7 but just yesterday night I see the email. I already send query to webform and planning to send my passport and other documents tomorrow. is there any chance for them to accoet my passport even it's almost 2 months Late?
thank you for your reply in advance.
Hi, did you submit your passport already? Was it accepted?

kiyone

May 7, 2023
When raising a webform to request for a passport submission extension, which “type of inquiry” would it fall under? I’m not sure of which category