+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019
Hello anyone,
1) If my funding is a gift from my father, do I still need to offer my payslips?
2) Is an exchange program/internship with no reference letter but rather a certificate considered as employment? Or is it education?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello anyone,
1) If my funding is a gift from my father, do I still need to offer my payslips?
2) Is an exchange program/internship with no reference letter but rather a certificate considered as employment? Or is it education?
1) Payslips? You'd need to show a bank account to your name with the required funds and a notarized gift deed from your father as Proof of Funds (POF)

2) I do not think it is considered as education, but I might be wrong. Were you paid for this internship? IF you were, then there are some ways in which you could claim work experience for it, but you have to meet some conditions. What would the NOC be? Is it a Category A, B or 0? Was it in Canada or out of Canada? Do you have a co-worker that could attest to your work on that internship? Was it for more than a year?

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019
1) Payslips? You'd need to show a bank account to your name with the required funds and a notarized gift deed from your father as Proof of Funds (POF)

2) I do not think it is considered as education, but I might be wrong. Were you paid for this internship? IF you were, then there are some ways in which you could claim work experience for it, but you have to meet some conditions. What would the NOC be? Is it a Category A, B or 0? Was it in Canada or out of Canada? Do you have a co-worker that could attest to your work on that internship? Was it for more than a year?
For the first point I already have my bank statement and a notarized gift deed, should I add payslips too?
The internship was in Munich and lasted for 3 months. It does not fit any noc because it had a variety of job tasks and I was issued a certificate not a reference letter.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For the first point I already have my bank statement and a notarized gift deed, should I add payslips too?
The internship was in Munich and lasted for 3 months. It does not fit any noc because it had a variety of job tasks and I was issued a certificate not a reference letter.
I think that you only have payslips if you worked for someone, so I don't know what you mean when you ask if you should add them. Unfortunately, anything that lasted 3 months, does not fit any NOC, and only gave you a certificate, would not count towards CRS points.

For it to count for Education, it should have lasted more than a year and even so it would need to "count" as one for any of the ECA agencies.

For it to count for Work Experience, it should have been paid, fallen within one NOC, and been for at least 1-year (unless you already had a job that lasted for a continuous year or more)

Reactions: Otiendee

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019
I think that you only have payslips if you worked for someone, so I don't know what you mean when you ask if you should add them. Unfortunately, anything that lasted 3 months, does not fit any NOC, and only gave you a certificate, would not count towards CRS points.

For it to count for Education, it should have lasted more than a year and even so it would need to "count" as one for any of the ECA agencies.

For it to count for Work Experience, it should have been paid, fallen within one NOC, and been for at least 1-year (unless you already had a job that lasted for a continuous year or more)
what I meant was adding payslips to my bank statement. Thanks for the responses

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
It doesn't sound like you could get points for your internship as work because you don't have a NOC, you can't verify the job duties linked to that NOC, and you don't have a reference letter on company letterhead. It wouldn't count as education because it needs to be a proper program that you can have assessed for equivalency to a Canadian education program.

So I don't think they would accept it and you should see if you have enough points without that internship

Reactions: Otiendee

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019
It doesn't sound like you could get points for your internship as work because you don't have a NOC, you can't verify the job duties linked to that NOC, and you don't have a reference letter on company letterhead. It wouldn't count as education because it needs to be a proper program that you can have assessed for equivalency to a Canadian education program.

So I don't think they would accept it and you should see if you have enough points without that internship
Thanks for the information

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019

Well noted. Thanks