+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Supporting Documents: Educational Degree/Diploma

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rousi said:
Hi I have received an ITA, now in the Educational Degree I have a question,

I finished my master's degree in Canada last December and I have a letter stating that I have met all the requirements and that I am only waiting for convocation which is in 2 months. I also have my transcripts. This is what I used to apply for a Post graduate Work Permit and it was accepted.

Do you guys think this will be accepted by CIC as a proof of completion of studies for Express Entry? or will I have to wait for my degree to be conferred? I mean I could wait until my convocation and still be in the 90 days to complete the application but I would like to get everything done asap.

Any comments?
Wait for the degree to be conferred to avoid surprises. Since it is from Canada; the official confirmation date of Convocation and your invitation, a letter stating that you will be awarded a degree as you have completed the course requirements, along with transcripts the transcripts should be fine. BUT if you can get the degree and provide it, and this can be done in the due 90 days, then wait for it.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Hello,

I am about to finalize my e-aPR.
Just to be 100% sure.
For Proof of studies (BA and Masters):
I have a black and white copy of my masters but I don't dare to add it in case of rejection cause of that.
I don't have the original degrees but I'm planning to provide:
- Certificates of completion
- Transcripts

That should work, right? Should I add the ECA too? I think it's not necessary as I already provided the ECA number in the form.
If someone could please confirm :).
Thank you!

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Add IELTS scores and degree and ECA in one file.
Do you mean that I need to provide all the language tests and ECA with my degree certificates and transcripts? I completed both IELTS and TEF.

There's only one slot for a file, so I need to combine it all in one unique file.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Do you mean that I need to provide all the language tests and ECA with my degree certificates and transcripts? I completed both IELTS and TEF.

There's only one slot for a file, so I need to combine it all in one unique file.
Yes, it's best to upload everything even though they can see the ECA/language scores online. Make their job easier. You don't need to upload transcripts or marksheets etc.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Yes, it's best to upload everything even though they can see the ECA/language scores online. Make their job easier. You don't need to upload transcripts or marksheets etc.
Thanks for your answer.
I was planning to add the transcripts too as I read this on IRCC website:
"Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available."
I will just not add the black and white copy of my Masters degree... as I have the certificate. Because I saw that black and white copies could be reason of rejection.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Thanks for your answer.
I was planning to add the transcripts too as I read this on IRCC website:
"Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
I will just not add the black and white copy of my Masters degree... as I have the certificate. Because I saw that black and white copies could be reason of rejection."
Add whatever degrees you have the ECA for. Put color copies.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Add whatever degrees you have the ECA for. Put color copies.
I was asking because I don't have the original degrees, so I can't provide a colored copy.

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Oh, where are the originals?
Some people say B&W documents get rejected. Not sure if all, or only PCC's etc. but I suggest you try and find out.
As I said, I don't have them. But I have certificates of completion and transcripts instead. Thus my question ^_^.
I'd appreciate if someone could give me their insight about the full question. :)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017
I wanted to confirm if I need to add the marksheet for each semester for all 8 semesters in degree or I have to add final degree only.

wajid619

Sep 15, 2016
I forgot to attach ny original degrees. Just attached the ECA report in the educational degrees section. I did send them the CSE attaching the degrees though. Can this cause a delay or rejection? Should I be worried?

Reactions: Rudolph_reindeer
Nov 10, 2018
I uploaded the WES ECA, the marksheets and a certificate from the university stating that I have passed the bachelors degree examination. However, there is degree award document which I left out erroneously. I need to collect it from the university. I have already filed for my PR. Will I face any issue? What are the chances of refusal? Did any of you face anything similar? What was the outcome?

@wajid619 @Jyotsna please revert if u read this.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Rockinjet

Oct 11, 2018
Hello,

I am about to finalize my e-aPR.
Just to be 100% sure.
For Proof of studies (BA and Masters):
I have a black and white copy of my masters but I don't dare to add it in case of rejection cause of that.
I don't have the original degrees but I'm planning to provide:
- Certificates of completion
- Transcripts

That should work, right? Should I add the ECA too? I think it's not necessary as I already provided the ECA number in the form.
If someone could please confirm :).
Thank you!
Hi,
Did you get ppr after submitting documets without degrees?