+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Supporting Documents: Educational Degree/Diploma

karan-91

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an ITA in last night's draw. Got through the questionnaire fairly quick. I'm now at the stage where I've got to upload support documents.

One of the documents being asked for is Education Diplomas/Degrees.

Screenshot: pho.to/9WmZI

I have a BSc. at a Canadian university. Am I to upload my fancy one page diploma? Or what proof of education is being asked for? For anything else (such as transcripts), I'd have to contact the university.

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karan-91 said:
I got an ITA in last night's draw. Got through the questionnaire fairly quick. I'm now at the stage where I've got to upload support documents.

I have a BSc. at a Canadian university. Am I to upload my fancy one page diploma? Or what proof of education is being asked for? For anything else (such as transcripts), I'd have to contact the university.

Thanks in advance.
CIC doesn't ask for transcripts.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karan-91 said:

Thanks in advance.
Just upload your degree certificate.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
karan-91 said:

Thanks in advance.
This website should assist you in determining what CIC requires:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
CIC definitly asks for transcripts and diploma
I stand corrected. CIC usually doesn't ask for transcripts because an ECA and/or degree/diploma suffice but they might ask some applicants.

Purpose

To confirm education claims and validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
  • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or [*]obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.

Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.

Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly with the issuing organization.
  • A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner

karan-91

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
The above applies in my case. It says "Transcripts, if available"...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karan-91 said:
The above applies in my case. It says "Transcripts, if available"...
That sounds like an option. Which means you are allowed to submit just the Degree/Diploma.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Transcripts are optional and definitely not compulsory, however they are compulsory when applying via the PhD stream. Only a degree certificate should suffice.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Anya654 said:
Transcripts are optional and definitely not compulsory, however they are compulsory when applying via the PhD stream. Only a degree certificate should suffice.
Hi,

In my case it is required!
Education Transcripts (required)! And there a place for that to upload the transcripts! Why is that?!

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
01/06/2016 and 07/06/2016
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I received ITA in December 2015 and currently working on completing the required documents for submitting the eAPR. I have a few questions that I need clarification on and would really appreciate if someone could provide me clarity on these:

1. Do I need to get copied of required documents such as Educational docs, birth certificates, passport copies, experience letters notarized before scanning and uploading?
2. I have a immediate relative in Canada. Although I am not and cannot claim any points because of this, but I have disclosed this to provide correct information. Accordingly the documents that I have been asked to provide include the 'proof of relationship' and my relative's residency status with additional details like 'utility bills'. I can get all the documents such as a copy of his drivers license and mobile bill, which include his address, but the challenge with the utility bill is that they are not in his name since he is staying in a rented accommodation and does not have any utilities under his name. Therefore, if I provide a copy of the utility bill which is not under his name, will this be acceptable?

Sincerely,

Shining Star

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Shining Star said:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I received ITA in December 2015 and currently working on completing the required documents for submitting the eAPR. I have a few questions that I need clarification on and would really appreciate if someone could provide me clarity on these:

1. Do I need to get copied of required documents such as Educational docs, birth certificates, passport copies, experience letters notarized before scanning and uploading?
Since you are uploading the scan of the original documents, the officer should be able to compare it with the scan (attached to the translation) and make sure that it is a true copy! So I don't think you need to notarize them. Notarization is required for other streams (not Express Entry), because in those streams applicants had to post the copy and couldn't (shouldn't) post the original. So the officer didn't have access to the original document!
2. I have a immediate relative in Canada. Although I am not and cannot claim any points because of this, but I have disclosed this to provide correct information. Accordingly the documents that I have been asked to provide include the 'proof of relationship' and my relative's residency status with additional details like 'utility bills'. I can get all the documents such as a copy of his drivers license and mobile bill, which include his address, but the challenge with the utility bill is that they are not in his name since he is staying in a rented accommodation and does not have any utilities under his name. Therefore, if I provide a copy of the utility bill which is not under his name, will this be acceptable?
That should suffice. Explain these on a letter and upload it.

Sincerely,

Shining Star

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
I RECEIVED INVITATION FROM ONTARIO BUT THAT EMAIL MENTION THAT IF I ACCEPT IT THAN I AM OUT FROM EXPRESS ENTRY & I AM NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY OTHER province PNP..

ITS CORRECT?

Rousi

Oct 16, 2013
Hi I have received an ITA, now in the Educational Degree I have a question,

I finished my master's degree in Canada last December and I have a letter stating that I have met all the requirements and that I am only waiting for convocation which is in 2 months. I also have my transcripts. This is what I used to apply for a Post graduate Work Permit and it was accepted.

Do you guys think this will be accepted by CIC as a proof of completion of studies for Express Entry? or will I have to wait for my degree to be conferred? I mean I could wait until my convocation and still be in the 90 days to complete the application but I would like to get everything done asap.

Any comments?