+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

maryamahmed

Jan 14, 2019
Why do you need to do before ITA?

Do the medical last. Cz when you get PR, it is valid for 1 yr from the date of medical. When you do it last, you have more time to land
I'm already living and working in Vancouver. I just want to save waiting time for the medical results and have all my papers ready to submit as soon as I receive my ITA. That's why I want to know if I can schedule a medical exam in the coming days before getting the ITA.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Very good Info, Thanks

i want to Apply alone without wife and kid, and if i get success is it easy to call the family there. is this good idea?
Technically, you can do that. You need to include their information in the application, but you can choose that you don't want to bring them. This would give you the same points for a single person. Later you can sponsor them and bring them to Canada.

Last edited:

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi everyone. I have a question and I read many pages in this thread, but it is still not clear.

If the job is part time continuous under the same NOC with the same employer, but the job title changes during that time frame in less than one year, would that count as continuous job experience?

I have a friend who lives in the US and has been a TA or RA since August 2014.
He worked for 20 hrs per week. However, his job title has been changing from TA to RA every year. So he has equivalent of almost 2.5 years of full-time experience, but it is not 1560 hours under the same title. There is no gap between his jobs. One ends today and the next one starts right the next day, and they are all under the same NOC and with the same supervisor. but they just changed his job title every year. Would that be considered a continuous job even though his title changed?

Also his title in HR system is Graduate research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant which are different from the list of the titles under that NOC. Can he write his actual titles? or should the titles be exactly similar to the ones on NOC website?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Hi everyone. I have a question and I read many pages in this thread, but it is still not clear.

If the job is part time continuous under the same NOC with the same employer, but the job title changes during that time frame in less than one year, would that count as continuous job experience?

He worked for 20 hrs per week. However, his job title has been changing from TA to RA every year. So he has equivalent of almost 2.5 years of full-time experience, but it is not 1560 hours under the same title. There is no gap between his jobs. One ends today and the next one starts right the next day, and they are all under the same NOC and with the same supervisor. but they just changed his job title every year. Would that be considered a continuous job even though his title changed?

Also his title in HR system is Graduate research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant which are different from the list of the titles under that NOC. Can he write his actual titles? or should the titles be exactly similar to the ones on NOC website?
Does someone know the answer to this question?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
I'm already living and working in Vancouver. I just want to save waiting time for the medical results and have all my papers ready to submit as soon as I receive my ITA. That's why I want to know if I can schedule a medical exam in the coming days before getting the ITA.
You need to wait till you get an invitation. otherwise how doctor send your documents to IRCC?
Medical is not a big deal. It is just one day. So don't bother.

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8

What matters is duties performed. I have no idea what TA &RA means.
If the duties match with NOC code, it shouldn't be a problem. You can explain in LOE about the change in title.
You can claim part time equivalent to full time

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
What matters is duties performed. I have no idea what TA &RA means.
If the duties match with NOC code, it shouldn't be a problem. You can explain in LOE about the change in title.
You can claim part time equivalent to full time
Thank you for your reply. Hi duties also changed. As a teaching assistant, he helped the prof with teaching. As a research assistant, he helped the prof with research. Would that be an issue?

maple06

Nov 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

While uploading the educational documents do we need to upload the mark sheet also? Also, will just the degree certificate,ECA hold good?

Some of my documents are not color copies. Can we use that or is it compulsory that CIC accepts only color scan copies.

Thanks.

Reactions: robin.philip21

Jsingh184

Jan 18, 2019
Hi, i tried to find the Job category in NOC LIST for night Audit Manager but i didnot find it. Can you please advice something.

sdjkd

Dec 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
At the last years of my university studies, I was working for a company and my job title was Mechanical engineer but my duties were similar to a technician because I was studying at that moment. I want to know that is it a good idea to ask my employee to put technician as my job title? is it considered as misrepresentation?
The reason I want to do this is that it might be confusing for the officer that how I was an engineer while studying in university!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi, i tried to find the Job category in NOC LIST for night Audit Manager but i didnot find it. Can you please advice something.
Hi,

If you can find a specific management NOC that matches your experience try "1111 Financial auditors and accountants"
This may work.

Reactions: sdjkd

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone,
At the last years of my university studies, I was working for a company and my job title was Mechanical engineer but my duties were similar to a technician because I was studying at that moment. I want to know that is it a good idea to ask my employee to put technician as my job title? is it considered as misrepresentation?
The reason I want to do this is that it might be confusing for the officer that how I was an engineer while studying in university!
Hi,

If you were studying outside Canada, it doesn't matter. Foreign work experience gained while studying is acceptable. So your job title does not matter.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Everyone,

While uploading the educational documents do we need to upload the mark sheet also? Also, will just the degree certificate,ECA hold good?

Some of my documents are not color copies. Can we use that or is it compulsory that CIC accepts only color scan copies.

Thanks.
Hi,

1. Degree certificates and the ECA are more than enough. No need for mark sheet.
2. All document should be in their original colour. So you need to scan all documents as they are. If the original is in black and white then its fine. If not, it may cause problems.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

Hi,

This is continuous work experience. As advised, just explain this in you LOE.
The job title does not matter as long as the duties and responsibilities match.

Kind regards