+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
I have 4-5 years, less than a year only working in canada.
Are you entering the number of hours per week correctly? I have same yrs of experience as yours. I too had the same issue and I observed that I was entering the number of hours as 8 hours per week (in actual it is 40 hours per week) which did not add up to a continuous 1 year.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Can anyone share templates for the following Affidavits,

1. Marriage Certificate translation
2. Same name confirmation
3. To use funds from Spouse (without restriction)

Thanks in advance.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

I will be getting my reference letters from HR, however the following information is not in the letter. They have sent me an official email stating that they cannot provide them as per their standard practice. I will attach this email in the LOE section with an explanation. What else should I do?

1.Hours of Work (they have mentioned as Permanent in the letter, but no hours)
2.Reporting Manager
3.No. of Leave
4.Other Benefits & Annual Salary (i will be attaching my bonus & increment letters)
5.Employee ID (my full name is there in the letter)
6.Previous Designations (promotion letters will be attached)

Will be attaching the following to support my employment in the employment section,

1. Service letter from HR
2. Email from HR confirming that they are unable to provide above details
3. Letter of appointment, promotion letter and bonus & increment letters
4. Salary Slips

Furthermore I will explain this in LOE and attach the HR email and letters in item 3 above in LOE section.

Would above be sufficient?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello guys need some help..
In education history post ITA..do we need to include high school and secondary education or just post secondary edu like graduation and post graduation history ??

kalerv

May 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please advise which option I need to select on CRS calculator option number 4, In case I have graduation from back home and did 2 years diploma in Canada.

What is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.

Would it be "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

willywonka

Jun 28, 2014
Hi Guys,

I will be getting my reference letters from HR, however the following information is not in the letter. They have sent me an official email stating that they cannot provide them as per their standard practice. I will attach this email in the LOE section with an explanation. What else should I do?

1.Hours of Work (they have mentioned as Permanent in the letter, but no hours)
2.Reporting Manager
3.No. of Leave
4.Other Benefits & Annual Salary (i will be attaching my bonus & increment letters)
5.Employee ID (my full name is there in the letter)
6.Previous Designations (promotion letters will be attached)

Will be attaching the following to support my employment in the employment section,

1. Service letter from HR
2. Email from HR confirming that they are unable to provide above details
3. Letter of appointment, promotion letter and bonus & increment letters
4. Salary Slips

Furthermore I will explain this in LOE and attach the HR email and letters in item 3 above in LOE section.

Would above be sufficient?
I found this link useful with regards to reference letter https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/#post-4985936

Reactions: akila868

Robz0102

Jun 30, 2018
Hi All! I have been trying to find the information reading through the forums but hoping someone can help me specifically please!

My husband and I are applying for Express Entry. We just got our IELTS results back and I thought they were great and would push us over the 440 CRS mark but on the calculator I am only getting 428. Is there possibly something I am missing to increase my points?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

IELTS scores:
Mine - L: 9, S: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7 = 8.5band
Husband - L: 8.5, S: 8, R: 7.5, W: 7 = 8band
How many points could we increase this by if score increased? (Calculator estimates only increase by 3 points if I max average them.)

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 90
  • Level of education = 112
  • Study in Canada = undefined
  • Official Languages = 125
    • First Official Language = 125
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 327
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 26
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75

Grand total = 428

The only additional points I see on the calculator aren't really feasible for us but would be interested to know if they are the only ways we can go forward?

Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 0
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 0

Thanks in advance!

harsat

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there,

I am bit confused between Letter of employment and Ref. Letter. I am working for same company on same position since 2014 but there was change in wages every few months and then in 2016 I got LMIA from same company same position. I received ITA in June, Now I am bit confused where to mention wages change? and also All the changes were done verbally. My employer gave me Letter of employment and ref. letter but it only state my current wages, hours and time since I started.
Also, In Offer letter - I am attaching my new contract which was given to me after LMIA approval and a letter from ESDC. Please guide me what should I upload in Offer Letter section and letter of employment (change in wages is not mentioned)

AARJUN

Jan 20, 2016
Hi,
I have a question. I am currently got the invitation in FSW EE profile. I have put my employer information address as the city ABC I am currently working in but the pay stub and reference letter mention the city XYZ the actual office of my employer. I am on the client site and have been there for more than 1 year. Confusion is in the personal history do I need to break down the cities I worked in even if the employer is the same? how will I justify the work history with one city information? If someone can please reply. Thank

Mhh40

Apr 25, 2018
Hey guys,

I got my ECA assessment. My degree is a Agricultural Engineer BS.

But the ECA says on the Report ( Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors and Master's degree ).

So according to my CIC profile my highest education is masters no?

Thanks,

Saialluru

Aug 1, 2014
HI Everyone ,

Can anyone share the link for tracker - My cousins AOR is 21 April 2018 , medicals passed 28 April 2018 and not heard anything back from CIC.

Thanks

Sai

TheLongRoad

Jul 11, 2018
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Quebec
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
Doc's Request.
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Med's Done....
30-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
I have a couple of questions regarding filling up the APR:

i) I currently reside outside of my home country for employment but I am visiting the home country soon. Can I obtain PCC while I am in home country or do I have to obtain PCC from the home country's consulate in the country of residence? Since I am traveling soon, I don't want to send the passport to the consulate. If it gets delayed for any reason, my travel plans would be affected.

ii) Permanent address in home country does not have a house number, only house name followed by the street name. House number field cannot be left blank or have alphabets. Is '0' acceptable?

iii) Does medical exam take place after submitting the APR application or before? I believe since I haven't completed / updated all forms in the APR application, I haven't reached the documents required section where requirements for PCC, medical etc are listed.

Thank you in advance.