+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

multani6767

Mar 23, 2018
These will be evaluated as "Two or more Degrees out of which one is for 3 years" by WES

But, if you have Masters in Law, then it can be equivalent to Masters.
Hi
Could you tell me when to get the gift deed money transferred to my account? Is it before the creation of express entry profile or after ITA?

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Dear People,

I have few questions relating to Express Entry in which i need your kind guidance. Apologies for long questions and thank you in advance.

1- I received the ITA (Invitation To Apply) for Express Entry. While filling out the ITA form, I was confused by one question, which states "Has (the person) applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"
My father applied for Immigration in 2001 including me and my mother, brothers and sister. I was 14 years old back then. We stayed in Toronto, Canada for about 2 months and my father decided to come back and leave Canadian immigration for personal family matters. My father applied for Immigration back then and not me, so should the above question be answered YES OR NO? I have a social security number.

2- If I have 2 jobs (with same NOC), first one with 1 year experience and second job with 2 years’ experience with 2 months of unemployment gap between two jobs, my question is should I choose work experience as 3 years or more?

3- If myself (main applicant) and my spouse have mentioned aunt’s who are Canadian citizens, then we will need to provide proof of relatives as per Canadian guidelines? E.g., wither their PR card both sides and utility bills? if yes, then on which official document me and my spouse have to provide evidence that we are related to our aunts?

4- I am a Pakistani and I have worked in Hong Kong. When I checked ‘Police certificate’ guidelines for myself, Express Entry requirements says “Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
Meaning after I submit my e-APR, then I should get the police certificates? Or should I try to get police certificates now, as I have received my ITA?

Please advise?

Thank you and Best Regards

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi
Could you tell me when to get the gift deed money transferred to my account? Is it before the creation of express entry profile or after ITA?
Anytime before ITA.
People resort to gift deed when their balance didn't match with minimum settlement funds.
They would transfer the gift amount, then make the gift deed while creating EE profile.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Answered in red. All the best :)
Dear People,

I have few questions relating to Express Entry in which i need your kind guidance. Apologies for long questions and thank you in advance.

1- I received the ITA (Invitation To Apply) for Express Entry. While filling out the ITA form, I was confused by one question, which states "Has (the person) applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"
My father applied for Immigration in 2001 including me and my mother, brothers and sister. I was 14 years old back then. We stayed in Toronto, Canada for about 2 months and my father decided to come back and leave Canadian immigration for personal family matters. My father applied for Immigration back then and not me, so should the above question be answered YES OR NO? I have a social security number.

answer YES, state the reason that you are minor then.

2- If I have 2 jobs (with same NOC), first one with 1 year experience and second job with 2 years’ experience with 2 months of unemployment gap between two jobs, my question is should I choose work experience as 3 years or more?

It should be 3 or more years

3- If myself (main applicant) and my spouse have mentioned aunt’s who are Canadian citizens, then we will need to provide proof of relatives as per Canadian guidelines? E.g., wither their PR card both sides and utility bills? if yes, then on which official document me and my spouse have to provide evidence that we are related to our aunts?

From my memory, i recollect that their PR cards and Insurance numbers were asked. Have it in handy.

4- I am a Pakistani and I have worked in Hong Kong. When I checked ‘Police certificate’ guidelines for myself, Express Entry requirements says “Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
Meaning after I submit my e-APR, then I should get the police certificates? Or should I try to get police certificates now, as I have received my ITA?

You can acquire PCC post ITA.

Thank you and Best Regards

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Answered in red. All the best :)
One last question Sundar,

On the immigration site, (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html)

they mentioned "
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)"

Is this purely for claiming CRS point for siblings or aunt's can be included?

Thanks in advance

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
One last question Sundar,

On the immigration site, (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html)

they mentioned "
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)"

Is this purely for claiming CRS point for siblings or aunt's can be included?

Thanks in advance
There are two parts. FSW and CRS.

You will get 5 points under adaptability but 0 points in CRS.

Relatives in Canada
You, or if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative:
  • living in Canada
  • 18 years or older and
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
This relative must be a:
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • child
  • grandchild
  • child of a parent (sibling)
  • child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle)
  • grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew)
You will get 15 points for siblings in CRS only. These siblings must be.
  1. Siblings are defined as your or your accompanying spouse/common’s law’s - 18 years old siblings or older and Canadian Citizens or Permanent Resident who currently reside in Canada.

a) blood sister/brother
    b) half brother or half sister,
    c) adopted brother or sister or
    d) step brother or step sister (via marriage of your parents)
Hope it helps.

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
There are two parts. FSW and CRS.

You will get 5 points under adaptability but 0 points in CRS.

Relatives in Canada
You, or if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative:
  • living in Canada
  • 18 years or older and
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
This relative must be a:
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • child
  • grandchild
  • child of a parent (sibling)
  • child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle)
  • grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew)
You will get 15 points for siblings in CRS only. These siblings must be.
  1. Siblings are defined as your or your accompanying spouse/common’s law’s - 18 years old siblings or older and Canadian Citizens or Permanent Resident who currently reside in Canada.

a) blood sister/brother
    b) half brother or half sister,
    c) adopted brother or sister or
    d) step brother or step sister (via marriage of your parents)
Hope it helps.
Dear Sundar,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. God bless!

Reactions: sundar17feb99

obadunni

Apr 4, 2018
Hello all, thanks for the good works here.

Please I need your help. I am a lawyer with masters in Law. Therefore I have three degrees, my bachelors degree (LL.B). Law School Degree (BL) and Masters Degree (LLM). However, for my express entry application, I did ECA only for my Masters degree (LLM) which is equivalent to Canadian masters degree.

My question is this, while filling the studies section in express entry profile, should i:

1. Fill my Masters degree only and say yes to ECA and don't fill my bachelors and law school degree OR

2. Fill all the three degrees but say Yes to ECA for my masters degree only and answer NO to my Bachelors and Law school degree.

Thanks for your kind response. I really appreciate you all.

drabi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi All,

I am the primary applicant

I need clarity on completing Work History and Study and languages Form for my spouse.

, i got my ETA last week ,Since i had enough points , though my wife is a graduate and has work experience , i did not claim points for the same.

Should i mention her Education details in Study and languages and work experience in Work history or is that enough to mention only in personal History section

kindly suggest.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am the primary applicant

I need clarity on completing Work History and Study and languages Form for my spouse.

, i got my ETA last week ,Since i had enough points , though my wife is a graduate and has work experience , i did not claim points for the same.

Should i mention her Education details in Study and languages and work experience in Work history or is that enough to mention only in personal History section

kindly suggest.
Personal history only.

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi. Please I need help with this: if ECA is due for completion by the 21st of April 2018, and the applicant uses this date to apply as of today; if he eventually lands ITA by the next draw which would certainly come up before the said ECA completion date, would it be termed misrepresentation by the time he finally submits?

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi. Please I need help with this: if ECA is due for completion by the 21st of April 2018, and the applicant uses this date to apply as of today; if he eventually lands ITA by the next draw which would certainly come up before the said ECA completion date, would it be termed misrepresentation by the time he finally submits?
Im not sure if I get your question correctly but my advise is not to claim anything ahead until it’s actually there.

Last edited:

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I will say you hold on till your ECA is completed before claiming points on it. You will eventually get ITA in the later one and just waiting till the 21st

Reactions: gio1