+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Mar 7, 2018
Hello guys

I recently took my 2nd Celpip and got a lower mark than the one that I took in last year (Jan 2017)

Is it okay to use the previous result for EE profile or there is a need to mention a newer result?
You can use either one, but must be valid. For the earlier one you have already lost 14 months and in another 8 months it will be expired

Mar 7, 2018
Need A help guys

I have completed my B Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from India. What should I select in Field of study in educational History ?
Is it Science,Applied or Computing/Information Technology ?

NOC2174

Thanks
Information Technology

Applied Science is for Electronics and Telecommunications branches

Mar 7, 2018
Hello All,

Hope you are doing good.
While create EE profile i have below question plz help.

1) I have eca from wes for my bachelors at tht time wes did not evaluate my master.

2) this year i went to IQAS and got my masters (part time ) evalauted bachelors details not present in this eca.

So in profile should i mention about both the education and eca details or only the masters recent 1.

Also my spouse had non canadian work exp so shld i mention work exp as NO in EE profile as I heard it creates placeholder after ITA and we dont get points for the same but wont it be misrepresentation saying spouse doesnot have work exp and then mentioning in personal history?

Thanks
Education assessment is valid for 5 years, so you can mention both the credentials and entities approved the education and respective equivalency

Spouse non Canadian work experience is not mandate, however if you can arrange the requisite the documents to support her work experience then you can go ahead and fill it.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello! Do you need to have the proof of funds letter since you submit your EE profile? I want to submit my profile in September-October and will have the money until December-January. Is this possible or I should wait until December to submit my profile? Also how long the work experience letters are valid and when do you have to submit them? Thank you so much for your time!
They don't ask for proof when you open your profile (you just have to state the amount you intend to bring to Canada) but you certainly should have the money already. When you are invited to apply you will have to submit the proof of funds and if you haven't had the money for at least six months you will have to explain to CIC where it came from.

There's not much sense in creating your profile 3-4 months before you will have the money, honestly, because if you get an ITA before that you would have to decline it since you wouldn't be meeting the requirements at that point.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Pearl92

Feb 16, 2018
Thanks alot Del.. I try that.
Hi Del, I updated my education/study section like you advised.. But saw no change in my CRS score.. Will this be effected later? Also on opening my cic account I noticed the study and languages status showed in progress(continue form) while others showed transmitted(update form) this remained same even after I separated the degrees as two or more certs..please assist.. My apologies for any inconvenience

Pearl92

Feb 16, 2018
While your in Express Entry application, you cannot find that options, however you can individually select the Canadian equivalency for each credential, eventually results will be the same.
Really? So you are saying no extra points will be awarded for having two or more certs? ?

akhila.kota1

Mar 7, 2018
Hello all, I have few doubts regarding the process after applying . My husband and me applying together we have recently got invite and we have gathered all
The required documents and about to apply in few days. My question now is can i travel to my home country after applying. I have my multiple entry visit visa and work permit valid through 2019 October. Can i come back to canada with that or my visa will no longer be valid after applying. Same question with my open work permit too. Will that get expired if i travel to India for 2 months.

newmember2017

Mar 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum to ask these questions.

I got my ECA today and will qualify if I update it in the profile. I may land at a score of 460 +

Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions here -
1. I had 3 employers and have the job description from the last two employers with an experience of 5 years , is it mandatory to upload job description/experience letter for my current employer ? If I remove it from my profile, will it cause any issues ?

2. We are not claiming any points for my wife's work experience, should we include this in the profile ? Or remove it and add it under work history ?

3 Ideally, when should we go for medical ? I have a 2 years old daughter, does she need medical as well ?

4 Does being a diabetic affect the application? Do they refuse it or ask you to go for additional tests ?

5 Do we need proof of funds from all the banks ? or is it sufficient to show a couple of banks that would help me achieve the minimum total in the application ?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum to ask these questions.

I got my ECA today and will qualify if I update it in the profile. I may land at a score of 460 +

Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions here -
1. I had 3 employers and have the job description from the last two employers with an experience of 5 years , is it mandatory to upload job description/experience letter for my current employer ? If I remove it from my profile, will it cause any issues ?

2. We are not claiming any points for my wife's work experience, should we include this in the profile ? Or remove it and add it under work history ?

3 Ideally, when should we go for medical ? I have a 2 years old daughter, does she need medical as well ?

4 Does being a diabetic affect the application? Do they refuse it or ask you to go for additional tests ?

5 Do we need proof of funds from all the banks ? or is it sufficient to show a couple of banks that would help me achieve the minimum total in the application ?

Thanks.
1 - As long as there is no effect in your eligibility you need not mention it. Once you receive an ITA you'll have to add it in the personal history section but no proof of employment will be required.

2 - No need to include it and same approach as #1 Post-ITA

3 - You all need medicals with that score you can expect an ITA soon. That being said, some clinic ask for your ITA letter in order to do the tests.

4 - No issue.

5 - The couple banks that meet the required funds are sufficient.

Reactions: newmember2017

newmember2017

Mar 7, 2018
1 - As long as there is no effect in your eligibility you need not mention it. Once you receive an ITA you'll have to add it in the personal history section but no proof of employment will be required.

2 - No need to include it and same approach as #1 Post-ITA

3 - You all need medicals with that score you can expect an ITA soon. That being said, some clinic ask for your ITA letter in order to do the tests.

4 - No issue.

5 - The couple banks that meet the required funds are sufficient.

Thank you so much !! You replied super fast :D

Can you also answer my 3rd question in full, do we need to have the physical done for my 2 years old daughter as well ?

Also, I dont see any option to add her into FSW profile yet, do we need to add her later, once ITA arrives ?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much !! You replied super fast :D

Can you also answer my 3rd question in full, do we need to have the physical done for my 2 years old daughter as well ?

Also, I dont see any option to add her into FSW profile yet, do we need to add her later, once ITA arrives ?

Thanks.
Correct, your daughter also needs a medical. I do not have a baby so I can't say how the medicals differ from the ones performed on adults.

Yes, you'll be able to add her information once you receive an ITA.

Reactions: newmember2017

akhila.kota1

Mar 7, 2018
Sorry for asking the same question again.. can someone gudie me on this one.. my husband got ITA recently and we both are planning to submit application in few days.. will it be a problem if i travel to my home country after we submit application? We are currently staying in canada i hav open work permit and multiple entry visit visa vaild till October 2019. Can i come back with that or my visa will be invalid after we submit application?

Please gudie me on this we are really confused about my travel.. but cant avoid it due to personal emergency and same time we have less time so we have to submit the application also..any information on this will be really helpful.. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for asking the same question again.. can someone gudie me on this one.. my husband got ITA recently and we both are planning to submit application in few days.. will it be a problem if i travel to my home country after we submit application? We are currently staying in canada i hav open work permit and multiple entry visit visa vaild till October 2019. Can i come back with that or my visa will be invalid after we submit application?

Please gudie me on this we are really confused about my travel.. but cant avoid it due to personal emergency and same time we have less time so we have to submit the application also..any information on this will be really helpful.. Thanks in advance
No issue with travelling Post-ITA. Also, the submission of the application has no relation whatsoever to your visa/work permit validity.