+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi All,

I received an ITA during the last draw and now I have a query. One of my Ex-employer is not willing to provide the reference letter (for 1 year experience). However, I have included this in my profile and now received the ITA.

Is it possible to remove this and move it to "Personal History" section and include an LOE. Removing this wont affect my CRS as I scan still claim for the 3 years work experience points from my older and current organization.

Someone suggested me to create another express entry profile without that 1 Year of work experience and then delete the existing profile for which I received the ITA. But when I was going through some forums, I read that it is against the Canadian law and might lead to dire consequences and I don't want to take this risk at all.

Or the other option he gave was to decline the current invitation and create a fresh profile and wait for the next draw. My current CRS is 448.

Please can someone guide me here?

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Milind

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hi may i know how many months it took for your submitted profile to process until you got the PR. I have just submitted my complete express entry profile . Curious to know how long will the entire process will take place?. Any idea.
Yeah. EE profile submit to ITA maybe 3/4 days. AOR to PPR 1 month. The details are in my signature.

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
We received PPR mail today and need to submit our passports within 30 days to visa office, but one issue is that we are expecting our baby around April end and would definitely like to add him/her to our application. So how should we go about it?
1. Should we raise a CSE now and request deadline extension for passport submission OR
2. Give our passports for stamping, wait for the baby's birth and then raise a CSE along with his/her documents?

Another query - How many days does it generally take to receive stamped passports back from the date of submission (in case of New delhi visa office)?

cnd_grl

Dec 6, 2014
Hi,

I have received an Invitation to Apply and I have the following doubts:
  1. Proof of Funds - I don't have the required funds in my account right now. Is it ok if my dad transfer money to my account as a bulk amount?
  2. Proof of sibling residency - My sister lives in Canada and she is on a month-month lease. Hence, her lease agreement cannot be used as proof. Neither does she have a mortgage or a bill for utilities. Do you know what else we can use for proof of residency in Canada?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hi All,

I received an ITA during the last draw and now I have a query. One of my Ex-employer is not willing to provide the reference letter (for 1 year experience). However, I have included this in my profile and now received the ITA.

Is it possible to remove this and move it to "Personal History" section and include an LOE. Removing this wont affect my CRS as I scan still claim for the 3 years work experience points from my older and current organization.

Someone suggested me to create another express entry profile without that 1 Year of work experience and then delete the existing profile for which I received the ITA. But when I was going through some forums, I read that it is against the Canadian law and might lead to dire consequences and I don't want to take this risk at all.

Or the other option he gave was to decline the current invitation and create a fresh profile and wait for the next draw. My current CRS is 448.

Please can someone guide me here?

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Milind
You can move your 1 year of experience from work experience to personal history. No problems (I had 2 entries of same job, but when the employer provided a combined letter, I deleted one experience).
Remember at EE level your credentials (including work history) are not validated. Just points are calculated against what you mention and on that basis ITA is issued.
Your profile is evaluated (- including points calculation for validity) once submit your PR.

Amriksingh

Feb 23, 2018
hello guys please help my friend.
her wife is studying in canada university
she has bds degree holder
she have five year work experience in india.
now she is studying in canada university
i asked her husband why she did not apply pr from india in express entry.
now please answer me.
can they apply in express entry
mean to say they can logde sperate file for express entry.
bcz they have exp, ielts, professional qualification.
please guys lead me that i can lead them.
thank you

longman

Jan 10, 2015
Once you are a PR - you are a PR for life. Entry permits however, are a different ball game. The option to renounce it is yours. It will be renounced by a court only if there was a criminal action taken against you.

I am an ex PR who [in my opinion] made the mistake of renouncing my PR. Thus I had to and could reapply under the EE profile. That took a long painful path and I'm still waiting for news on this. I had a period of 6 months in processing where my eligibility was checked if the PRD decision was clear. Not to dishearten you, but couple of options:

I would suggest that you look into the PRTD process along with a strong supporting letter of explanation as to why you were not able to make the eligibility and also what is your commit to stay, if allowed to renew:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html
And also consult with an immigration lawyer before taking a decision to renounce.

If the above is not an option, you can renounce the PR and then reapply with spouse and family. Try to improve the IELTS scores or get the ECA's done to help improve your scores. If the approval comes through it will be for PA + dependents so that you won't have to run through an additional sponsorship process as an individual applicant.

Else, it becomes a multi part journey where you have to settle in Canada, find a job and apply again for family sponsorship - that is entirely up to you.
Thanks a lot for your advice! I think I will need to talk to a lawyer.

longman

Jan 10, 2015
Once you are a PR - you are a PR for life. Entry permits however, are a different ball game. The option to renounce it is yours. It will be renounced by a court only if there was a criminal action taken against you.

I am an ex PR who [in my opinion] made the mistake of renouncing my PR. Thus I had to and could reapply under the EE profile. That took a long painful path and I'm still waiting for news on this. I had a period of 6 months in processing where my eligibility was checked if the PRD decision was clear. Not to dishearten you, but couple of options:

I would suggest that you look into the PRTD process along with a strong supporting letter of explanation as to why you were not able to make the eligibility and also what is your commit to stay, if allowed to renew:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html
And also consult with an immigration lawyer before taking a decision to renounce.

If the above is not an option, you can renounce the PR and then reapply with spouse and family. Try to improve the IELTS scores or get the ECA's done to help improve your scores. If the approval comes through it will be for PA + dependents so that you won't have to run through an additional sponsorship process as an individual applicant.

Else, it becomes a multi part journey where you have to settle in Canada, find a job and apply again for family sponsorship - that is entirely up to you.

Thanks a lot for your advice! I think I will need to talk to a lawyer.

longman

Jan 10, 2015

My major problem is that I am 39 now, and next year will be 40. So if I apply with family, my score is around 415, if single, then 427 which has slightly more chance of being selected. I have good IELTS score, Speaking is CLB 9, the rest are CLB 10 or above. I have also WES Canada assessment of my educational credentials. I also used to be Certified HR Professional in Ontario and Alberta for about 2 years all together, even though I have not lived too much in either of them. I also filed taxes for first two years, and then I claimed non-resident for tax purposes. So do you think this can help me either in restoring my PR or in re-applying? And if yes, how it helps? Thanks a lot in advance!

milindpm

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
You can move your 1 year of experience from work experience to personal history. No problems (I had 2 entries of same job, but when the employer provided a combined letter, I deleted one experience).
Remember at EE level your credentials (including work history) are not validated. Just points are calculated against what you mention and on that basis ITA is issued.
Your profile is evaluated (- including points calculation for validity) once submit your PR.
I can't move it now as all the fields are freezed.

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

That means my husband has been to indonesia from 2010 to 2016 for a period of 290 days in total but he has never stayed more than 2 months in one trip .

So are we spared from the Indonesian PCC?

"As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for six months or more in a row, since the age of 18."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
hanks

Amriksingh

Feb 23, 2018
hello guys please help my friend.
Her wife is studying in canada university
she has B.D.S (BACHLEOR OF DENTAL SURGERY) degree holder
She is dentist.
she have five year work experience in india.
Now she is studying in canada university and ger husband on spouse open work permit.
I asked her husband why They did not apply for permanent resident in express entry.
now please answer me.
can they apply in express entry
mean to say they can logde sperate file for express entry.
bcz they have exp, ielts, professional qualification.
please answer my query can they apply pr while study in express entry
please guys lead me that i can lead them.
thank you

MJacob

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Nomination.....
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
File Transfer...
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
My major problem is that I am 39 now, and next year will be 40. So if I apply with family, my score is around 415, if single, then 427 which has slightly more chance of being selected. I have good IELTS score, Speaking is CLB 9, the rest are CLB 10 or above. I have also WES Canada assessment of my educational credentials. I also used to be Certified HR Professional in Ontario and Alberta for about 2 years all together, even though I have not lived too much in either of them. I also filed taxes for first two years, and then I claimed non-resident for tax purposes. So do you think this can help me either in restoring my PR or in re-applying? And if yes, how it helps? Thanks a lot in advance!
If you are still going on the path of renouncing your PR and reapplying under the express entry program:

If your Canadian experience was within the past 3 years you can claim points under CEC.
Alternatively, you can also try for the PNP programs where you can get higher points if nominated by the province.
One more option on a long route is applying for a study permit as a post grad or PHD program and working on that to add to your points for Canadian education as well.

Tax filing doesn't quite help - but it keeps your previous resident profile legit.

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
I can't move it now as all the fields are freezed.
Did you get ITA? if I remember correctly, once you get your ITA and accept it to start your PR application your details are transferred from your EE profile to your PR profile - there you can make changes.

anishta

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah. EE profile submit to ITA maybe 3/4 days. AOR to PPR 1 month. The details are in my signature.

What do you mean by ITA. Is the invitation. I received the AOR few hours after submitting the complete profile.

PPR is the permanent residence state right? Please be kind enough to guide.

Your assistance is much appreciated