+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,
Please I need an expert advise on my situation. I want to apply for Express Entry. I am married with two kids I have a legal status to remain in the UK but my husband has overstayed his visa which makes him illegal in the UK and will not be able to get the police certificate. Will this affect my application process as we are coming as family if I apply for the Express Entry.
generally, PCC is required for everyone more than 18 years in your family who is accompanying you. Check following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to obtain a PCC from India for Nigeria ? The process ( how to go about it)I put up in Tamil Nadu India. Has anyone got it done?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
What we need to do if we want to take our parents while creating EE profile?
Hi,

That is not possible. Your dependents need to be below the age of 22. So you can only bring you spouse, children and in some cases grandchildren.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Yes, you will need a US PCC. PCC are required for all countries where you've cumulatively spent 180 or more days since turning 18 or in the last 10 years.
This is inaccurate. It's all places you have spent 6 months or more in cumulatively since turning 18. Not in the last 10 years.

"Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Regards

Reactions: Nobatia

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
This is inaccurate. It's all places you have spent 6 months or more in cumulatively since turning 18. Not in the last 10 years.

"Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Regards
I stand corrected. Thanks @TanakaM

Reactions: TanakaM

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I am from Pakistan. Using one PCC makes sense if it covers the entire duration since I turned 18. In my case, the PCC that I got from my current address mentions a duration of 4 years and the one from my permanent address have no dates on it. So not sure if the PCC from my permanent address serves the purpose, in case I am submitting only from Pakistan.
You might want to connect with other folks here who got a Pakistan PCC. They'll be able to give you better answers. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reactions: usmanali.mehar

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you. But could u pls tell the possibilities to take them along with us or after getting our
Once you are PR's you can apply for them under the parents and grand parent sponsorship scheme.

I don't have any detail but you can find info on the IRCC website.

regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. But could u pls tell the possibilities to take them along with us or after getting our
There's no option that allows your parents to move to Canada either with you or shortly after getting PR.

It will be a number of years before you can sponsor your parents for PR after you arrive in Canada - at least four years - maybe more. Your parents will only be able to move to Canada and permanently live here once the have PR.

Until then, they can apply for a TRV to come to Canada for a short visit. To be approved, they'll need to demonstrate strong ties to their home country and show they have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Once you have a job in Canada that meets the minimum requirements, you can apply to have them come for a longer visit on a super visa. However they will still only be visitors in Canada and won't be allowed to move her permanently. As visitors, they won't be able to work and also won't qualify for any health care coverage - meaning you will have to pay for any medical care they need yourself.

Reactions: TanakaM

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
There's no option that allows your parents to move to Canada either with you or shortly after getting PR.

It will be a number of years before you can sponsor your parents for PR after you arrive in Canada - at least four years - maybe more. Your parents will only be able to move to Canada and permanently live here once the have PR.

Until then, they can apply for a TRV to come to Canada for a short visit. To be approved, they'll need to demonstrate strong ties to their home country and show they have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Once you have a job in Canada that meets the minimum requirements, you can apply to have them come for a longer visit on a super visa. However they will still only be visitors in Canada and won't be allowed to move her permanently. As visitors, they won't be able to work and also won't qualify for any health care coverage - meaning you will have to pay for any medical care they need yourself.
Thanks for the info.

Nancy Prasaad

Jan 20, 2018

Thanks for the info.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017

Wrong- as long as you have spent 1 Taxable Assessment year, the applicant can sponsor his parents as long as he/she meets the Minimum eligibility from a financial standpoint, and other associated conditions (like health coverage for your parents). This is called the Super Visa and they can stay for 2 years at a stretch as opposed to the TRV visa.

Furthermore, a pilot programme is currently underway where PRs or citizens can sponsor their parents to become PRs- this has quite stirred a hornet's nest as the applicants are determined on a lottery. As a result, many find this proposition untenable.The last date is today, so apply sooner should you wish to try your luck ! :)

Lastly, as you rightly alluded to, the TRV stands a good chance of getting your parents sooner.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: lkaur765

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wrong- as long as you have spent 1 Taxable Assessment year, the applicant can sponsor his parents as long as he/she meets the Minimum eligibility from a financial standpoint, and other associated conditions (like health coverage for your parents). This is called the Super Visa and they can stay for 2 years at a stretch as opposed to the TRV visa.

Furthermore, a pilot programme is currently underway where PRs or citizens can sponsor their parents to become PRs- this has quite stirred a hornet's nest as the applicants are determined on a lottery. As a result, many find this proposition untenable.The last date is today, so apply sooner should you wish to try your luck ! :)

Lastly, as you rightly alluded to, the TRV stands a good chance of getting your parents sooner.

Hope this helps.
Seems like you have misread the post or don't fully understand the rules for sponsoring parents for PR. I mentioned the super visa at the end of my post as a means of bringing parents to Canada as temporarily visitors. As I mentioned, the super visa allows longer visits - but doesn't allow parents to move to Canada permanently (they can only do this once they are PRs). While on the super visa, parent has visitor status - meaning they cannot work and don't benefit from the health care system.

Sponsoring your parents for PR requires three (3) years of income earned in Canada and Canadian tax return statements must be provided to prove you have made enough income to qualify. Since three full years and tax returns are required, realistically it takes at least four years for someone to qualify to sponsor their parents after arriving in Canada. Yes - the system is a lottery and only 10K applications are accepted each year.