+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

zhane04

Nov 28, 2017
Hello and good day, I am expecting my ECA from IQAS, afterwards will set my profile up.
Please i would want to be guided regarding provinces, I've been looking at Prince Edward Island for no particular reason except that I hear they do not have strict regulations..does anyone think that's a good idea?
Would you all be so kind as to recommend provinces which will make for smoother processing? I hope I am not jumping the gun with these queries, I am just trying to prepare ahead. Thanks in advance.

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hi Everyone,
Can we create two profiles - one with my husband as primary applicant and other with myself as primary applicant? The scores are different for both of us and once any one of us receives an ITA, we could progress with that one. At the moment the ECA is pending for my profile which would have more points once ECA is completed. Currently, my husband's profile has more points and his ECA report + IELTS score is readily available. We do not want to miss on any chance of receiving an ITA. Hence, this approach. Please share your views. Thanks!

Satnamsingh

Mar 23, 2014
Hello friends,

I am creating the Express Entry profile and now have couple of questions (see below), please reply to the best your knowledge. Thanks in advance!

1. Express Entry details can be updated any times before and after submission of the form, including the personal details?

2. Work History

Primary applicant - I have a gap of about 1.5 years during the year of 2002-2003, do I need to add any thing in the EE form for this, I was helping my father in farming?

Spouse - What should be added in the free period for spouse (house wife).

3. Education

I have done my ECA for graduation and masters degrees, I have entered the details in the online EE form for the same, however, do I need to add details of other qualification i.e. for up to 12th class?

Reactions: zhane04

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi everyone. I need your help.

I'm creating EE profile but I can't proceed because of the town of study. The system doesnt accept "ñ". My town of study is Los Baños. Can I just make it Los Banos instead? (replace letter ñ with letter n) Will there be an issue?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone. I need your help.

I'm creating EE profile but I can't proceed because of the town of study. The system doesnt accept "ñ". My town of study is Los Baños. Can I just make it Los Banos instead? (replace letter ñ with letter n) Will there be an issue?

Thanks
Yes, this wont be an issue at all.

regards

Reactions: jenhru23

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello friends,

I am creating the Express Entry profile and now have couple of questions (see below), please reply to the best your knowledge. Thanks in advance!

1. Express Entry details can be updated any times before and after submission of the form, including the personal details?

2. Work History

Primary applicant - I have a gap of about 1.5 years during the year of 2002-2003, do I need to add any thing in the EE form for this, I was helping my father in farming?

Spouse - What should be added in the free period for spouse (house wife).

3. Education

I have done my ECA for graduation and masters degrees, I have entered the details in the online EE form for the same, however, do I need to add details of other qualification i.e. for up to 12th class?
Hi,

1- Yes, the EE profile can be updated at any time. It is only locked after you get an ITA.
2- No. Dont worry about this at all. Post-ITA, you will only need to give details of what you were doing in the past 10 years.
Spouse - Nothing. Say she has no work experience.
3- No, only post-secondary education is required.

All the best

Reactions: Satnamsingh

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I have a pcc but that is 3 months old.. Will that be fine or i need a fresh pcc..?
Hi,

"
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If it meets the above requirements you are good to go.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Everyone,
Can we create two profiles - one with my husband as primary applicant and other with myself as primary applicant? The scores are different for both of us and once any one of us receives an ITA, we could progress with that one. At the moment the ECA is pending for my profile which would have more points once ECA is completed. Currently, my husband's profile has more points and his ECA report + IELTS score is readily available. We do not want to miss on any chance of receiving an ITA. Hence, this approach. Please share your views. Thanks!
Hi,
Technically yes, but in most cases there is no point.

Create a profile with your husband as the primary applicant for now. The once your ECA is ready you can delete that profile and create a new one with you as the principle applicant.

Regards

Reactions: ABhola

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello and good day, I am expecting my ECA from IQAS, afterwards will set my profile up.
Please i would want to be guided regarding provinces, I've been looking at Prince Edward Island for no particular reason except that I hear they do not have strict regulations..does anyone think that's a good idea?
Would you all be so kind as to recommend provinces which will make for smoother processing? I hope I am not jumping the gun with these queries, I am just trying to prepare ahead. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

You would need to make an informed decision after thorough research. However, Ontario is the most popular destination for new immigrants followed by BC and Alberta.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
How do we get nominated? What factors play a role?
Hi,

This depends on the province as each of them have different criteria. Most look for particular skills that are in demand in the province and also consider the human capital skills you have (age, education, language and work experience). All you need to do is create an express entry profile and indicate the provinces that you are interested in. If you fit their criteria they will contact you through your profile.

Go through these threads for information on the particular provinces:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I won't be needing an LOE for this?

Thanks TanakaM!
Well if it will make you feel at ease you can indeed mention it in the LOE. There is no harm whatsoever, but it is minor.

regards