+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
1. There is no requirement that your Education and Work Experience should match.
2. If you are the secondary applicant and your work experience is from outside Canada, it will not give you any points and you should remove it from Work History section. Otherwise, you will be asked to submit reference letters without any benefits. You only list this work under Personal History section without the need to submit any proofs.
Good Luck!
Thanks a lot ..Noscaf2014 that's a big relief, so one last question, after I have recieved the ITA at this stage, can I remove it from Work history section and just maintain in personal history section?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Thanks a lot ..Noscaf2014 that's a big relief, so one last question, after I have recieved the ITA at this stage, can I remove it from Work history section and just maintain in personal history section?
Yes, you can do this, many applicants here have done it without any issues. You can also mention that in a letter of explanation that you are not claiming any points for this work experience, thus it was moved from the Work History section to the Personal History section. Good Luck!

Reactions: shettyd

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to know how long is police clearance of UK valid? I had traveled UK in the past October 2014, and returned in October 2015, and don't have any plans to travel as of now.
Currently my profile resides in the pool with a CRS score of 416, not sure when I would be receiving the ITA.
Please let me know if I am ok to apply for the police clearance certificate now itself, hoping I would receive ITA in the next few months.
Hi,

"There are two service options available for your Police Certificate:

• Standard service - £45.00 (10 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)
  • Premium service - £80.00 (2 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)"
https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

In general, PCC are valid for a year, unless they have an expiry date. The UK one does not have one. However, as shown above, it is very easy to get, so I would advise you wait until scores are closer to 416 or until you get an ITA. I got mine in less that a week on the standard service.

regards

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Th
Yes, you can do this, many applicants here have done it without any issues. You can also mention that in a letter of explanation that you are not claiming any points for this work experience, thus it was moved from the Work History section to the Personal History section. Good Luck!
Thanks a lot again Noscaf2014, you saved my day:)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
If the last day you were in UK is in 10/2015 and you will not go back before submitting your PR application, you can apply for the PCC right now and it will be valid until you travel back to UK. Good Luck!
I would wait for now. The fresher it is when you apply, the better.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Is this true? My account was updated this morning from NA to background check is in progress. See below.

My AOR is December 8th (FSW-Outland). They requested additional information on December 28th, which I uploaded on the same day. Now, my background check has been updated from NA to we are processing your background check.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does this mean I will get a PPR soon?
Hi, congrats on the progress. It means you are 1 step closer. If there are no security issues and you Local Visa office is efficient you will have PPR soon.

regards

Reactions: actionjack

jugh

Jan 2, 2018
Hello all,

I recently created express entry profile. I have been working in Canada since May 2011 as a physician. Scoring system in the profile gave a score of ZERO for my Canadian work experience, and did the same thing for my wife who has been working here since 2015. I am not sure why the system gave us a score of ZERO despite my 7 years of Canadian work experience and my wife 3 years Canadian work experience.

I very much appreciate your assistance.

jugh

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks! I just got my PPR email. Phew!
Hello all,

I recently created express entry profile. I have been working in Canada since May 2011 as a physician. Scoring system in the profile gave a score of ZERO for my Canadian work experience, and did the same thing for my wife who has been working here since 2015. I am not sure why the system gave us a score of ZERO despite my 7 years of Canadian work experience and my wife 3 years Canadian work experience.

I very much appreciate your assistance.

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

"There are two service options available for your Police Certificate:

• Standard service - £45.00 (10 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)
  • Premium service - £80.00 (2 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)"
https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

In general, PCC are valid for a year, unless they have an expiry date. The UK one does not have one. However, as shown above, it is very easy to get, so I would advise you wait until scores are closer to 416 or until you get an ITA. I got mine in less that a week on the standard service.

regards
Thanks a lot!!!, that helps

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi,

The destination on your COPR is irrelevant. You are free to land anywhere in Canada except Quebec.

regards
Dear TanakaM,

Thank you for your clarification. One more question: I plan to go to Ottawa as my relatives are there. They suggested to land in Montreal from where they can pick me as it is two hour drive from Ottawa. What should I do in this case as there are not direct flights to Ottawa?

Thanks in advance

RockyRCT

Jan 3, 2018
Hello,

I applied under FSW category in 2010 from USA. I had just 1 email which was saying to submit documents in 120 days for complete application. They have mentioned below as well in that email :
Note: Once the 120 days has elapsed, a final eligibility of determination will be made based on the information on file. A negative determination of eligibility for processing is final and will result in the closure of your file. Documents must be submitted in a SINGLE package.

I did not submitted those documents as i came back to India from USA due to some family issues. Now i am applying under Express Entry and i am confuse about the previous application status.

Should it be considered as previously applied? and if yes, then what would be the status ? I guess that file was closed as mentioned in above note. My current consultant said that i do not need to mention about that attempt as it would be considered as not applied and if i mention then CIC will ask for details which i do not have anything except 1 email and this will result in delay process for current application. But i am afraid that it may count as Misrepresentation if it should be declared and i don't.

I have not received any email from CIC after that 120 days submission deadline and do not have any letter as i moved from that address.

Please suggest.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hello,

I applied under FSW category in 2010 from USA. I had just 1 email which was saying to submit documents in 120 days for complete application. They have mentioned below as well in that email :
Note: Once the 120 days has elapsed, a final eligibility of determination will be made based on the information on file. A negative determination of eligibility for processing is final and will result in the closure of your file. Documents must be submitted in a SINGLE package.

I did not submitted those documents as i came back to India from USA due to some family issues. Now i am applying under Express Entry and i am confuse about the previous application status.

Should it be considered as previously applied? and if yes, then what would be the status ? I guess that file was closed as mentioned in above note. My current consultant said that i do not need to mention about that attempt as it would be considered as not applied and if i mention then CIC will ask for details which i do not have anything except 1 email and this will result in delay process for current application. But i am afraid that it may count as Misrepresentation if it should be declared and i don't.

I have not received any email from CIC after that 120 days submission deadline and do not have any letter as i moved from that address.

Please suggest.
Process has changed under Express Entry system. If you haven't submitted the documents then your file was closed and you will have to apply again as a new applicant. Nowhere in the application process do they ask whether you have applied before as they close previous applications.

So you are good to go and apply again!

re_ionut

Apr 22, 2016
Hello all,
Please tell me if I completed correctly my Express Entry profile, regarding family members. I found only the question 'How many mambers your family has?', but nothing else. I have a dependent child and his name doesn't appear anywere. Is it correct or I should look more on my profile?

Happy new year to all!