+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Should employment proofs that are to be uploaded be latest... Or old one can work.. I got my documents(experience letter, salary certificate) 3 months back.. Are they still valid..?
Hi,

For old work experience, the letter must be dated after the day you left. For current experience, I would say the fresher the better. However, if you cant get new ones, 3 months is ok IMO.

regards

gaurav minhas

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
can any one pls tell me that if I am btech ece student and I have 4 years experience of system analyst , can I apply under noc 2171 , or not ?
or only btech CSE background can apply?

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys,
I'm having a question regarding to the name order displaying in my WES report as I'm not sure if this causes any inquiry from CIC, and whether I need an affidavit.

My name on passport: Tran Van Anh following the order: <Family name> <Middle Name> <Given name>

My name on IELTS test result: Tran Van Anh

My name on WES report: Tran, Anh Van --> So in WES report, it seems my name is arranged as <Family name>, <Given name> <Middle Name>

Is it the way WES display the name? Although during creating WES account, I did declare my name in exact order as shown in my passport.

Thanks all.
Hi,

I do not think you necessarily need an affidavit for this. A letter of explanation will be sufficient.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
can any one pls tell me that if I am btech ece student and I have 4 years experience of system analyst , can I apply under noc 2071 , or not ?
or only btech CSE background can apply?
Hi,

There is no requirement for education and work experience to match. So I can even have a history degree and experience is software development.

"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

So, yes, you can.

regards

Reactions: gaurav minhas

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Guys,

I have gotten Federal Express Entry visa and planning to fly in in Feb 2018. In my COPR my destination city is mentioned as Toronto. But now I plan to land in Montreal. Is it ok if my port of entry is Montreal instead of Toronto and if I plan to stay in Montreal?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

The destination on your COPR is irrelevant. You are free to land anywhere in Canada except Quebec.

regards

Reactions: rajafaran

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone, can anyone help me to find the NOC code for Fund Administrator job title, I couldn't find one anywhere.
Hi,

I cant give specific help, however, finding an NOC has very little to do with your job title. It is all about the duties you performed and the responsibilities held. So look for finance or management related NOCs.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hi thanks for reply , but I consulted one agent he said that it is required , I am totally confused
Your agent is drunk. lol

I have provided you with a link to information that answers your question. It is now up to you to believe the agent or the information provided by CIC.

All the best

Last edited:

gaurav minhas

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
thanks for the update , I know I sound crazy , but just 1 question. the link you provided , the heading says : "Federal skilled workers: Assessing applications against minimum requirements"

I am applying in Express entry , any difference ?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
thanks for the update , I know I sound crazy , but just 1 question. the link you provided , the heading says : "Federal skilled workers: Assessing applications against minimum requirements"

I am applying in Express entry , any difference ?
Not crazy at all.

The Express entry has 3 programs under it, Federal skilled work, Federal skills trade and Canadian experience class.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility.html

You must meet the requirements of one of these three to apply via the Express entry system.

I hope that makes it clear.

regards

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi All,
I am currently a secondary applicant with my spouse being a primary applicant, I have one doubt regarding NOC and the related qualification, I have done my bachelor of engineering in mechanical and with the work experience as a software engineer from past 6.5 years (NOC 2173).. will this create any problem further..we recieved ITA under Express entry in the last draw and now we have to upload all the docs.

actionjack

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
That's IP2 if you are FSW-O then expect your PPR within 48 hours.
Is this true? My account was updated this morning from NA to background check is in progress. See below.

My AOR is December 8th (FSW-Outland). They requested additional information on December 28th, which I uploaded on the same day. Now, my background check has been updated from NA to we are processing your background check.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does this mean I will get a PPR soon?

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to know how long is police clearance of UK valid? I had traveled UK in the past October 2014, and returned in October 2015, and don't have any plans to travel as of now.
Currently my profile resides in the pool with a CRS score of 416, not sure when I would be receiving the ITA.
Please let me know if I am ok to apply for the police clearance certificate now itself, hoping I would receive ITA in the next few months.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to know how long is police clearance of UK valid? I had traveled UK in the past October 2014, and returned in October 2015, and don't have any plans to travel as of now.
Currently my profile resides in the pool with a CRS score of 416, not sure when I would be receiving the ITA.
Please let me know if I am ok to apply for the police clearance certificate now itself, hoping I would receive ITA in the next few months.
If the last day you were in UK is in 10/2015 and you will not go back before submitting your PR application, you can apply for the PCC right now and it will be valid until you travel back to UK. Good Luck!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi All,
I am currently a secondary applicant with my spouse being a primary applicant, I have one doubt regarding NOC and the related qualification, I have done my bachelor of engineering in mechanical and with the work experience as a software engineer from past 6.5 years (NOC 2173).. will this create any problem further..we recieved ITA under Express entry in the last draw and now we have to upload all the docs.
1. There is no requirement that your Education and Work Experience should match.
2. If you are the secondary applicant and your work experience is from outside Canada, it will not give you any points and you should remove it from Work History section. Otherwise, you will be asked to submit reference letters without any benefits. You only list this work under Personal History section without the need to submit any proofs.
Good Luck!

Reactions: TanakaM