+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Experts,

I am new to this forum, yesterday I had created the EE profile and registered to job bank. My spouse is primary applicant. We have got an CRS of 375 points with 7(L) 8(R) 7(W) 7(S), even though if she gets 8(L) 7(R) 7(W) 7(S) CRS score will be 413 as both of us are having Bachelor degree.

I do have few basic questions, please do clarify:
1) How to know whether we are in the pool or not? Application status is not exists, however I had received a mail saying that "Congratulations! You have been accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates".

It takes up to 24hrs to update so just give it time.

2) How to check what is our rank in the pool?

There is no way of checking, but score distribution charts can give you an idea: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

3) Is there any chance to get ITA with 375 score?

To be honest, No, but at 413 you have a chance.

4) Kindly suggest few ideas to get ITA

Easiest and quickest way is to retake the IELTS test and get L8 R7 S7 W7 or better. Other options are to get more educational qualifications, spouses ECA and IELTS, and maybe increase work experience.

Thanks in advance.
Hi and welcome.

See answers in red.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Guys we received our copr today. Thanks for all the support. I have a few questions though,
1. Under application details in copr prov of dest is shown as ON and city of dest is shown as Toronto. I applied under express entry. Am I not free to go anywhere?
2. They affixed my wife's photo on my copr and my photo on my wife's copr. It's at the bottom though and I don't know if it's important. Is that a problem?
Hi and congrats,

1) You are free to land at any port in Canada and to settle in any province except Quebec. This is regardless of what your COPR says.
2) I'm not sure about this and would recommend you email them.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
In order to provide proof for job experience, is it enough to submit a copy of paychecks? Or do I need official letter from employer? I'm asking if someone needs it from previous employers.
The instructions are very clear:
"
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Reactions: moonlight86

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks!

I mean, once it is passed to the local visa office, what checks are done there...or do they just go over the comments from the cio?

@TanakaM I just got a reply from cic saying that my file is now at the local visa office. From the forum I'm not really able to ascertain how long it would take for the status to move to in progress from the na2 status. Please do let me know.

Thanks!
Oh ok, they do your security check and complete your eligibility, taking into account all the recommendations given to them.
There is no standard time. For some its a week or two and for some it takes months. This all depends on the visa office, the officers and the individual application.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Reactions: Lauraray

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you @TanakaM for your quick reply.
After including spouse ECA, IELTS score CRS is 375, and no Canada experience. I shall retake the IELTS to get 8777(LWRS).

Any idea how to proceed on PNP?
Ok, that is your best option.
For PNP you just create an EE profile and select the provinces you are interested in. Once then open their programs they select qualifying candidates from the pool.

Also read through this:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

Regards

Ven_001

Nov 17, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
I
Hi,

There is no need to explain anything as they don't use those stamps to verify travel history. They have access to databases with all your travel history. So mentioning it in the travel history section is all you need to do.

All the best

1. In case of a region wherein we cross border on same day. Can we mark the days in both countries on safer side as it will be overlapping. As half day i was one country and the other half of the day in another country. What is the best option to give in travel history in those cases?

2. Also do we need LoE if we can upload gift deed and reference letter from office supervisor as its not available in letter head but designation is available in letter head.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
How important it is to have LoE if i have attached gift deed and also reference letter from colleague.
Extremely important. A LOE is your opportunity to give detailed reasons for why you have taken certain actions. So you need to take full advantage of it.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I

1. In case of a region wherein we cross border on same day. Can we mark the days in both countries on safer side as it will be overlapping. As half day i was one country and the other half of the day in another country. What is the best option to give in travel history in those cases?

Overlapping does not matter, so go ahead.

2. Also do we need LoE if we can upload gift deed and reference letter from office supervisor as its not available in letter head but designation is available in letter head.

As I have advised in the post above, a LOE is your opportunity to give detailed reasons for why you have taken certain actions. So you need to take full advantage of it. Don't waste it.
See answers in red.

regards

Narahu

Jun 9, 2017
Ok, that is your best option.
For PNP you just create an EE profile and select the provinces you are interested in. Once then open their programs they select qualifying candidates from the pool.

Also read through this:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

Regards
Thank again.
I have created an EE profile and selected preferred provinces, so I no need to apply for any PNP?
Provinces will be nominating me during the draw?
Sorry for the silly questions, I am entirely new to this.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank again.
I have created an EE profile and selected preferred provinces, so I no need to apply for any PNP?
Provinces will be nominating me during the draw?
Sorry for the silly questions, I am entirely new to this.
No need, they go through the pool and find you.
There may however be some provinces that work differently, hence I have shared that link.

All the best

sumanserah

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Oh ok, they do your security check and complete your eligibility, taking into account all the recommendations given to them.
There is no standard time. For some its a week or two and for some it takes months. This all depends on the visa office, the officers and the individual application.

All the best
Thank you so much for your prompt response!

So would you suggest I apply for the gcms notes right now? Or is there any stipulated time that I have to wait for before applying for them?

Since I already know that it just moved to NDVO, should I just wait for a month and then apply?

Please do let me know.

Thanks again!