+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
The expected cut-off for the next few draws is 480+. You should think about improving your CRS score.
Huh? 480+? Oh dear...Where did those predictions come from? The CRS cut-off for the last draw was 438, and the CRS cut-offs for draws have been hovering between 413 and 449 for the last few months...

Last edited:

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi guys,
I am in a fix and would like views on my dilemma.
My wife has been nominated from her company for an ICT to Canada. Now, I wish to join her there if not immediately then at least within a year. So would like to apply for a PR.
Now, my dilemma is who to make the first applicant. We both are equal in terms of education (Masters), work-ex (3 years or more), canada work-ex 0, would probably score similar in IELTS as well. She works in IT-application developer though and I am in finance (MF product manager).

2nd thought I have is if she travels before I get the ITA. How will I manage the submission with she being in Canada and I here. Also, will I be able to use the WES evaluation, medicals, police verifications docs that she gets for ICT during the PR process for her?
reposting for reply:
Hi guys,
My wife has been nominated from her company for an ICT to Canada. Now, I wish to join her there if not immediately then at least within a year. So would like to apply for a PR.
Now, my dilemma is who to make the first applicant. We both are equal in terms of education (Masters), work-ex (3 years or more), canada work-ex 0, would probably score similar in IELTS as well. She works in IT-application developer though and I am in finance (MF product manager).

2nd thought I have is if she travels before I get the ITA. How will I manage the submission with she being in Canada and I here. Also, will I be able to use the WES evaluation, medicals, police verifications docs that she gets for ICT during the PR process for her?

Binu27

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi bro, I don't know if I made a mistake. My wife is the principal applicant n myself accompanying dependent. She is in Canada and m here in India. We got an email from CIC asking for passports either to Ottawa if we both are in Canada or to Newdelhi. We sent an email asking for a better explanation.no response after a week. Then we called cic , they spoke like it's already understood that,she can submit passport in Ottawa and dependent in New Delhi,, we did that yesterday.i sent my passport via vfs with a letter attached in which, I expressed our situation , she also did the same. Now I am worried what will happen next,
Pls help if you know something on this

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hello seniors,
My ECA has done
My IELTS scores are 7.5 overall
8 R
8 L
7 S
7 W
I have 4 years of experience as a collage lecturer
My NOC code is 4021
My CRS score is 463
Kindly guide me what i should have to do next.
Which documents i required.
What are my chances of getting an ITA while last draw was round about 440.

Regards.
Read the 1st page of this thread. It has all the information.
1) Create EE profile. Since you are done with ECA and IELTS, you can go ahead and create your EE and start filling it out
2) Trigger Work Experience. Ask your previous employers for work experience mentioning date of joining, leaving, titles held, hours worked in a week, salary, and job duties.
3) Move funds: If you are short of funds, then I suggest moving/asking for funds from your family member now, since as POF (proof of funds) CIC require 3-6 months of average balance.
4) Trigger PCC: Depending on where you lived for over 6 months, you'll need PCC from such countries.

Step 2 & 4 usually takes time. it took me over 2 months to gather all my experience letters, and if you are in US, FBI is taking in excess of 12 weeks.

5) Check your documents such as Passport expiring etc. if it's expiring soon or has spelling issues. Get a new one now!
6) Time your application. A lot of the process is based on timing. If you believe you can get POF (have sufficient balance), Experience letter, PCC in less than 90 days I would suggest you submit your EE application (profile) and wait for ITA. If you think you need more time to arrange those documents, then perhaps time the submission of your EE profile so that you can get everything in a span of 90 days.

Hope this information was helpful.

Reactions: sabharishj

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi bro, I don't know if I made a mistake. My wife is the principal applicant n myself accompanying dependent. She is in Canada and m here in India. We got an email from CIC asking for passports either to Ottawa if we both are in Canada or to Newdelhi. We sent an email asking for a better explanation.no response after a week. Then we called cic , they spoke like it's already understood that,she can submit passport in Ottawa and dependent in New Delhi,, we did that yesterday.i sent my passport via vfs with a letter attached in which, I expressed our situation , she also did the same. Now I am worried what will happen next,
Pls help if you know something on this
Hi, there is no need to worry as you have already sent the passports and can recall them. Just sit back and wait for CIC.

This is fine, in my opinion.

Reactions: Binu27

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
reposting for reply:
Hi guys,

Hi,

-Whoever has the highest IELTS score and can get all the documents with the least trouble should be the PA.
-As you don't need hard copies he physical location is irrelevant.
-you can use all documents that are still valid.

Regards

alina1990

Dec 14, 2016
Faisalabad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Read the 1st page of this thread. It has all the information.
1) Create EE profile. Since you are done with ECA and IELTS, you can go ahead and create your EE and start filling it out
2) Trigger Work Experience. Ask your previous employers for work experience mentioning date of joining, leaving, titles held, hours worked in a week, salary, and job duties.
3) Move funds: If you are short of funds, then I suggest moving/asking for funds from your family member now, since as POF (proof of funds) CIC require 3-6 months of average balance.
4) Trigger PCC: Depending on where you lived for over 6 months, you'll need PCC from such countries.

Step 2 & 4 usually takes time. it took me over 2 months to gather all my experience letters, and if you are in US, FBI is taking in excess of 12 weeks.

5) Check your documents such as Passport expiring etc. if it's expiring soon or has spelling issues. Get a new one now!
6) Time your application. A lot of the process is based on timing. If you believe you can get POF (have sufficient balance), Experience letter, PCC in less than 90 days I would suggest you submit your EE application (profile) and wait for ITA. If you think you need more time to arrange those documents, then perhaps time the submission of your EE profile so that you can get everything in a span of 90 days.

Hope this information was helpful.
Thanx a lot dear your guidence is really appreciatable and helpfull.
I have one more issue to ask i am a college lecture since 2012 and my college (named heritage international college) is affiliated with university of South Asia which is a private university and HEC have any rule according to which any private university can't grant affiliations before completing its 10 years. Due to this HEC include all colleges affiliated with university of South Asia in list of unrecognised institutions while the college is providing its services from 6 to 7 years whitout any obstacle and also get an recent affiliation from Government university.
I have arranged offer letter, appointment letter, experience certificate and salary slips from my employer and all are verifiable from my employer and college but i m a bit confused about my work experience that does it acceptable or it creates any problems.
Kindly guide me accordingly
Regards

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

-Whoever has the highest IELTS score and can get all the documents with the least trouble should be the PA.
-As you don't need hard copies he physical location is irrelevant.
-you can use all documents that are still valid.

Regards
Thanks a lot buddy

Waterlili

Oct 27, 2015
Hi, I'm looking for ways to increase my CRS point. I have a bachelors degree and now I'm going to achieve a 6 month diploma in my country. I want to know if I can get the point for below Item:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years

Pleeeease somebody answer me.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi, I'm looking for ways to increase my CRS point. I have a bachelors degree and now I'm going to achieve a 6 month diploma in my country. I want to know if I can get the point for below Item:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years

Pleeeease somebody answer me.
Hi,
You can increase your CRS by gaining more work experience in the skilled jobs. As far as your 6 month diploma is considered, it must be validated by WES or any other Canadian organization that performs the Educational Credential Assessment and is approved by CIC. If both your diplomas are validated and the same is reflected in your ECA report, you can claim points for two diplomas.
You can also improve your IELTS GT scores. Aim for CLB 9 at least, which is equivalent to 8 7 7 7, in L R W S respectively, in IELTS.

Reactions: Waterlili

Binu27

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi, there is no need to worry as you have already sent the passports and can recall them. Just sit back and wait for CIC.

This is fine, in my opinion.
Thank you,, can I hope there won't be a rejection because of this?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanx a lot dear your guidence is really appreciatable and helpfull.
I have one more issue to ask i am a college lecture since 2012 and my college (named heritage international college) is affiliated with university of South Asia which is a private university and HEC have any rule according to which any private university can't grant affiliations before completing its 10 years. Due to this HEC include all colleges affiliated with university of South Asia in list of unrecognised institutions while the college is providing its services from 6 to 7 years whitout any obstacle and also get an recent affiliation from Government university.
I have arranged offer letter, appointment letter, experience certificate and salary slips from my employer and all are verifiable from my employer and college but i m a bit confused about my work experience that does it acceptable or it creates any problems.
Kindly guide me accordingly
Regards
The most important thing is to have a reference letter which shows the duties and responsibilities that you have held.
You must do everything in your power to get this as the other documents are just supporting documents.

Regards