+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

giants

Sep 20, 2017
Hi - We have received the ITA on Oct 4 and now working on the documentation as the clock has started ticking. I have couple of questions and maybe some of you have gone through this and would appreciate if you can pitch in your recommendations. We are expecting a baby around Thanksgiving and haven't mentioned anywhere in the application about the baby. My question is dependent on various scenarios:
1. What if I am able to secure all the documentation before the baby due date and submit it to CIC. What all documentation do I need to provide at a later date?
2. What if we hold on to our horses and submit the documentation after the baby is delivered?
3. Medical for my wife will be imperative and there might be certain procedures where she cannot undergo exam due to her last trimester (my guess, I might be wrong)? Did anyone encounter such a situation and how to deal with it?
4. Anyone else who would like to give their two cents on it would be highly appreciated.

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi guys,
I am in a fix and would like views on my dilemma.
My wife has been nominated from her company for an ICT to Canada. Now, I wish to join her there if not immediately then at least within a year. So would like to apply for a PR.
Now, my dilemma is who to make the first applicant. We both are equal in terms of education (Masters), work-ex (3 years or more), canada work-ex 0, would probably score similar in IELTS as well. She works in IT-application developer though and I am in finance (MF product manager).

2nd thought I have is if she travels before I get the ITA. How will I manage the submission with she being in Canada and I here. Also, will I be able to use the WES evaluation, medicals, police verifications docs that she gets for ICT during the PR process for her?

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Hi, I need your opinion on something. I made a mess with my application as by mistake I typed the wrong amount in proof of funds and as a result I was found ineligible. And this happened twice. :( I want to know what happens to these profiles and if it will affect my application? Thank you

Mahmoud_1

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hello
I want to apply express entry for my cousin he lives in Africa and I live in Canada is that possible..kindly guide me thank u

Mahmoud_1

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hello
I want to apply express entry for my cousin he lives in Africa and I live in Canada is that possible..kindly guide me thank u

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi, I need your opinion on something. I made a mess with my application as by mistake I typed the wrong amount in proof of funds and as a result I was found ineligible. And this happened twice. :( I want to know what happens to these profiles and if it will affect my application? Thank you
No this won't matter. First, your Express Entry profile isn't an APPLICATION; it's simply an Expression of Interest :) So no, it won't matter. Just create another profile and move on...

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello
You can't 'apply for express entry for your cousin'. Your cousin, however, can try to apply for permanent residency, through the Express Entry programme, on his/her own, if he/she is eligible. Please see below for more information:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)'s website and start reading up about obtaining Canadian Permanent Residency (PR): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Express Entry Programme (and Eligibility)

Express Entry is an umbrella programme under which three of Canada's PR programmes fall - the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades (FST) programmes. EE allows eligible applicants to apply for consideration of PR, through an entirely electronic process.
To start, however, the first thing you shoul do regarding pursuing permanent residency through the Express Entry programme is check your eligibility for Express Entry (EE).

Unless you have Canadian work experience, you would most likely be trying to apply under the FSW programme.
If you're eligible, you need to calculate your projected Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score. The CRS Score is what IRCC uses to determine which applicants will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. The general consensus is that, at least right now, you need a CRS score of at least 435 to have a chance at getting an ITA; but please note that this could change in the future as the 'cut-off' CRS Score in Draws fluctuates.
If you are eligible under FSW or CEC, AND if your projected CRS Score is high enough to give you a strong likelihood of receiving an ITA, you will need to submit an EE profile to be considered for an Invitation.

Please note that submitting an EE profile is not the same as submitting an application to IRCC for PR. It's just an 'expression of interest'.

Once you submit your EE profile, the wait is on for the next 'Draw', to see if your CRS Score is above the 'cut-off' which would mean you would get an ITA. 'Draws' occur roughly every 2 or 3 weeks, usually on Wednesdays, and the results of the draw are posted to IRCC's website, but you'll also get a notification in your myCIC account (more on this later), and an email, if you receive an ITA.

If you get an ITA, choose to accept it, and subsequently submit an electronic application for permanent residency (eAPR), THIS is when you have applied to IRCC for PR.

Reactions: yamaha.rx135

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
No this won't matter. First, your Express Entry profile isn't an APPLICATION; it's simply an Expression of Interest :) So no, it won't matter. Just create another profile and move on...
Thank you

Mahmoud_1

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
You can't 'apply for express entry for your cousin'. Your cousin, however, can try to apply for permanent residency, through the Express Entry programme, on his/her own, if he/she is eligible. Please see below for more information:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)'s website and start reading up about obtaining Canadian Permanent Residency (PR): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Express Entry Programme (and Eligibility)

Express Entry is an umbrella programme under which three of Canada's PR programmes fall - the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades (FST) programmes. EE allows eligible applicants to apply for consideration of PR, through an entirely electronic process.
To start, however, the first thing you shoul do regarding pursuing permanent residency through the Express Entry programme is check your eligibility for Express Entry (EE).

Unless you have Canadian work experience, you would most likely be trying to apply under the FSW programme.
If you're eligible, you need to calculate your projected Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score. The CRS Score is what IRCC uses to determine which applicants will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. The general consensus is that, at least right now, you need a CRS score of at least 435 to have a chance at getting an ITA; but please note that this could change in the future as the 'cut-off' CRS Score in Draws fluctuates.
If you are eligible under FSW or CEC, AND if your projected CRS Score is high enough to give you a strong likelihood of receiving an ITA, you will need to submit an EE profile to be considered for an Invitation.

Please note that submitting an EE profile is not the same as submitting an application to IRCC for PR. It's just an 'expression of interest'.

Once you submit your EE profile, the wait is on for the next 'Draw', to see if your CRS Score is above the 'cut-off' which would mean you would get an ITA. 'Draws' occur roughly every 2 or 3 weeks, usually on Wednesdays, and the results of the draw are posted to IRCC's website, but you'll also get a notification in your myCIC account (more on this later), and an email, if you receive an ITA.

If you get an ITA, choose to accept it, and subsequently submit an electronic application for permanent residency (eAPR), THIS is when you have applied to IRCC for PR.

Do u think he has a chance he completed ACCA UK and BCOM that is Bachalor of Commence.that he have a chance.thank u

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Do u think he has a chance he completed ACCA UK and BCOM that is Bachalor of Commence.that he have a chance.thank u
It also depends on his work experience

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Mahmoud,
There are many more factors to consider other than one's educational qualifications. The only way to know if he has a chance is to calculate his FSW /CEC eligibility and his potential CRS Score, using the links I gave you.

alina1990

Dec 14, 2016
Faisalabad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Hello seniors,
My ECA has done
My IELTS scores are 7.5 overall
8 R
8 L
7 S
7 W
I have 4 years of experience as a collage lecturer
My NOC code is 4021
My CRS score is 463
Kindly guide me what i should have to do next.
Which documents i required.
What are my chances of getting an ITA while last draw was round about 440.

Regards.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have received the reference letter from my employer on the company's letterhead. The document clearly mentions all the details but Supervisor's name or details are not mentioned. Will this be a problem?

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hello seniors,
My ECA has done
My IELTS scores are 7.5 overall
8 R
8 L
7 S
7 W
I have 4 years of experience as a collage lecturer
My NOC code is 4021
My CRS score is 463
Kindly guide me what i should have to do next.
Which documents i required.
What are my chances of getting an ITA while last draw was round about 440.

Regards.
The expected cut-off for the next few draws is 480+. You should think about improving your CRS score.