+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello guys !

I got an update and I would like to share with you.

12 may : AOR
1 June : got married and add spouse name in file
28 June : requested to pay $550 to processing spouse documents
3 August: medical clears
23 August: 1st time call at cic and agent said medical clear and no update
18 sep : call them again and agent said everything looks good
20 sep : got mail to provide $490 spouse fee,marriage pic, honeymoon pic and joint account of bank statement (if applicable)
22 September: provide all necessary documents.

I hope I’ll get update in few weeks.

Thanks and best of luck
Looks like everything is on track. All the best

Reactions: Champ.90

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of submitting my ITA app. I will be doing it in a week or so after much I will get on with collecting the documents.

My questions is regarding the maintenance of funds. I have took some funds from a friend in July to meet the requirement and have maintained the balance well above the required since then. If I submit my ITA app next week, I will have the funds since 3 months.So my questions is:

Are balance for 3 months enough or should I wait two months more before submitting the app?
Do I need to prove the source of funds that were injected in July? If yes, then how can I do it?

Thanks in advance

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of submitting my ITA app. I will be doing it in a week or so after much I will get on with collecting the documents.

My questions is regarding the maintenance of funds. I have took some funds from a friend in July to meet the requirement and have maintained the balance well above the required since then. If I submit my ITA app next week, I will have the funds since 3 months.So my questions is:

Are balance for 3 months enough or should I wait two months more before submitting the app?
Do I need to prove the source of funds that were injected in July? If yes, then how can I do it?

Thanks in advance
You need to get a Gift Deed from your friend to show that the money he/she gave you belongs to you, free and clear, and he/she is not going to ask for it back...I don't know how IRCC regards gifts from non family-members though...do you have any other funds, apart from these, to put forward as settlement funds? Just in case?

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Can somebody please help.

I am filling PR application and in that it is asking for UCI number in immigration section for spouse. But we dont have any UCI. I am not able to leave this section blank as instructed in help section. It is also not accepting N/A.

Please tell me what to do in this situation?

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys need your help!
Was anyone ever asked to fill form IMM 5645 regarding additional family information?
And did not know one of the parents' birth date and present address due to seperation and no contact since then? In case of my spouse who is a dependent in the PR application, she was asked to submit IMM 5645 additional family information form. She is unaware of her mother's birth date and present address, as her parents seperated in 1994 and she had been living with her father since she was a year old. She didnt have any informatiom regarding her mother except her name and nationality.
So she has mentioned "unknown" in those fields along with a letter of explanation stating the above reason of separation.
Have we done the correct thing?
Thanks a lot.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
You need to get a Gift Deed from your friend to show that the money he/she gave you belongs to you, free and clear, and he/she is not going to ask for it back...I don't know how IRCC regards gifts from non family-members though...do you have any other funds, apart from these, to put forward as settlement funds? Just in case?
Thank you for the response. I can ask another friend to route some funds to my siblings or parents account and then they can transfer it to my account as gift.

But coming to the previous issue. Is it ok if I give a bank statement after the injection of funds? that was statement will be of last 3months but balance would start with the high balance

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

Can someone please answer my question about letters from employers: Do the letters have to be written by my manager/supervisor/coordinator or can Human Resources write them too?

Another question about work experience: I have a freelance job experience between 2014-2017 while having a full time job between 2014-2017. Does that mean I have 6 years of work experience?

Thanks a lot!
As long as it is on company letter head and duly stamped it doesn't matter it is approved by HR or your Manager as both are well equiped to pass an opinion on your Job Description.

Reactions: TanakaM

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I want to create my profile but I do not have my transcripts. I cleared IELTS yesterday and my CRS would be 470. I'll contact my colleges on Monday and will probably receive the transcripts in a month. Then, I'll send the transcripts to WES and the complete procedure will take approx. 2 months. Should I create my EE profile now or do I need to wait till the time I get my ECA from WES?

I hold an MBA degree from one of the most reputed institutes in India, so ECA will not be an issue. The WES website has the names of my engineering and MBA colleges/universities.

Thanks.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
Hi,

I want to create my profile but I do not have my transcripts. I cleared IELTS yesterday and my CRS would be 470. I'll contact my colleges on Monday and will probably receive the transcripts in a month. Then, I'll send the transcripts to WES and the complete procedure will take approx. 2 months. Should I create my EE profile now or do I need to wait till the time I get my ECA from WES?

I hold an MBA degree from one of the most reputed institutes in India, so ECA will not be an issue. The WES website has the names of my engineering and MBA colleges/universities.

Thanks.
You can create your app/profile anytime but you won't be able to submit it until you get IELTS score and ECA. So its basically your call

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you for the response. I can ask another friend to route some funds to my siblings or parents account and then they can transfer it to my account as gift.

But coming to the previous issue. Is it ok if I give a bank statement after the injection of funds? that was statement will be of last 3months but balance would start with the high balance
How old is the account? IRCC requests a 6 month history (not because you need to have held the funds for 6 months, but because they want to be able to look back into your history for at least 6 months to figure out if you have any suspicious deposits (for example this large deposit from your friend which could possibly be a loan - that's why you need the Gift Deed). If the account is at least 6 months old, you need to provide the 6 month history. If the account isn't 6 months old, this will raise red flags and you need to provide documentation and evidence to explain why it is only 3-months old and to clarify that you're not trying to hide anything or something sketchy is going on. In order to qualify for Express Entry, you need to have been working for at least 1 year which means you would have been earning a salary (and would need to have been putting that salary somewhere) for at least 1 year, so you're going to have a very good reason (and very good evidence of that reason) for why you only have a 3-month old account.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,

Thanks.
Technically, you can create a profile without the ECA report (by including 'dummy' information where you would need to enter the reference number and date of completion of the report) and then you can edit the profile once you get the real ECA report.

However, if you get an ITA during that time, you might have to decline it anyway and wait for a new one that comes after you get the ECA report, because you can't submit an eAPR (electronic application for permanent residence) with the dummy information - in fact, some people feel uncomfortable with just the fact that the ITA would have been received using the 'dummy' information. There's also always the risk that your ECA results could come back different than you expected (no one can be EXACTLY sure of how WES will assess their degree(s) until the report comes back, regardless of what the online predictive tool, or other people tell you).

It's a long and painful wait (I'm pretty sure the ECA report is what delays MOST people in submitting their EE profiles), but the best option might just be to wait to submit the profile until you have the official report in hand (this is one of the reason people like WES - they send you a soft copy of the report on the day that it's finished so that you don't necessarily have to wait on the mailed report - to be fair, I'm not sure if any of the other evaluation services does that though).

A score of 470 is nothing to sneeze at though. It's a fairly good chance that the CRS threshold for next few upcoming draws should (hopefully) stay low enough that you would get an ITA with a score of 470, even if you waited a month or two.

Reactions: tarun1110

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Technically, you can create a profile without the ECA report (by including 'dummy' information where you would need to enter the reference number and date of completion of the report) and then you can edit the profile once you get the real ECA report.

However, if you get an ITA during that time, you might have to decline it anyway and wait for a new one that comes after you get the ECA report, because you can't submit an eAPR (electronic application for permanent residence) with the dummy information - in fact, some people feel uncomfortable with just the fact that the ITA would have been received using the 'dummy' information. There's also always the risk that your ECA results could come back different than you expected (no one can be EXACTLY sure of how WES will assess their degree(s) until the report comes back, regardless of what the online predictive tool, or other people tell you).

It's a long and painful wait (I'm pretty sure the ECA report is what delays MOST people in submitting their EE profiles), but the best option might just be to wait to submit the profile until you have the official report in hand (this is one of the reason people like WES - they send you a soft copy of the report on the day that it's finished so that you don't necessarily have to wait on the mailed report - to be fair, I'm not sure if any of the other evaluation services does that though).

A score of 470 is nothing to sneeze at though. It's a fairly good chance that the CRS threshold for next few upcoming draws should (hopefully) stay low enough that you would get an ITA with a score of 470, even if you waited a month or two.
Thanks mate. I'll wait for a couple of months. No issues. I don't want to create any complications for myself by using dummy variables or rejecting an ITA.
By the way, a person from my MBA institute got his credentials verified from WES. The degree is equivalent to a Master's degree in US/Canada.

Last edited: