+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I have a situation here which states as:
I worked with a company for a year at NOC level B. As the company was closing down the office I was working in I decided to join a better opportunity and left the company. In that time period, I was looking for jobs and also applied for Permanent residency(Express Entry). I have changed my area of work so had to start with an entry-level position, my jobs fall under NOC C.
1) I don't know if I should let CIC know that I have joined another job or not
2) If so I tell them and the new job which does not fall under NOC A, O, and B. Will still be qualified for PR?

Thanks
Hi,

Firstly, your current employment does not matter at all. In fact one can even be unemployed at the time of application. All you need is to have at least a year of skilled work experience in the last 10 years.

If you have already submitted your eAPR then there is no need to inform CIC. If you are yet to submit, you only have to state your current employment in the personal history section not in employment history. This wont affect your application in any way.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Tanaka,

I have seen a trend and that is the CRS points have been consistently above 432 points since the mid of June, so do you think this high draw point, that is above 432, would sustain also in the November/December's draw session?

To illustrate this point, anyone who has entered into the pool on 17th of June with CRS 432 has still not been able to get the ITA. This is kind of scary for the people who even achieved a CLB 9 in their IELTS.

BR
Hi,

This is indeed a little bit scary, but I strongly believe this is temporary. According to reports from Canada, the immigration targets for 2018 will not drop therefore there will be another ITA rush soon. If it does not start in Nov-Dec it will be in Jan-Feb next year.

432 is a great score. Do not worry and start preparing for things like how you will show POF, letters from previous employers and which PCCs you will need.

Regards

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey Friends,

Apologies, If I am posting my question in the wrong thread.

I received my OINP nomination on 18th Sep 2017 and on 20th Sep qualified for ITA. I have the biggest concern now before proceeding with the application.

1) My IELTS is going to expire on 7th Nov 2017. If I submit my profile before 7th Nov. Do, I still need to appear for IELTS exam?

2) My marriage date has been fixed for the end of November. But, I want to include my wife in my application as well. What steps do I need to perform?
--- I am planning an earlier court marriage.
--- My wife doesn't have IELTS score and ECA done. Are they required?
--- Is adding spouse name on passport is compulsory?

Please provide your suggestions, How should I proceed my case?
Hi and congrats,

1) As long as you submit you application by the 7th of NOV you will not have to re-take the IELTS test.
2) Since you have 600 points from PNP you can do an early court marriage and add your spouse now. The alternative is to submit as a single person and then add your spouse after you get married at the end of NOV. The advantage of this is your score wont be re-calculated at all whereas in option 1 it will.
- IELTS and ECA are optional for the spouse. In your case not necessary. She will, however, need PCCs and medicals.
- Spouse name in passport is not compulsory.

I hope this helps.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Maverick28, hope you doing good.

It's not necessary to inform CIC if you change jobs. These are the specific items they want to be informed about:

"Specifically, let us know if:
• your personal circumstances change:
o e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage, divorce, death of a spouse, etc.
• your email address, mailing address or phone number changes
• you change your immigration representative
• you want to withdraw your application
• you lose a job offer or lose a provincial or territorial nomination."

(Copied from AOR)

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello - Can I put the reference # of my spouse's ECA evaluation report in the EE profile which is due for completion Oct 2 and add extra 9 points to my current EE points? It's just that I had missed 2 previous invitations due to the ECA score not added for my spouse due to being hand-cuffed as ECA is still working on evaluation. I am pretty confident she would be Bachelor's equivalent per WES norms once the report comes out.
Hahaha, straight to the point.

Reactions: samchop86

cubleron1

Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

Can someone please answer my question about letters from employers: Do the letters have to be written by my manager/supervisor/coordinator or can Human Resources write them too?

Another question about work experience: I have a freelance job experience between 2014-2017 while having a full time job between 2014-2017. Does that mean I have 6 years of work experience?

Thanks a lot!

Antony_23

Dec 6, 2016
Hi,

I have a query regarding the sibling points section.

My sister have landed in Canada and is now in process of her PR card.

1. Is it mandatory that I should submit her PR card copy while I apply for PR or can I apply for PR with her COPR( confirmation on PR)

2. Currently she is staying with her relative so she don't have lease agreement or utility bills in her name . She told she will send the bank account statement as proof of address. Will that be fine or lease agreement is mandatory for applying PR?

Appreacite your thoughts...

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone,

Can someone please answer my question about letters from employers: Do the letters have to be written by my manager/supervisor/coordinator or can Human Resources write them too?

Another question about work experience: I have a freelance job experience between 2014-2017 while having a full time job between 2014-2017. Does that mean I have 6 years of work experience?

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

1) Yes, HR can write the letter.
2) No, they count the calendar years so you have 3 years of work experience. If I were you I would only put my full time experience in employment history and put both freelance and full time experience in personal history. This will make life easier.

All the best

Reactions: cubleron1

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

I have a query regarding the sibling points section.

My sister have landed in Canada and is now in process of her PR card.

1. Is it mandatory that I should submit her PR card copy while I apply for PR or can I apply for PR with her COPR( confirmation on PR)

2. Currently she is staying with her relative so she don't have lease agreement or utility bills in her name . She told she will send the bank account statement as proof of address. Will that be fine or lease agreement is mandatory for applying PR?

Appreacite your thoughts...
Hi,

1) IMO PR card is better, but if it is not available CORP will do.
2) Bank account statement will do.

You can also explain all this in you LOE for the sake of clarity.

All the best

jayanthy

May 21, 2015

jayanthy

May 21, 2015
Hi,

My husband is about to receive a offer letter and we are gonna process for WES and EE file creation .. for this offer do I need to share any documents or what is the procedure... please advise..

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

My husband is about to receive a offer letter and we are gonna process for WES and EE file creation .. for this offer do I need to share any documents or what is the procedure... please advise..
Hi,

You will need to follow the instructions below:

"Letter of offer from the employer
Purpose

To confirm an applicant’s qualifying offer of arranged employment, to validate that the applicant meets program requirements and to screen for concerns of fraud

Document requirements
  • This document is required only if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged employment.
  • A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must
    • be printed on company letterhead and include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate supervisor or personnel officer; and
    • include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
  • If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the LMIA number is requested as part of the application.
    • A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
A question on medicals...it is advisable to get the medical done after the ITA right? So once I get the ITA should I get my medicals done and upload the confirmation of medicals done with my application or should I wait for IRCC to tell me that I need to do my medicals?