+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I am in the process of creating an express entry profile. I had a few questions that I hope someone here could help me with.

1) My NOC code
I work in Investment Banking Middle Office (Operations) as a Senior Analyst, not sure what my NOC code would be. I think my job duties overlap between 1112 - Financial and Investment Analyst & 1114 - Other Financial Officers. Is there anyone here in the same job profile as me and can possibly point me in the right direction? I visited a couple of consultants and they were not too sure either. I have also emailed The NOC Unit (Department of Employment and SOcial Development Canada), but no luck. They have mentioned that it is my prerogative to choose the most appropriate NOC code and they can only provide the resources but not actually tell me what NOC code would be the right one. I am hoping someone here can assist me in choosing the right NOC because I am really stuck.

2) Work Experience letter
The work experience letter that I have received from HR is in a pre set format which only includes my designation, corporate grade, CTC and start date. With regards to the number of hours, I can provide my offer letter which states that information. However, I am concerned about the most important part i.e job duties. A lot of applicants have said that a letter from a colleague/senior on a plain paper (not letterhead) signed by them along with the above documents should suffice. Just wanted to make sure if that is right?

I am hoping someone could help me with the above queries. Thanks in advance and good luck to all.
Hi,

1) It is difficult at times but it is indeed only you who can select the correct NOC. The key is to select an NOC in which you have performed the actions in the lead statement and performed the majority of duties. So in your case, look closely at the two codes and select the one in which you feel closely matches your experience.
2) I do not recommend getting a letter from a colleague. Get it from your superior on notarised plain paper (also ensure that the letter closely matches the duties listed in the NOC). Then add the official letter from HR offer letter and your payslips. This will be sufficient.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
hi seniors
i have applied for pr but my dependent is not in the same country as me currently

So my question is that whenever we get the passport submission request - how can we submit passports at different vfs offices in different countries

I am primary applicant and my spouse is dependent
My spouse has a lot of travel due to work so

1) once we get the ppr request whenever we get it
- will I get a chance to submit my passport here in India and he can submit in the country he is in at that time
2) if cic asks both of us to submit at India then how can I get it changed for him to where he is for his passport submission.
3) can I call for his passport to India via post to submit in India ??

Jus trying to be aware before hand

Kindly help

Best regards

Last edited:

attituderohit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi,

1) You can renew the passport and inform CIC via a case specific enquiry. You will see a link for this on your AOR.
2) There is no need to inform CIC of your travel post AOR.

All the best

What if I receive PPR and new passport simultaneously ? To be hones, I am expecting this.

chinnu25

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Seniors,

I'm in process of creating my express entry profile. I'm working in Canada since May 2016 on ICT (inter company transfer). I have my letter of assignment and employer reference letter. But the question I have is regarding the address and details to be filled in under work experience section.
1) My letter of assignment (arrangement of employment/job offer) is issued by my India unit. My company head office is in Quebec. Should I mention India unit address as company address for job offer or user Canada head office address?
2) I will mention all my previous work experience details, no problem. But when it comes to current employer. Should I have 2 line items under work experience.
a) One for work experience in India from date of joining to date I left India and moved to Canada
b) One line item for work starting in Canada

If I follow above. What proof should I produce for work experience in India. As I'm still employee of same company, I do not have relieving letter.

If I select it as my current employer, then will not be able to select my work location as Canada from the time I moved to Canada.

Could some one please guide me on how to move forward...

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I need urgent help.

I am trying to submit my EAPR. I have ECA for Two or more degrees. In my upload documents sections, there is an upload for certificate of qualification. What should I upload there? I do not have any certification or technical diploma. I have done 2 years bachelors, 2 years Master of computer science degree and 2 yrs Master of business administration degree. I haven't applied for any skilled trade category.
What should I do??
Need help urgently,
Thank you.

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hey ppl,

I just submitted my EE. But it doesn't show any thing against CRS Overall score. How long does it take to reflect the CRS score in EE profile?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hi Seniors,

I'm in process of creating my express entry profile. I'm working in Canada since May 2016 on ICT (inter company transfer). I have my letter of assignment and employer reference letter. But the question I have is regarding the address and details to be filled in under work experience section.
1) My letter of assignment (arrangement of employment/job offer) is issued by my India unit. My company head office is in Quebec. Should I mention India unit address as company address for job offer or user Canada head office address? On the ICT or a reference letter, does it mention Quebec address or India address? I would suggest using Quebec address since its a ICT.
2) I will mention all my previous work experience details, no problem. But when it comes to current employer. Should I have 2 line items under work experience.You could. Usually if you have any change in title or as in the case of ICT, change in address, then they should go on different line items.
a) One for work experience in India from date of joining to date I left India and moved to Canada
b) One line item for work starting in Canada

If I follow above. What proof should I produce for work experience in India. As I'm still employee of same company, I do not have relieving letter. Does your offer letter contain any mention of job duties, responsibilities, I would contain title and date of joining. So long as it contains job duties you can use that.

If I select it as my current employer, then will not be able to select my work location as Canada from the time I moved to Canada. Why? Aren't you giving it under two different line items?

Could some one please guide me on how to move forward...

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Urgent help needed pls , Does FBI PCC become invalid if we travel outside US after receiving the FBI PCC and before submitting the PR application?

Shruthy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hi All

Did any one get their masters evaluated from Wes without evaluating graduation ie. Btech. Also based on the equivalency provided have you claimed crs points.

Thanks

Rahul_Mehra

Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

1) It is difficult at times but it is indeed only you who can select the correct NOC. The key is to select an NOC in which you have performed the actions in the lead statement and performed the majority of duties. So in your case, look closely at the two codes and select the one in which you feel closely matches your experience.
2) I do not recommend getting a letter from a colleague. Get it from your superior on notarised plain paper (also ensure that the letter closely matches the duties listed in the NOC). Then add the official letter from HR offer letter and your payslips. This will be sufficient.

All the best
Greeting to all!
I joined this forum today and like some of my other friends here , am on the verge of submitting my EE profile with me being the primary member. My wife and 3 years kid are my dependents..

Two questions for your kind guidance (may be many would have asked it again and again - so please pardon me)

1. I have experience letter on company letter head (from my various companies), in line with NOC code 2171 for almost9 years. However my work ex is 13 years. In the EE profile should I quote my work history of 9 years only OR do I quote all 13 years. Learnt somewhere that for CIC anything above 6+years is in the same eye... so we should quote only that for which we can get the employer reference letter. I guess my 4 years of remaining experience should go later into PERSONAL HISTORY section (when ITA comes)

2. My wife won't be able to get any of her experience letters from the current and previous employers. She has 10 years experience. Again I learnt from someone that we should avoid writing her experience in EE profile if we cannot get the letter later. Instead we should keep her work ex as 0 now on EE and later add work ex into PERSONAL HISTORY. Moreover I think for a dependent if we are not claiming any Canadian work experience, then anyhow 0 years or 10years for a dependent does not matter.

Friends - how much do you agree with my understanding on point 1 and 2.

Many thanks and good luck to all !!

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Greeting to all!
I joined this forum today and like some of my other friends here , am on the verge of submitting my EE profile with me being the primary member. My wife and 3 years kid are my dependents..

Two questions for your kind guidance (may be many would have asked it again and again - so please pardon me)

1. I have experience letter on company letter head (from my various companies), in line with NOC code 2171 for almost9 years. However my work ex is 13 years. In the EE profile should I quote my work history of 9 years only OR do I quote all 13 years. Learnt somewhere that for CIC anything above 6+years is in the same eye... so we should quote only that for which we can get the employer reference letter. I guess my 4 years of remaining experience should go later into PERSONAL HISTORY section (when ITA comes)
My opinion (or as I am told/ learnt from this forum): show work ex for which you have employer reference letter with details that CIC requires. If you have letter for all 13 years, show all. However, showing only 9 years will do too, since CRS gives max points for work ex >3 years.
2. My wife won't be able to get any of her experience letters from the current and previous employers. She has 10 years experience. Again I learnt from someone that we should avoid writing her experience in EE profile if we cannot get the letter later. Instead we should keep her work ex as 0 now on EE and later add work ex into PERSONAL HISTORY. Moreover I think for a dependent if we are not claiming any Canadian work experience, then anyhow 0 years or 10years for a dependent does not matter. I did the same thing. I put my wife's work ex as 0 in EE since she couldn't get any reference letter. It doesn't matter for secondary applicant since there are no points in CRS.

Friends - how much do you agree with my understanding on point 1 and 2. I agree on your understanding on point 1 and 2, my understanding is the same.

Many thanks and good luck to all !!

Rahul_Mehra

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation.... I truly appreciate the value of this forum and the greatness with which each of us are helping the others.... May GOD give us all that we are aspiring for !!

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Thanks, It looks like I need to attach a sheet for almost all the forms, because in most of them there is something long haha. Nothing wrong, my AOR was two months ago, and today they started to process my application (uci and ip1), I am filling exactly the same as in AoR, maybe they just want an updated one.
How do you write your institution name if it doesnt fill in one column. Did you write it in the column below it or mentioned just the remaining words in the next sheet. ?? I am having this problem.