+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Ginni0890

Jun 30, 2017
Regarding PCC. I have been living temporarely at Delhi due to my Job consignment for a year now. My Passport has permanent address of Ambala which is still existing. I want to get PCC from Chandigarh PP office. Now i want help in this regard. what is the best way , whether I apply for PCC in Police station for both addresses individualy at ambala and delhi or go to PP office. will it need change of address in PP.Pl reply I any one can do.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
hey everyone..need some suggestion here..My brother in law recently got his ppr but the problem is his wife(my sister) has recently moved to usa for a fellowship. After getting the PPR email, he mailed cpc ottawa and singapore visa office regarding this issue and now they have sent another Ready for visa mail with the instruction to submit the passports directly to ottawa from USA by mail. Is it even legal to send passport by dhl/fedex to USA from bangladesh ? Confused about what to do on this regard!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wanted to ask a question to experienced members here.. the question might be bit naive..... How do we upload documents & LOE once you are logged in the portal? As we hit the 'Continue Application' button, there is a first page where we can update multiple forms towards the Permanent Residence Application which has to be completed.
But where is the page where the documents and LOE are uploaded? Is it the next page after we hit 'Continue'?
the documents and LoE page comes after you complete all the other things after hitting "continue application" button... its right at the end

but dont worry - you can go right to the end also, and come back and make any changes you want on the first page... basically any new information you enter on the post ITA page (like travel history, family details etc) can be changed at any time... until you submit the final application and pay the fees... after that no cahnges can be made directly on the portal.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding PCC. I have been living temporarely at Delhi due to my Job consignment for a year now. My Passport has permanent address of Ambala which is still existing. I want to get PCC from Chandigarh PP office. Now i want help in this regard. what is the best way , whether I apply for PCC in Police station for both addresses individualy at ambala and delhi or go to PP office. will it need change of address in PP.Pl reply I any one can do.
its ALWAYS recommended to get PCC from passport office... its a very generic PCC and is valid for residence anywhere in india... unlike a PCC from police station which is only valid for residency in their jurisdiction.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey everyone..need some suggestion here..My brother in law recently got his ppr but the problem is his wife(my sister) has recently moved to usa for a fellowship. After getting the PPR email, he mailed cpc ottawa and singapore visa office regarding this issue and now they have sent another Ready for visa mail with the instruction to submit the passports directly to ottawa from USA by mail. Is it even legal to send passport by dhl/fedex to USA from bangladesh ? Confused about what to do on this regard!

your brother in law needs to submit his passport in whichever country he is in (like singapore or bangladesh i dont know)
your sister needs to submit it in USA

both have to file separately, it will take a little longer than normal but i think it should be fine.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
your brother in law needs to submit his passport in whichever country he is in (like singapore or bangladesh i dont know)
your sister needs to submit it in USA

both have to file separately, it will take a little longer than normal but i think it should be fine.
Thanks for the reply mate. But the new RFV mail has no instructions regarding submitting passport in bangladesh. Rather than that it has only instructions if applicant have address in us or canada and how to submit from us to canada.

Last edited:

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply mate. But the new RFV mail has no instructions regarding submitting passport in bangladesh. Rather than that it has only instructions if applicant have address in us or canada and how to submit from us to canada.
raise another CSE then in that case explaining the situation that an applicant is currently in bangladesh

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys,

Can someone please guide me on one issue. I am about to upload and submit my post ITA documents. I have several letters of explanations (for Proof of funds, for passport, etc). Do I need to combine all letters of explanations as one file and to upload in LOE section ? or do I need to upload each LOE into the appropriate section (for example, POF letter of explanation to POF section) ?
I would appreciate your quick advice as I have several hours till submission deadline :).

Thank you!

sree11

Aug 23, 2017
Hello Friends,
Is there any link that provides information with list of all medical tests to be performed if invited in the express entry? I am a software engineer by profession.
Thank you!

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I did my medical through one of the reputed panel physicians in my country. During the test, someone from the panel physician's clinic told me to write the UMI number on the IMM5419E form (medical report). That person also showed me the UMI number which I was supposed to write on the form. So I did. Now, I realized after getting my eMedical Upfront medical slip, the number she told me to write on my form is actually the UMI number for my spouse. (not mine). This is totally mistake done by her. In that case, anyone have any suggestions what CIC might do in such case?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hello All,

[Special shout out to @thestunner316 @TanakaM ]

Few newbie queries.
1) Do we require experience letter as per CIC's format containing salary, duties, and hours worked from all previous companies or only the present one or for any one of them covering more than 3 years?

2) Most of my previous companies are only ready to provide reference letter as per their template containing dates and job title. Not including duties, salary and hours worked in a week. I do have all of joining, appraisal, relieving letters with payslips. None of those mention job duties.

Are job duties that big a deal? I don't want to go through requesting a friend / affidavit / notarize path. Simply because in many of those firms (date back in 2007,08,2010) I don't have any know associate left. And the Firms have Merged to change their name/address different from what's on the letter head given to me 10 years ago.[which I would explain in Letter of explanation]

3) I prefer not to inform my current employer in US and thus don't want to ask for a reference letter, but I could depending on answer to Question 1.

4) In case, I am able to get experience letter from some of my previous employer in CIC format. I believe I should claim only points for that part of workex in my EE? Or can I fill my EE with all my workex, and only provide experience letter for some of it at the time I fill post-ITA application and delete the work ex for which I don't have experience letter in CIC format?

P.S - I have received our IELTS and WES (master's for me, double master's for wife) but we haven't started EE profile since we are waiting for Experience Letter from previous companies and trying to get closer to FBI clearance - which we applied on 17th July - no indication if they received anything or if they are processing anything.

sree11

Aug 23, 2017
@Kuchbhi, regarding evaluation I have couple of questions:
I am working as a Software Engineer and I am thinking about applying through Express Entry. Can you please answer couple of questions about express entry:
1) I have a Bachelors of Engineering (4 year degree) in Computer Science, and I am planning for the "Software Engineer" in the Skilled Occupation List. I have a MBA degree as well. Will the MBA degree count towards my profile and give me points? Or will it be omitted because it is not related to "Software Engineer" occupation?
2) I have sealed documents cover from the university in India where I did my BTech (Engineering), but that sealed packet is about 5 years old. Do you see any problems with that?
Thanks in advance!

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
@Kuchbhi, regarding evaluation I have couple of questions:
I am working as a Software Engineer and I am thinking about applying through Express Entry. Can you please answer couple of questions about express entry:
1) I have a Bachelors of Engineering (4 year degree) in Computer Science, and I am planning for the "Software Engineer" in the Skilled Occupation List. I have a MBA degree as well. Will the MBA degree count towards my profile and give me points? Or will it be omitted because it is not related to "Software Engineer" occupation?
My response: WES (if you are using WES) will evaluate your education to be Canadian equivalent to Master's. And you'll get points for having Masters in CRS/EE. I don't think it matters if you are actually using your Masters in your current NOC.(maybe I am wrong). I mean I have MBA and so does several people, but actually the job they do doesn't really require Masters.
2) I have sealed documents cover from the university in India where I did my BTech (Engineering), but that sealed packet is about 5 years old. Do you see any problems with that?
My response: I graduated in 2007 (BTech/India) and had a sealed envelope with transcript in it since 2007. WES doesn't care. I just got my evaluation done.
Thanks in advance!

sree11

Aug 23, 2017
@
@Kuchbhi
Thanks a lot for your quick response, it is very encouraging indeed.
1) We live in the US, is there any good Canadian/US lawyer that I can consult for help with general questions (initial consultation), preferably someone economical and reliable?
2) Also, do you know the list of medical tests that are performed in the final stage? For US or Australia immigration, it is clearly listed out, but for Canada, they dont have a list on their cic website. please suggest.
3) Also, at what stage are experience letters needed? Before or After getting selected in express entry pool?
Thanks and I hope you make it to Canada!

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
@

@Kuchbhi
Thanks a lot for your quick response, it is very encouraging indeed.
1) We live in the US, is there any good Canadian/US lawyer that I can consult for help with general questions (initial consultation), preferably someone economical and reliable?
Even I live in US. I don't know about any lawyer, but this website canadavisa.com itself promotes David Cohen, you may hire his services. I did a free assessment and found that it comes with a $2000 price tag, so I bailed out.
2) Also, do you know the list of medical tests that are performed in the final stage? For US or Australia immigration, it is clearly listed out, but for Canada, they dont have a list on their cic website. please suggest. I haven't thought that far ahead. I still haven't created my EE profile. I believe you will get instructions during ITA? Others can confirm that.
3) Also, at what stage are experience letters needed? Before or After getting selected in express entry pool? I think they'll be needed once you receive ITA. I am waiting on FBI + Letter of experiences.
Thanks and I hope you make it to Canada!