+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have claimed points for sibling relationship after the new changes and got an ITA.
I have a few queries about the Proof of Sibling Relationship section.

Here's my situation:
There is a difference in me and my sibling's passport. While my brother has my father's First name and Last name in his, mine has my father's middle name added as well.
So in my brother's passport it will be "Fname Lname" while in mine it's "Fname Mname Lname". Mother's name is similar in both of our passports.

I've seen it being discussed that birth certificates can be submitted as proof but my brother doesn't have a birth certificate and since he's in Canada now we can't get one made.

So my question is, what do I submit as proof of my sibling relationship? Would the extra middle name in my passport cause any issues?
i dont think so

submit your fathers passport also...

Shruthy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hello all,

Hope all are keeping well and healthy.

I require a very urgent assistance on a query with regards to credentials evaluation.

Can we claim crs points for masters alone?? My husband cannot get his transcripts done for engineering. Is there anyone in this forum has done transcripts from RAI uni, Bhopal?? It would be real help if we know the procedure. The problem with his engineering was that he lost affliation from rai University and then got the rest certificates done from rajeev ghandhi University. So in short his engineering has half rai and half rajeev ghandhi certificates.

Is it possible to just claim crs points for masters alone.has anyone done that way??? How Wes normally evaluate such cases??

Have a great day

Thanks

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Hi Friends,

Can anyone pls share the best way I can prepare for my writing part as I will be taking the exam on the 9th of September, and last time I only got 6.5. And considering the current situation, my writing band score is fluctuating at 6.5-7, so it will be of a great help if any individuals can share what is the best way of studying in the remaining time, considering only 20 days left before the examination and I need to get at least 7.5 in the exam to go through. Thank you everyone, hope someone can give me some advice :)
To improve in writing, in my opinion you should do time management.
There are two Tasks, Task 1 & 2. allocate 20 mins or less to Task1. So 40 mins or more to Task2 since it carries more weight. (almost twice of Task1 I think). Then you need structure your response.
Para 1) opening
Para 2) Supporting arguments
Para 3) Supporting / counter arguments (if any)
Para 4) Conclusion

Make sure you write at least 300 words. Usually write in active voice, make sure you don't make spelling mistakes. Write short sentences. Make sure your practice everyday and manage your time accordingly. If you still believe you cannot improve your score beyond 7.5, then it means you are making errors at a basic level, and you need more time to unlearn, learn and relearn. Try reading something like The Economist.

For me, listening was challenging because if I miss even a single cue, then following questions got derailed. In reading - most people I talked with got 9. Speaking - as with writing - depends on your personality and practice. My wife is an introvert and got 8 in Speaking, I am an extrovert and like to talk - I got 8.5. She got 8.5 in writing while I got 8 as I run out of patience quickly.
Key to good IELTS score: get at least 35 out of 40 correct in Listening (for 8), 39 or 40 for 8.5/9 on Reading respectively. Do your best to get 7.5 above in speaking and writing.

Good luck!

Komalpreet

Mar 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I need some help regarding Express Entry.

It's regarding my sister.

She has done Masters in IT and has been working as a Web Designer from last three years.

Her current score is 398. She is going to appear for her Ielts exam for one more time.

I have few questions regarding her application:

1. She doesn't have a birth certificate and it's hard to get one now. What are the other options for her? She is 87 born and birth certificates were available at that time but her birth certificate doesn't have the correct date of birth and it is hard to get it corrected in India.
2. What documents does she need to provide for her work experience? She worked with a company for 2 years and quit that job and now working with a different IT company. So, what does she need to get from her previous employer?
3. She got her study visa rejected twice and visitor visa rejected once. (Is it going to be an issue for you in the future).
4. What is the process of getting a LMIA so she can get another 50 points to receive ITA.

Thank you for your help!!!!!!

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
Hi!!!

I'm planning to go as a student if I can't achieve the CLB 9 to improve the csr to apply for the PR. Hence, wanted to complete the documentation part while preparing for Ielts.
1.Is there a expirey for the ECA?
2. I have been in Uk for 4 yrs if take the police report now does it have a validity period like do we have to take it upon the receipt of ITA

If I have those docs ready and if I go there as a student can I use the same after the completion of studies for EE

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
To improve in writing, in my opinion you should do time management.
There are two Tasks, Task 1 & 2. allocate 20 mins or less to Task1. So 40 mins or more to Task2 since it carries more weight. (almost twice of Task1 I think). Then you need structure your response.
Para 1) opening
Para 2) Supporting arguments
Para 3) Supporting / counter arguments (if any)
Para 4) Conclusion

Make sure you write at least 300 words. Usually write in active voice, make sure you don't make spelling mistakes. Write short sentences. Make sure your practice everyday and manage your time accordingly. If you still believe you cannot improve your score beyond 7.5, then it means you are making errors at a basic level, and you need more time to unlearn, learn and relearn. Try reading something like The Economist.

For me, listening was challenging because if I miss even a single cue, then following questions got derailed. In reading - most people I talked with got 9. Speaking - as with writing - depends on your personality and practice. My wife is an introvert and got 8 in Speaking, I am an extrovert and like to talk - I got 8.5. She got 8.5 in writing while I got 8 as I run out of patience quickly.
Key to good IELTS score: get at least 35 out of 40 correct in Listening (for 8), 39 or 40 for 8.5/9 on Reading respectively. Do your best to get 7.5 above in speaking and writing.

Good luck!
Hi Kuchbhi,

Thank you so much for your advice and Congratulations on your IELTS score, and I also feel like you will also get your desired PR soon :) Many best wishes for that.

About Writing, I am kind of struggling in the Lexical Resource part of the writing, so do you have any advice on that area of Writing Essay ?
Next, about the Listening, sometimes I lost track in the long phases of the MCQ questions, so do you have any recommendations on cracking the listening part's MCQ section ? I have done enough practicing to be honest, but still I miss out the lengthy MQC questions.

About Reading and Speaking, I am confident to get the CLB 10 score hopefully, but I am super scared about the essay part and a little tentative about the MCQ of Listening. Finally, do you recommend oneself to sit for the IDP or BC IELTS ? Last time I appeared BC and missed the CLB 9 just for 0.5 band in the Writing section.

BR

Reactions: Swapnali

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Good morning All...

Back again with yet another query.....

Name on the Passport, Birth Certificate and all the Educational Credentials: Amitkumar Rameshchandra Trivedi

I have been in two different employment since earning my Ph.D.

For 1st employment, my appointment letter, work experience letter, salary slips and the bank account statement for has my name: Amit R. Trivedi.
However, in the 2nd employment, all the docs have my name is as per the passport, which is Amitkumar Rameshchandra Trivedi.

Should it be an issue at the time of e-APR? what about getting an affidavit- one and the same name....

Please help

Thanks in advance
Most of the organization left out one's middle name to be mentioned in the official letters. I believe your scenario is not ambiguous as the name mentioned is pretty synonymous to the actual name.
If you can get a notarized affidavit, get one. why work with hunches? :)

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
Would like to ask a couple of things in our planning to stay in Canada. Thanks much in advance!

- After we get to CoPR stage, when is the latest to go to Canada to register for the PR card?

- I am applying for the family (me, my husband, two small kids) and does it need the whole family flying to Canada to register for PR or just the Primary Applicant can do for all? Our two kids are just 2 and 3 years old so too small to travel around.

- We are planning to really move to Canada around 2.5 years after we get CoPR, because we have a lot to settle here in the home town, e.g. selling or renting out flat, our job and so on. Any tax we need to pay to Canada gov, e.g. renting/selling flat and income before we physically move to Canada to stay? The thing is we are still paying tax in our home town, so I think we do not need to pay dual, even if we are granted CoPR?

Ganiroy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hello guys,

Struck up with strange scenarios, can someone shed some light here?

Once I create my EE profile, can I edit it to match the score for the draw?
For example: I am getting 440 without taking my wife along with me. If I consider her for the travel, score is dropping to 427. So, Can I create EE profile for 440, see the draw and if the draw minimum requirement is 420, then edit it saying I want to travel along with my wife. Will this be considered by the immigration?

Thanks in advance for your time

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hi

I am in the process of completing documentation requirements for EE and need clarity on how can I go about proving relationship with my paternal uncle whose details I have mentioned in the application.

My father's birth certificate is missing so as an alternate I wanted to know whether submitting marriage certificates would suffice or not.

Please advise how can I go about proving this relationship.

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
I received ITA in the latest draw and for work experience one of my company is not providing the letter that states I have works 40 hrs a week and will not mention job description. In such cases how do I proceed further to showcase my proof of work? What can be done? please suggest an alternate way to showcase my experience to CIC.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hello guys,

Struck up with strange scenarios, can someone shed some light here?

Once I create my EE profile, can I edit it to match the score for the draw?
For example: I am getting 440 without taking my wife along with me. If I consider her for the travel, score is dropping to 427. So, Can I create EE profile for 440, see the draw and if the draw minimum requirement is 420, then edit it saying I want to travel along with my wife. Will this be considered by the immigration?

Thanks in advance for your time
Certainly so, When your wife will accompany with you the score will dwindle. However, if you ask your wife to take ietls and include her eca,the score will surge up.
You can edit the information until you receive an ITA. Post ITA, if you are adding wife as being accompanied, the information has to be sent to the cic though email (I guess).

Once you receive your PR card, the only legitimate path for your wife to live with you in canada is through "spouse visa" which will be painstaking 1 year :)

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I received ITA in the latest draw and for work experience one of my company is not providing the letter that states I have works 40 hrs a week and will not mention job description. In such cases how do I proceed further to showcase my proof of work? What can be done? please suggest an alternate way to showcase my experience to CIC.
Compose whatever details missed and get a signature from your manager/senior colleague in the paper and get it notarized .
For more details, read the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Most of the organization left out one's middle name to be mentioned in the official letters. I believe your scenario is not ambiguous as the name mentioned is pretty synonymous to the actual name.
If you can get a notarized affidavit, get one. why work with hunches? :)
Thanks a lot....I'll definitely follow ur advice....heading to the lawyer on Monday to get a one and the same person affidavit