+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Big thanks for being the savior for a newbie like me...

As stated earlier, I am creating my express entry profile and wanted to know what month-year should I input in study field for completion of the course (To column).

For instance,
1. I completed attending the classes for my Bachelors' degree and appeared for the exam: March-2005,
2. Passed the Examination: May-2005
3. Degree awarded: August-2005.

Which one should I use?

Thanks in advance
Dr. Amit Trivedi
I agree with @Kuchbhi. The date of completion should be the date your classes got over.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kuchbhi

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello,

I just received my OINP nomination and waiting for the ITA. I just discovered that I wrote the spelling of my employer's name wrong in the EE profile but I wrote it right in my OINP application. Can I change it in the EE profile now or will it affect my profile or nomination?

Thanks in advance.
It's not a problem if you make changes to your EE profile before receiving ITA.

After receiving ITA you can make changes too but in this situation it'll be better to explain in an LOE why you made the change.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mike@@

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks so much for your reply. I thought of writing an LoE too as I know that IRCC are looking for any reason to reject the application :D. and at the same time I did not want to mess anything with my nomination and my score.

Thanks again and good luck.
You're misinformed. IRCC isn't looking for reasons to reject applications.

Applications get rejected because people just assume things or get wrong advice from well meaning people.

I'd suggest you do your research properly by reading the IRCC instructions, and posts by senior members on this forum.

Good luck.

Reactions: reye27 and Mike@@

Mike@@

Jul 8, 2017
You're misinformed. IRCC isn't looking for reasons to reject applications.

Applications get rejected because people just assume things or get wrong advice from well meaning people.

I'd suggest you do your research properly by reading the IRCC instructions, and posts by senior members on this forum.

Good luck.
Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I am reading the reasons for rejection post and it freaked me out. I can see many scenarios happening to me and that is why I don't want to give them a chance for rejection.

So you think correcting my employer's name won't affect my nomination?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I am reading the reasons for rejection post and it freaked me out. I can see many scenarios happening to me and that is why I don't want to give them a chance for rejection.

So you think correcting my employer's name won't affect my nomination?
Nominations aren't affected because of spelling mistakes in EE profiles. You can make as many changes you want as long as these changes don't affect your CRS.

I made several changes in my EE profile after I got my OINP nomination. I also made changes after receiving the ITA, but I explained them all in LoE in my PR application.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mike@@

Mike@@

Jul 8, 2017
Nominations aren't affected because of spelling mistakes in EE profiles. You can make as many changes you want as long as these changes don't affect your CRS.

I made several changes in my EE profile after I got my OINP nomination. I also made changes after receiving the ITA, but I explained them all in LoE in my PR application.

Good luck.
That is very relieving. Thank you so much and wish you all the best :)

Atif7861

May 17, 2017
Hi all, i made my EE profile in Nov 16, my previous Ielts result was based on 13 August 2015. Meanwhile i gave another IELTS in March and updated the latest score. On 17 May i applied for SINP application and my application is still under progress. But yesterday i received message that my EE profile is Ineligble. I checked my profile and only education area is showing complete and rest all sections were showing transmitted. I reported this as technical problem and resubmitted the same profile. Now status of my EE profile is still "update not submitted".
Can anyone please clarify do i need to make a new peofile or my current profile can become eligible again.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Good morning All...

Back again with yet another query.....

Name on the Passport, Birth Certificate and all the Educational Credentials: Amitkumar Rameshchandra Trivedi

I have been in two different employment since earning my Ph.D.

For 1st employment, my appointment letter, work experience letter, salary slips and the bank account statement for has my name: Amit R. Trivedi.
However, in the 2nd employment, all the docs have my name is as per the passport, which is Amitkumar Rameshchandra Trivedi.

Should it be an issue at the time of e-APR? what about getting an affidavit- one and the same name....

Please help

Thanks in advance

Raman01

Aug 13, 2017
My employer not writing me down:
Job Duties, Annual Salary, Full Time Hours per Week
on my Verification of Employment

What do I do ?

PLEASE HELP
Brother if he is not doing so then you can get it done by anyone of friend who used to work with you, else you can also do the self declaration, but would prefer give your friend reference and get it done.

rahulmerh

Dec 24, 2016
Hi,
My CRS points are coming around 340 along with my spouse.
I am trying to get my IELTS 8,7,7,7 but not sure if this comes. I had my previous score as 7.5, 7.5,6,6
Can somebody help me letting me know the states in Canada would be suitable for my score for Aeronautical Engineer/ Mechanical Engineer.
I mean for State Provenance.

Regards
Rahul

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
Hello Friends,
Please help
I have question, My friend works with her relatives trucking company as a Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations (noc 1215). As she comes to Canada on student visa she lived with same relative from beginning. Now its been year she is working with them and the problem is that her relative have their company's office address and home address same, which is also my friends's resident address. Just want to know if anyone have any idea how to handle such situations.
Seniors can you please help with this one, I am afraid they will consider this work as work from home. Does LOE would be sufficient.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi, I had this question for a friend

So they completed a Graduate Certificate program of 1 year/ 2 semesters in 8 months (jan 2017-aug 2017) as they did not take a break.

Program link
https://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/financial-planning/#panelOne

I wanted to know the what will be the period duration for which they will receive an PGWP on completing this program?will it be 1 year(duration of the course specified) or 8 months(time taken to complete the program?

They are looking from a POV of settling in Canada (STUDY-WORK-PR)

Is it advisable for them to take another program for 1 year and then apply for PGWP which will be valid for 3 years

or just apply for a PGWP now

Any suggestion would be welcomed

Thanks in advance

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
I have a question regarding native language in the application form. Apparently, the first language in my IELTS result is Hindi as that is the national language but the application form say mother tongue which is different from Hindi. What should i write Hindi or my local language? Any help will be appreciated.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I have a question regarding native language in the application form. Apparently, the first language in my IELTS result is Hindi as that is the national language but the application form say mother tongue which is different from Hindi. What should i write Hindi or my local language? Any help will be appreciated.
Mention your mother tongue in your PR application (unless the drop down menu doesn't have that option).

Ideally you should have mentioned your mother tongue, and not the national language, in your IELTS too but I think it won't matter now. Good luck.

Reactions: ksp1989