+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

msHH

Jun 28, 2017
Hi,

Can please somebody explain about work experience (foreign and canadian):

1.In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

If I've been working in Canada, NOC B, 40h/week during 11 month=1,880 hours worked
Before I've been working in Starbucks part-time, NOC B as a shift supervisor, although 35-40h/week during 10 month= around 1,600 hours worked

Foreign work experience 1 year, NOC B, 40h/week = 2,080 hours worked
How many years of work experience will they count?

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Respected members,
I have a question regarding my educational background and my job experience. I am planning to apply under under express entry stream post my IELTS exam, if I happen to get the required band score. So I have decided to hire the services of an agent and that agent has said that my education is not relevant to my job experience which is very disheartening for me. My profile is mentioned below:
I did my graduation (Bachelor in computer applications) and post graduation (Masters in computer applications 2008 pass-out) both regular courses and got them assessed from WES. My masters is equivalent to Canada's master degree. I have been working in a bank for the past 8 years and my job duties entail internal bank branch's operations like cash handling, ATM servicing, handling customer queries, opening saving accounts, handling loan applications and sanctioning loans. These set of job duties match the job duties outlined for NOC 6235 Financial sales representatives. Keeping my job duties in mind, he said I would have met criteria had I been working in the Information technology sector.

Further, I have a query regarding showing work experience. What are the options available to substantiate your work experience? Is it stipulated in the guidelines that an applicant has to get the employment letters with job duties mentioned on them issued from the HR? If HR is not issuing those letters, what are the options available? Will it find favor with them if I get reference letter from my colleagues or my senior?
Kindly help and guide.

Looking forward to insightful replies...

Last edited:

agavaqif

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys ,
So I got my ITA.. in my application profile for my wife's Education I said no education so no points was claimed for that but she does have education..Now I am filling her profile after recieving ITA. Should I say no to her education or should I enter her education history?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys ,
So I got my ITA.. in my application profile for my wife's Education I said no education so no points was claimed for that but she does have education..Now I am filling her profile after recieving ITA. Should I say no to her education or should I enter her education history?
Hi,

Say no in education history and only enter it in her personal history section.

This is perfectly acceptable since no points are being claimed.

All the best

agavaqif

Jun 8, 2017
Hi,

All the best
Hi,

All the best
You are great man .. Thanks a lot.. One more question if it is not problem for you. For adress section I lived in around 30 different addresses till now .
Sometimes I even changed my living place within same city when I was a student (Altough did not change residency info).Do I have to enter all the adresses which I lived in even the ones which was in the same city? Unfortunately I do not remember like 90% of them what can be done about that?
Thank you

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Respected members,
I have a question regarding my educational background and my job experience. I am planning to apply under under express entry stream post my IELTS exam, if I happen to get the required band score. So I have decided to hire the services of an agent and that agent has said that my education is not relevant to my job experience which is very disheartening for me. My profile is mentioned below:
I did my graduation (Bachelor in computer applications) and post graduation (Masters in computer applications 2008 pass-out) both regular courses and got them assessed from WES. My masters is equivalent to Canada's master degree. I have been working in a bank for the past 8 years and my job duties entail internal bank branch's operations like cash handling, ATM servicing, handling customer queries, opening saving accounts, handling loan applications and sanctioning loans. These set of job duties match the job duties outlined for NOC 6235 Financial sales representatives. Keeping my job duties in mind, he said I would have met criteria had I been working in the Information technology sector.

Further, I have a query regarding showing work experience. What are the options available to substantiate your work experience? Is it stipulated in the guidelines that an applicant has to get the employment letters with job duties mentioned on them issued from the HR? If HR is not issuing those letters, what are the options available? Will it find favor with them if I get reference letter from my colleagues or my senior?
Kindly help and guide.

Looking forward to insightful replies...
Hi,

Firstly, If you agent is saying you cant apply under NOC 6235 because your education does not match you need to fire them and find a new one or do it yourself, as most of us are doing.
"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

The above means you can have a history degree apply under an IT NOC as long as you have the require work experience. So in my books you are a perfect candidate (masters degree and 3+ years of experience).

The reference letter must meet the IRCC requirements, anything else leaves room for the officer's discretion. So I would advise you to do everything in your power to meet these requirements. If you fail, you can get your manager/supervisor to write it on notarised plain paper, but there is no guarantee that it will be accepted.

Regards

Reactions: aspiringme

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
You are great man .. Thanks a lot.. One more question if it is not problem for you. For adress section I lived in around 30 different addresses till now .
Sometimes I even changed my living place within same city when I was a student (Altough did not change residency info).Do I have to enter all the adresses which I lived in even the ones which was in the same city? Unfortunately I do not remember like 90% of them what can be done about that?
Thank you
You need to mention all the fixed/long-term addresses you have lived in over the past 10 years or since the age of 18. So don't include temporary addresses eg places you stayed in for a month or a friend's place you crash at.

Hope that helps

Reactions: agavaqif

agavaqif

Jun 8, 2017
You need to mention all the fixed/long-term addresses you have lived in over the past 10 years or since the age of 18. So don't include temporary addresses eg places you stayed in for a month or a friend's place you crash at.

Hope that helps
The problem is I do not even remember those exact addresses and by adresses I mean the ones I lived like at least 6 month.Is it ok to enter approximate adresses?

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
Hi,

a quick question reg IELTS and ee score. I wrote my test on 11 july 2014. So i thought as it expires now ee score will drop down, rather mycic page has same old info and score. Anyhow, i have booked one this july 28.
will my score be same now even when ielts is expired?

Thanks for helping with your inputs!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

Can please somebody explain about work experience (foreign and canadian):

1.In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

If I've been working in Canada, NOC B, 40h/week during 11 month=1,880 hours worked
Before I've been working in Starbucks part-time, NOC B as a shift supervisor, although 35-40h/week during 10 month= around 1,600 hours worked

Foreign work experience 1 year, NOC B, 40h/week = 2,080 hours worked
How many years of work experience will they count?
This is the important instruction for you:
"Full-time work
(5) For the purposes of this section, full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.

Work in excess
(6) For the purposes of this section, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

Work experience — requirements
(7) For the purposes of this section,

• (a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
  • (b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
  • (c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
  • (d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

So you will have 21 months of Canadian experience and 1 year of foreign experience. Hours worked above 30hrs/week do not count.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

a quick question reg IELTS and ee score. I wrote my test on 11 july 2014. So i thought as it expires now ee score will drop down, rather mycic page has same old info and score. Anyhow, i have booked one this july 28.
will my score be same now even when ielts is expired?

Thanks for helping with your inputs!
Hi,

You are no longer eligible since you dont have valid IELTS results. So you shouldn't have a score at all.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
The problem is I do not even remember those exact addresses and by adresses I mean the ones I lived like at least 6 month.Is it ok to enter approximate adresses?
You need to do everything in your power to find them my friend. Look for old mail, bills or ask friend. etc

At least the main ones.

Regards

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi,

Firstly, If you agent is saying you cant apply under NOC 6235 because your education does not match you need to fire them and find a new one or do it yourself, as most of us are doing.
"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

The above means you can have a history degree apply under an IT NOC as long as you have the require work experience. So in my books you are a perfect candidate (masters degree and 3+ years of experience).

The reference letter must meet the IRCC requirements, anything else leaves room for the officer's discretion. So I would advise you to do everything in your power to meet these requirements. If you fail, you can get your manager/supervisor to write it on notarised plain paper, but there is no guarantee that it will be accepted.

Regards
Thanks for the reply...
I am glad that the link has quelled my misgivings.
Dear, can you please share some information or website links related to what are the acceptable documents to corroborate my work experience? As far as my HR is concerned, it is next to impossible to get the reference letter on the company's letter head and that too with my job duties mentioned. I am having bank account statement, payslips, my Income tax return for all these years. Can't these convince them? Is it for sure they case officer will insist for providing reference letters?

Thanks in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks for the reply...
I am glad that the link has quelled my misgivings.
Dear, can you please share some information or website links related to what are the acceptable documents to corroborate my work experience? As far as my HR is concerned, it is next to impossible to get the reference letter on the company's letter head and that too with my job duties mentioned. I am having bank account statement, payslips, my Income tax return for all these years. Can't these convince them? Is it for sure they case officer will insist for providing reference letters?

Thanks in advance
The case officer is less likely to doubt you experience if you have an official reference letter. However, you can go through the thread below for help with your situation:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Best of luck