+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sr2017

Jun 13, 2017
Dear All,

Planning to apply for Express Entry in couple of months and have sent questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer the below questions.

1) In order to keep things ready, can I undergo for medical test and police clearance check before creating a profile in Express Entry? Or both medicals and police checks are to be done only after getting the Invitation To Apply? Kindly respond.

2) Let's say we (me & spouse) got PR Visa through Express Entry and shifter to Canada. Later on, my spouse delivered a baby outside Canada, does the baby become Canadian Citizen or PR by default since parents have PR Visa? If not, what could be the procedure to bring the baby to Canada?

3) Do we need to move to Canada immediately after getting the PR Visa through Express Entry or can we move after six months or one year? I mean, if a person got PR Visa in July 2017, can he move to Canada in July 2018? I am just curious to know how soon we need to move to Canada after getting the PR Visa.

Kindly advise on the above points. Thank you.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All,

Planning to apply for Express Entry in couple of months and have sent questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer the below questions.

1) In order to keep things ready, can I undergo for medical test and police clearance check before creating a profile in Express Entry? Or both medicals and police checks are to be done only after getting the Invitation To Apply? Kindly respond.

2) Let's say we (me & spouse) got PR Visa through Express Entry and shifter to Canada. Later on, my spouse delivered a baby outside Canada, does the baby become Canadian Citizen or PR by default since parents have PR Visa? If not, what could be the procedure to bring the baby to Canada?

3) Do we need to move to Canada immediately after getting the PR Visa through Express Entry or can we move after six months or one year? I mean, if a person got PR Visa in July 2017, can he move to Canada in July 2018? I am just curious to know how soon we need to move to Canada after getting the PR Visa.

Hi,

1) PCC is typically valid for a year, except PCC from your country of residence which is valid for 6 months. Based on this I would create a profile first and get PCC sorted once I'm sure an ITA is coming.
With regards to medicals, make them one of the last things you do as you have to land before they expire. They are valid for 1 year.

2) The baby will not be Canadian citizens if he is born outside Canada, but he can be added to your PR. Don't know what the process is, but you can google it.

3) As stated earlier, you must land before the expiry of your medicals, so you and your dependents may have 6 or so months to land depending on how quickly your application is processed.

All the best

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Dear All,

Once you create a profile in EE you would be in a pool. CIC would do draws and once your points are the same or greater than the draw point, you automatically get an ITA (Invitation To Apply). Once you get an ITA, you have 90 days (before it used to be 60 days) to complete the submission.

People do upfront medicals, i.e. you will do medial tests even before CIC asking you, and submit before your ITA submission deadline expires. Ideally people do it closer to the submission date. This is because, once you get an approval, you would have one year time since you did your medicals to land in Canada.

As for Police Clearance, if you have to get PCC from countries other than you are currently residing, maybe you can start the process now. But the PCC of the country you currently reside, it is recommended you start the process only after you get your ITA. So that it stays more current dated.

If the baby is delivered outside Canada, then NO. Baby is neither a citizen or a PR. You would have to apply.

Once you get the approval, you have one year time from your medical date to land in Canada.

CIC states, to maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. During this time you must be in Canada physically.

sr2017

Jun 13, 2017
Hi,

1) PCC is typically valid for a year, except PCC from your country of residence which is valid for 6 months. Based on this I would create a profile first and get PCC sorted once I'm sure an ITA is coming.
With regards to medicals, make them one of the last things you do as you have to land before they expire. They are valid for 1 year.

2) The baby will not be Canadian citizens if he is born outside Canada, but he can be added to your PR. Don't know what the process is, but you can google it.

3) As stated earlier, you must land before the expiry of your medicals, so you and your dependents may have 6 or so months to land depending on how quickly your application is processed.

All the best

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
I am a FWS-O with Provincial Nomination Candidate. Submitted my online PR(eAPR) application on 12th March, and till date not even passed the medicals. I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, but did not get their response. Tried to call them but could not connect to an agent. Any idea what could be causing this delay?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
If i ask WES to cancel my order i.e. ECA processing via email..till when i would get refund??..i mean how many days!!
I'm not sure how long it will take them to make a decision, but once your account status says you are due a refund it will take 2-3 days if you paid by card.

"My Account indicates I am owed a refund. How will I receive payment?
WES issues refunds based on the method of payment.

If You Paid By Refund Method Refund Time

Credit/Debit Card Refund to credit/debit card 2-3 days

Check or Western Union Check 3-4 weeks"

http://help.wes.org/?Site=Canada

Regards

Reactions: sidhusukhdev123

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
Hi All,,
My query is regarding Passport scanning. I have 0 travel history hence no stamps on any pages. Am I required to scan all pages, or just the one with my name and other with my parental+ address details is enough. Please help as I am just about to submit my application.

Thanks,
Gurjit

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,,
My query is regarding Passport scanning. I have 0 travel history hence no stamps on any pages. Am I required to scan all pages, or just the one with my name and other with my parental+ address details is enough. Please help as I am just about to submit my application.

Thanks,
Gurjit
Hi,

"just the one with my name and other with my parental+ address details is enough."

This is all you need to submit.

All the best

Reactions: reet100

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
hi guys.
i'm stuck on this can you please help me.
i mentioned that i have my aunt in Canada and in checklist they asking me to proof the relationship what i can do and i know i will not get any point from it
regards