+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Thanks a lot for providing me clarifications. I successfully created my express entry profile. Before I submit the profile I wanted to confirm one final question regarding "Academic year" term. - Complete/full academic years
I started my masters in Jan 2012 and graduated in August 2013 .
I registered
3 subjects for 2012 Winter
1 subject for 2012 Summer
3 subjects for 2012 Fall
3 subjects for 2013 winter
1 subject for 2013 summer.
Q1 : I am not sure how the academic year is calculated. Can I mention 2 academic years or just 1 year.

Q2 : My masters is in Information Systems - I am skeptical if this comes under Computing and Information Technology

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Seniors/@TanakaM,

I am an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). On completion of the 3-4 year academic qualification you are awarded with the status called CIMA Passed Finalist. After that, you have the option of applying for the Associate Membership by providing 3 years of related work experience.
  • I completed all my academic exams and was awarded ‘CIMA Passed Finalist’ on May 2015.
  • Later, I upgraded this qualification and was awarded the Associate Membership on November 2016.
  • I applied for an ECA and got my WES report for my Associate Member ship as a 4-year Bachelor’s degree.
I started working for a particular NOC from April 2016. My question is when I fill my EE profile, for the question ‘When was x qualified to perform this role’ I will mention May 2015 as this is when I completed all my academic exams and graduated as a CIMA Passed Finalist. However, since my ECA report states as November 2016 as the graduation date (The date I got my Associate Membership) will this be an issue??

Should I mention this in the LOE or do I have to get another ECA done only for the exams up to May 2015 separately ?

Extremely sorry for such a long post. Your, advice is highly valuable.

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Hello Guys,

I have received my ITA and i am in the process of arranging my letters of reference from the previous employers.

Problem is that in my EE profile i have filled in wrong dates of employment for one of my jobs. Would that be an issue?

What should i do?

please suggest.

Thanks

adex100

Dec 21, 2015
Hi,

Your experience can be from multiple NOC's, so both will be counted towards his experience.

To qualify you only need to have 1 year experience in your primary NOC as stated below:

"The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)]."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

All the best
Thanks Tanaka. I have been promoted once in my current company and my earlier company. Should i split this as 4 entries in total?

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi All,
While filling up the wes application, in the 'ECA Package' tab, i am seeing an option to add recipient, is it a mandatory one as it shows only 2 options in that: 1. Provicnial Nomination and 2. Immigration lawyers/consultants
FYI, this is for Express entry filing

paraskp

Dec 13, 2016
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)
Hi Yampower

Need your guidance.

I and my wife had given IELTS and the scores are as follows:
Paras
Speaking- 7.5
Listening- 7.0
Reading- 5.5
Writing- 6.0

My wife's
Speaking- 8.0
Listening- 7.0
Reading- 6.5
Writing- 6.5

Please suggest who should be the primary applicant as per this score and if we are eligible for express entry.
Please help, waiting for your reply.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Yampower

Need your guidance.

I and my wife had given IELTS and the scores are as follows:
Paras
Speaking- 7.5
Listening- 7.0
Reading- 5.5
Writing- 6.0

My wife's
Speaking- 8.0
Listening- 7.0
Reading- 6.5
Writing- 6.5

Please suggest who should be the primary applicant as per this score and if we are eligible for express entry.
Please help, waiting for your reply.
Hi,

This depends on the class you are applying under. If you are in the Foreign Skilled Worker Program your wife should be the primary applicant as do not qualify. You need at least band 6 in all 4 modules.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

Also not there are other factors to consider such as age, education and work experience.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,
While filling up the wes application, in the 'ECA Package' tab, i am seeing an option to add recipient, is it a mandatory one as it shows only 2 options in that: 1. Provicnial Nomination and 2. Immigration lawyers/consultants
FYI, this is for Express entry filing
No, it is not. The report will be sent directly to you.

All the best

Reactions: soniamanuel

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks Tanaka. I have been promoted once in my current company and my earlier company. Should i split this as 4 entries in total?
Yes, you need to have an entry for each position you have held. This should also be reflected in you reference letters.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello Guys,

I have received my ITA and i am in the process of arranging my letters of reference from the previous employers.

Problem is that in my EE profile i have filled in wrong dates of employment for one of my jobs. Would that be an issue?

What should i do?

please suggest.

Thanks
Hi,

You can change them and enter the correct ones in you PR application. You will need to write a line or two in your LOE this change.
Note that your CRS may be re-calculated if the changes affect your total work experience.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks for the prompt reply, really appreciate, So for a secondary applicant is my score eligible?
Yes, it is. There is no minimum score for a spouse, in fact it is not even mandatory to take the test. It only adds to your overall score.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
HI Seniors/@TanakaM,

I am an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). On completion of the 3-4 year academic qualification you are awarded with the status called CIMA Passed Finalist. After that, you have the option of applying for the Associate Membership by providing 3 years of related work experience.
  • I completed all my academic exams and was awarded ‘CIMA Passed Finalist’ on May 2015.
  • Later, I upgraded this qualification and was awarded the Associate Membership on November 2016.
  • I applied for an ECA and got my WES report for my Associate Member ship as a 4-year Bachelor’s degree.
I started working for a particular NOC from April 2016. My question is when I fill my EE profile, for the question ‘When was x qualified to perform this role’ I will mention May 2015 as this is when I completed all my academic exams and graduated as a CIMA Passed Finalist. However, since my ECA report states as November 2016 as the graduation date (The date I got my Associate Membership) will this be an issue??

Should I mention this in the LOE or do I have to get another ECA done only for the exams up to May 2015 separately ?

Extremely sorry for such a long post. Your, advice is highly valuable.
Hi,

You can put May 2015, this won't be an issue. For you peace of mind you can go ahead and mention this in you LOE, but IMO you are go to go.

Regards

Reactions: Shivanker