+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Can someone please help me understand what is meant by the below statement. your advice is highly valued

"Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Hi,

This is in reference to those that have done distance learning degrees. When filling in the education history, you must write {by correspondence} next to the name of the institution so that they know you were not physically at the university. Eg - Leicester University {by correspondence}

If you do this CIC will not require you to submit PCC for that country, however, if you don't they will assume you were physically there and therefore reject your application due to the missing PCC.

The last part mean that CIC may still ask you to submit PCC for the country if they fee it is necessary.

I hope that helps.

All the best

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

This is in reference to those that have done distance learning degrees. When filling in the education history, you must write {by correspondence} next to the name of the institution so that they know you were not physically at the university. Eg - Leicester University {by correspondence}

If you do this CIC will not require you to submit PCC for that country, however, if you don't they will assume you were physically there and therefore reject your application due to the missing PCC.

The last part mean that CIC may still ask you to submit PCC for the country if they fee it is necessary.

I hope that helps.

All the best
How would I submit a PCC if I haven't visited that country

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
How would I submit a PCC if I haven't visited that country
Your educational history will say 3 year @ xyz uni in a particular country. So the assumption will be that you were there in person, therefore PCC will be needed. However if you write {by correspondence} it will show that you were not in the country thus PCC will not be requested.

Regards

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
Hi Yampower , thanks for the detailed explanation.
I have a doubt. I understood that we have to apply for EC before starting our EE profile. I read that EC has to be directly send from Indian university to CIC and will no be given to us. If that is the case , How can CIC identify us when we have to even started our EE profile? Please answer

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Yampower , thanks for the detailed explanation.
I have a doubt. I understood that we have to apply for EC before starting our EE profile. I read that EC has to be directly send from Indian university to CIC and will no be given to us. If that is the case , How can CIC identify us when we have to even started our EE profile? Please answer
Hi,

Once your educational credentials are assessed, the assessing organization will send you a report with a reference number. You must enter this number into your profile. This is what CIC will use to link you and your educational credentials.

All the best

Reactions: soniamanuel

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Thank you very much for your prompt response in clearing my question regarding primary occupation NOC.

My highest education is masters and I completed my masters in August 2013. But, I joined full time job (system analyst) - NOC 2171 in January 2013.
Education requirements for this job is Bachelors degree.
In the express entry profile creation, I see this section

Date xxxxx(My Name)first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:

• a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

As 2171 NOC requires bachelors degree, should I give May 2011 - my bachelor's completion date?. If I give my masters completion date then My job joining date jan 2013 is before my graduation date august 2013.

My other question is I did not send my bachelor's degree for evaluation but I sent my highest level education ( masters degree) for IQAS assessment as I mentioned masters degree for points calculation. Will this be a problem ? Please advise me on this!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thank you very much for your prompt response in clearing my question regarding primary occupation NOC.

My highest education is masters and I completed my masters in August 2013. But, I joined full time job (system analyst) - NOC 2171 in January 2013.
Education requirements for this job is Bachelors degree.
In the express entry profile creation, I see this section

Date xxxxx(My Name)first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:

• a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

As 2171 NOC requires bachelors degree, should I give May 2011 - my bachelor's completion date?. If I give my masters completion date then My job joining date jan 2013 is before my graduation date august 2013.

My other question is I did not send my bachelor's degree for evaluation but I sent my highest level education ( masters degree) for IQAS assessment as I mentioned masters degree for points calculation. Will this be a problem ? Please advise me on this!!
Hi,

1) Put May 2011 as this is when you completed your Bachelor's Degree.
2) No, this wont be a problem as you are only given points for your highest qualification.

Kind regards

Reactions: Mkranthi
Jun 7, 2015
Hello
In pr application education history and personal history section I have added college name instead of university name Eca report and mark sheet mention only university name and not college name. Is it a major issue ? What is the solution ? Should I raise a CSE ?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello
In pr application education history and personal history section I have added college name instead of university name Eca report and mark sheet mention only university name and not college name. Is it a major issue ? What is the solution ? Should I raise a CSE ?
Are you saying you wrote- xxxx collage- abc university or you didnt mention the university at all?

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
I apoologize for multiple questions .
My bachelors is in Electronics and communication engineering, but for 2171 or 2174 NOC, they mentioned as below

• A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
    or
    Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.
Will this discrepancy trigger any issues in the application.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I apoologize for multiple questions .
My bachelors is in Electronics and communication engineering, but for 2171 or 2174 NOC, they mentioned as below

• A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
    or
    Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.
Will this discrepancy trigger any issues in the application.
No, will not.

For the purposes of express entry there is no requirement for the applicant's education and work experience to match. The focus of the NOC is on whether of has performed the actions in the lead statement and the majority of the duties listed.

Regards

billcanada

May 2, 2017
hi i need expert advice.
i made payment to WES by western union business Solution (Western Union) due to my card decline from unknown reason.
i have confirmation receipt from bank. Today i got email from WES application on hold due to payment not received.
i did email again to WES and Western union Business solution to update my status and acknowledge my payment.
do i need to wait to update my status ?
TanakaM i will highly appreciated if you advice on this :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi, there is not much more you can do at the moment besides waiting for their response to your email. It may take a few days but I'm sure they will be able to do the reconciliation and update your account.

All the best.

aashish.tomar

Apr 6, 2017
Hi,

Option 2 seem to be the best, or rather easiest. You are permitted to use funds in your spouse's name as POF. In addition to the documents you have listed. Your spouse will need to sign a notarized affidavit giving full consent to the use of these funds for immigration purposes.

Note: CIC require a letter from the bank not a bank statement. The statement should be used if you fail to get the letter.

All the best
TanakaM, thank you very much.
Sorry asking this, are you a Japanese.
If yes do you have any idea is it possible to make a notarized affidavit in Japan.