+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hi friends,
i made new GCkey with new email id
i have previously made 2 EE profiles under an old GC key,. the first one was expired and the second one i had to withdraw due to not-updating information about ielts ets even after 2 months .

now the new EE profile under new GC key asks a question " did i apply before to express entry/ canda immigration"?
what should i say "yes or no"???

Reactions: satish1990

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hi,

We have got all my documents complete and ready but for one.

I am the dependent in our PR application. I was having difficulty in obtaining the experience certificate from my current employer so I asked them that I needed the experience certificate for a correspondence course from a Univ in England. My employer has agreed to issue a letter confirming my employment however has refused out-rightly to mention job responsibilities. Also, it would be mentioned on the letter that 'This is letter is being issued in respect of the distance learning course from XYZ University in England ....' etc.

- Would this letter be of any use to me? How do I explain my situation.
- How big an impact would this make on my chances to get PR? (all my other documents are complete)

As a positive I have all payslips and tax forms, appointment letter, increment/promotion letter, business card etc from this employment...and in addition to my appointment letter I have a brief note on my job responsibilities issued to me at the time of joining (7 years old and the letter is on the letter head but not stamped)

Pl advise

Thank you

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hello every one ,
I am in the process of creating my express entry profile. I am stuck at "Primary occupation" section.
My work history is as follows
Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171.
Jan 2015 - current - Application Developer role - NOC -2174

In the occupation section - It is mentioned to select the NOC code and my application will base on that code. Please see below wording from Express entry website which I encountered while creating my profile

Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)Find your NOC page to learn more.

This means the job XXXXX ( my name) has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer

Question :

1. Should I mention 2171 or 2174 ? for primary occupation NOC code?

2. If I give 2171, my current role's NOC code is not taken into consideration, but If I give 2174, my past experience wont be counted .
Could any one please advise me on this.

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hi friends,

Could any pro in ee process can suggest me wats goin on with my profile?

Here is what happened in my case. I initially submitted an ee profile on friday and realised that i made a mistake, i tried updating it and i was not really sure if my application is going to update or not. So i have created an other gckey and revoked my previous login. This time i submitted my profile without any mistakes. However, the status of application says " your application is pending". And job bank registration says not required. Its been 20 hours since i submitted the new profile.

Also, iam still getting the new message notifications to my email which are related to my initial profile which was already withdrawn.

Can anyone please suggest?

Thank you very much

Hi friends,

Here is what happened in my case. I initially submitted an ee profile on friday and realised that i made a mistake, i tried updating it and i was not really sure if my application is going to update or not. So i have created an other gckey and revoked my previous login. This time i submitted my profile without any mistakes. However, the status of application says " your application is pending". And job bank registration says not required. Its been 20 hours since i submitted the new profile.

Also, iam still getting the new message notifications to my email which are related to my initial profile which was already withdrawn.

Thank you very much

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hi friends,

Thank you very much

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hi friends,

Thank you very much

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hi friends,

Thank you very much

samchop86

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey People,
Can some help on travel history about Schengen Territory?
I have been to Portugal 4 times from India. Since, there is no direct flight between India-Portugal, I always boarded connecting flights to Portugal from Germany (Frankfurt, Munich), Switzerland (Zurich) and Belgium (Brussels) and vice versa for returning. I have arrival/departure stamps on my passport from these countries and not from Portugal (since they were the entry/exit points in Schengen area).
My concern is shall I include these entry/exit countries in my travel history, even if I was there at the airports only for 3-4 hours?

Regards,
Shyam Chopra

jassodhi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hello every one ,
I am in the process of creating my express entry profile. I am stuck at "Primary occupation" section.
My work history is as follows
Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171.

In the occupation section - It is mentioned to select the NOC code and my application will base on that code. Please see below wording from Express entry website which I encountered while creating my profile

Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)Find your NOC page to learn more.

This means the job XXXXX ( my name) has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer

Question :

1. Should I mention 2171 or 2174 ? for primary occupation NOC code?

2. If I give 2171, my current role's NOC code is not taken into consideration, but If I give 2174, my past experience wont be counted .
Could any one please advise me on this.

Hi Mkranthi,

1. You should mention your current NOC code i.e. 2174
2. Further down in the profile you'll be asked to fill-out your employment details. so there you should break-it-up as

Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171

i.e. the current NOC first then the previous.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!

adex100

Dec 21, 2015
So, while claiming points for Experience, how will Express Entry consider as one could gain maximum points for experience, if it is greater than 3 years. Here in this case, he would have only 2 years in NOC 2174, how will this work out here? I am also in the same situation :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Is there any possibility that they might ask for income tax return/form 16 if I have submitted reference letter mentioning annual salary, salary certificate as well as Pay stubs?
Hi,

I noticed you still haven't received a response to you question. Although there is no definite answer, CIC reserve the right to ask for any document if they are not satisfied with what you have initially provided. So always be prepared.

Regards

Reactions: sa83

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
So, while claiming points for Experience, how will Express Entry consider as one could gain maximum points for experience, if it is greater than 3 years. Here in this case, he would have only 2 years in NOC 2174, how will this work out here? I am also in the same situation :)
Hi,

Your experience can be from multiple NOC's, so both will be counted towards his experience.

To qualify you only need to have 1 year experience in your primary NOC as stated below:

"The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)]."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

All the best

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
Hello,

I have received the ITA and preparing all documents to complete my application and submit. As you know one of the requirements is the Police clearance certificate (PCC). I currently live in Kuwait and the process followed is that we approach the Canadian Embassy to give us PCC request form, which we then take to the Police department to get the certificate.

So I took the copy of my ITA and reached the Canadian Embassy. But they asked me to fill one of the forms - IMM 0008, , IMM 1295, IMM 1294 or IMM 5257.

I wanted to know if any of you have faced a similar situation and which form needs to be filled from the above.

thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Seniors need and advice regarding POF
All savings is in accompanied spouse account in Japan.
Japan does not allow having joint account.
Then what is the recommended way to show as POF.

Option 1
Transfer all money to primary applicant.
Attach a bank statement of spouse.
But in Japan we cannot make an affidavit saying will not ask to return money.

Option 2
Keep the money in the spouse account.
And attach a spouse bank statement.
Also mention in LOE, that spouse will be accompained to Canada.

Option 3
Transfer all money to parents in India.
They make a gift deed.

Guys please suggest.
Hi,

Option 2 seem to be the best, or rather easiest. You are permitted to use funds in your spouse's name as POF. In addition to the documents you have listed. Your spouse will need to sign a notarized affidavit giving full consent to the use of these funds for immigration purposes.

Note: CIC require a letter from the bank not a bank statement. The statement should be used if you fail to get the letter.

All the best

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please help me understand what is meant by the below statement. your advice is highly valued

"Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp