+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
angelynn_00 said:
Hi Everyone,

Good news first - I received a mail in Mycic today that has asked for my passport. Im presuming this is good news an they're asking for my passport for stamping :)

But I have a situation here:
I got married after the E-Apr stage and updated CIC to add my husband to my application as an accompanying dependent. They asked for all his documents which I submitted and he was eventually added to my application (shows in Mycic account). Last month I got a call my my visa office in Delhi asking me to pay my husbands RPRF (which was done and the receipt copy shared with the visa office).

1. My husband lives in another city from me. Can we send our passports seperately through VFS? Since the Passport request letter is addressed to me, will VFS accept his passport in Mumbai and mine in Bangalore?

2. I had done my medicals sometime in August Last year while my husband did his in Jan this year. I read somewhere that the landing visa expiry date is 1 year from the medical date. Is this correct?

Please help us since my husband cannot travel to Bangalore immediately.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Congrats hey.

1) To avoid confusion, why doesn't your husband send his passport to you via DHL (or any other service provider) so that you send them in together?
2) Yes, correct. One must land before the expiry of their medicals.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
omesanni said:
Hi,

Just received ITA today and I am completing the PR application form. Two questions are confusing me.

1. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Now, I have been refused a student visa to the U.S as well as visiting visa to the U.S before. Do I have to answer yes to both questions or is it only one i answer yes to.
If am answering yes to the first question, do I need to provide details of only the visiting visa or do I have to mention the student visa as well

Also, can answering yes have a detriment on the success of my application?

I need as many replies as possible so i can get this right
Hi,

Answer yes to both of them and give the same explanation in both information boxes. You can also fill in a Schedule A form in advance to avoid delays.

If declared and well explained this should not adversely affect your application. A large number of people have had visa denied in the past so its normal.

All the best

angelynn_00

Sep 8, 2016
TanakaM said:
Hi,
Congrats hey.

1) To avoid confusion, why doesn't your husband send his passport to you via DHL (or any other service provider) so that you send them in together?
2) Yes, correct. One must land before the expiry of their medicals.

All the best
Thank you :)
Since VFS insists to use their own photographs instead of the ones we carry, I thought it was best he goes to the VFS in Mumbai and I do mine in Bangalore?
My sister went for this process last month and they did not accept the photographs she was carrying but instead asked her to get her pics clicked at the VFS branch.

Wanted to check if my husband and I can use my passport request (which is addressed to me since I am the principle applicant) at 2 different VFS offices since we live in 2 different cities?

Okaforizuu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls I need answers, I withdrew my first Express Entry profile because I made mistake in choice of NOC, I then created another profile using the same GCkey, for the past ten days I've been seeing only the old withdrawn profile without seeing the active profile. I've reported technical issue severally without success, my last resort now is to create another profile using a new GCkey, is anything wrong with doing this? Is it wrong to have 2profiles?

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
TanakaM said:
Hi,

Answer yes to both of them and give the same explanation in both information boxes. You can also fill in a Schedule A form in advance to avoid delays.

If declared and well explained this should not adversely affect your application. A large number of people have had visa denied in the past so its normal.

All the best
Thanks man.

1. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

For the question above should i disclose my student visa denial by the U.S given that the question is related to a visitor visa. I'm not sure if student visa is classified as a Visitor visa that's why i ask Also what is a schedule A form?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
omesanni said:
Thanks man.

For the question above should i disclose my student visa denial by the U.S given that the question is related to a visitor visa. I'm not sure if student visa is classified as a Visitor visa that's why i ask Also what is a schedule A form?
Yes, a student visa can be classed as a temporary resident or an immigrant visa. It is definitely not a visitor's visa.

A schedule form is a form you are asked to fill when you have answered Yes to any of the statutory questions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf

regards

Apr 6, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I am in process of ECA from IQAS,
I sent my documents BDS (Bachelor of Dental Sugrery), sealed signed and stamped, But i also sent Intermediate certificate.
I got documents acknowledgment email yesterday and informed that your application is in line.
Today i received email
''Dear Mr.,

Please note that we are still waiting for your academic documents from the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education. Let IQAS know if we will proceed with the assessment without it. Thank you''

i didn't forward HSSC enveloped copy as people suggested its not needed.
Should i proceed without it as mentioned in email?? would if affect any points on my CIC application?
Your help is appreciated

Thanks

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Experts,

I am about to submit my documents just wanted to confirm if i am missing any thing or not :-

1.Education :-
  • ALL marksheets/certificates of Xth & Xiith Class

• All bachelor degree certificate/marksheet
  • ECA Certificate
  • Canadian diploma transcripts
  • Ielts scorecard

2.Proof of funds
  • Gift deed from uncle
  • Account certificate

3.Police clearance and medical
FBI and PCC certificate and medical certificate

4. Work experience
  • Offer letter, Experience letter and reference letter( as per cic guidelines), last 3 salary slips for both 2 companies

photographs

Now the question is
1. I have worked for one more company which i worked for and entered in work history section, shall i remove it and add it to personal history as i dont i have reference letter as per cic and also the company is shutdown. Importantly company doesnt affect my eligibility and my points.

Help will be highly appreciated. Please guide if anything else is to be added.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akashbhalla89 said:
Hi Experts,

I am about to submit my documents just wanted to confirm if i am missing any thing or not :-

1.Education :-
  • ALL marksheets/certificates of Xth & Xiith Class

• All bachelor degree certificate/marksheet
  • ECA Certificate
  • Canadian diploma transcripts
  • Ielts scorecard

2.Proof of funds
  • Gift deed from uncle
  • Account certificate

3.Police clearance and medical
FBI and PCC certificate and medical certificate

4. Work experience
  • Offer letter, Experience letter and reference letter( as per cic guidelines), last 3 salary slips for both 2 companies

photographs

Now the question is
1. I have worked for one more company which i worked for and entered in work history section, shall i remove it and add it to personal history as i dont i have reference letter as per cic and also the company is shutdown. Importantly company doesnt affect my eligibility and my points.

Help will be highly appreciated. Please guide if anything else is to be added.

Thanks
1 - Anything that isn't post-secondary is irrelevant to your application.
2 - Include proof of transfer for the money received from your uncle.
3 - Yes, you can remove that work experience but include it in the personal history section.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
TanakaM said:
If the letter doesn't have all the required information it's a good idea to add as much supporting evidence as possible. So I would suggest you add both the appraisal letter and salary slips. Also include this in you LOE.

Regards
Thanks. But my salary slip only gives the monthly salary computation and does not mention anything about annual salary. Then effectively what is the use?

McThal

Jun 20, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3 May 2017
AOR Received.
3 May 2017
Med's Done....
03 March 2017
maver said:
Hi all,

I'm finally uploading my documents! Yay!! But I have a question about uploading the copy of my passport. I have one valid and two expired passports. Most of the travels I mentioned in my 'Travel history' are shown in my third expired passport. Many people here advised to upload the old ones too but in the document checklist, there it says:

"You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel."

Is there anyone who uploaded his/her valid passport along with the expired one(s) and get approved (or rejected)?

Thank you
I uploaded the passport pages of my old passport where i have travel stamps and visa labels. The instruction there is to include all pages with travel stamps.
I

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
For my canadian education , do i need to upload graduate certificate or transcript will work too because as of now i have not received my certificate and have my gradudation ceremony in june.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I have a bit of a unique problem (hope not).
I worked in an organization under a particular NOC for a little more than a year. I started working in 2013 and was qualified to do this job from the 30th of May 2015 (The day I graduated). I left the company on the 17th of April 2016.

Now, when creating my EE profile I got points for this(for one Year) as you only have to enter the month and the year. hence, the period is 1 whole year. however, do you think it will be an issue after I get my ITA and when I submit my ref letters and degree certificates and transcripts as this period does not amount to exactly one year (365 Days)

Your advice is highly appreciated!

omkies

Aug 29, 2015
Can we change the information we had previously mentioned in the application at the time of accepting the ITA???

Below is my detailed query:-

I had mentioned total work experience of 5 years while uploading my details in Express Entry Pool. Now I have received ITA from CIC.
But now out of the total work ex, one company I worked for 6 months is not ready to provide the experience letter with Job Description.
So I was wondering if while submitted the application after receiving the ITA, can I delete that 6 months experience from the Professional Work experience field? (Since the maximum points I get for my Experience in India (outside canada work experience) is for 3 years work ex, my total score will not change) But will cic compare the info I submit with accepting the Invitation with the one provided at time of Express entry pool? Also should I mention the same in LOE under changes in circumstances?

All experts request your views on the same especially if anyone of you have modified or deleted info at the time of accepting the ITA.

rahulmerh

Dec 24, 2016
Hello everyone and Thanks to those who replied to my queries.

I an planing to go for Canada PR process by myself, need immediate assistance for applying WES.
Could some one please guide me who has completed WES under Express entry scheme.

I have my transcript sealed in an envelope.
I have duly filled WES Canada form but not assisted and its an open copy not a sealed one.

Please assist me also I am struggling to open CANADA WES as sometimes US WES opens to, so if anyone could help me with the fees for and INDIAN Citizen, I can crosscheck the amount.

Regards
Rahul