+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have received ITA in April. I am wondering if someone can tell me what all stages will be coming forth -

1st step is to get all the required documents and submit the application.

I'd like to know, if we receive any communication or any kind of update on our application status before we receive the final PR approval email.

The one's who have already completed this process, could you please provide some insight. Thanks!

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

Important question, can someone explain why MULTIPLE is written in front of Passport/Travel Documents and Police Certificates -

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Employment Records (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Digital photo (required)

My assumption -
1. I travelled in 2013, and got new passport in 2016. Does it mean I need to submit copies of both passports ?
2. I am currently living in Delhi, India from past 6.5 years and before that I have lived in my home city throughout. Does this mean I need to provide PCC from both cities ?

Can someone please guide. I would really appreciate your valuable inputs. Thanks!

rubz

Nov 1, 2014
Hello seniors

I have a question regarding PCC. I came here in Canada in 2015 as a student from India. and i didnot visited any other country after that. I already got the PCC from India but do I have to upload the Canadian PCC too to complete my express entry file??

narendher25

Dec 30, 2016
Unable to see my application since this morning !! :(

Hi, I received an ITA (attached copy) on March 1st 2017 for my express entry profile (E000790xxx and CAN0000xxxx). I have started completing my application which has a expiry date of May 31st 2017. All of a sudden today when I logged into my account, I am unable to see the application to fill in details. I am worried about the application and would like to know any reasons for this.

I tried "Link application to this account", but unable to find the application using the details. In my ITA it says permanent Residence under Federal Skilled workers, so I tried looking under the same but of no use. I have written an email for CIC, tried contacting them but no response. Any help is greatly appreciated.

fungusamongus

Mar 9, 2017
fungusamongus said:
I've doubts on whether CIC requires me to list the current job as well. I've asked this in the past but now I'm actually filling out my application.

I switched jobs 4 months ago and I don't want to raise eyebrows by having to ask for an experience letter addressed to CIC. I do have a work experience letter from my previous company where I worked for 5 years. Was anyone else in a similar situation?

Should I put in my current job but leave out the experience letter?
I'm hoping that someone replies to this. Thank you!

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have got couple of doubts :-

I have received ITA and filling it out now

1. Regarding proof of funds - can i get gift deed from two different people ?

2. I am a student in canada already do i still need to show 12000 dollars ?

3. I will be getting married in oct and i want to add my spouse too but i believe that would be too late as by that time i will get my PR so what would be the best time to go back to INDIA and do legal mariage so as to add her.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Inline

akashbhalla89 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have got couple of doubts :-

I have received ITA and filling it out now

1. Regarding proof of funds - can i get gift deed from two different people ?
I believe so - there is no limit on number of people. All they need is proper evidence that money belongs to you

2. I am a student in canada already do i still need to show 12000 dollars ?
Of course yes, unless you have an LMIA based job offer or you are applying under CEC, you need to provide proof of funds. This would increase if you are married and added spouse before landing (See next point)

3. I will be getting married in oct and i want to add my spouse too but i believe that would be too late as by that time i will get my PR so what would be the best time to go back to INDIA and do legal mariage so as to add her.

Currently it mostly take people 6 months or longer to get Passport request. Even once they do, another 15 days to get passport back with COPR and visa. So you would only be done before oct if CIC processes applications much faster (we can only speculate). But if you get COPR and haven't landed, you can still get married (usually COPR and visa is valid until a year from the date of medicals (or passport expiry which ever is sooner). So you have to land before that date.

Now say you receive COPR in Aug and then go home and get married. Then you can submit this additional information to CIC. (instructions would be included in your copr). They would ask for entire profile of your spouse and usually process it pretty fast (a month or two max). Then you both would be issued new COPRs and you can land using that.

Be careful though, this processes your spouse in the fastest possible way, but your existing COPR is no longer valid. You cannot land as a PR if you got married before actually landing as a PR. It would be a new COPR that CIC would issue after processing your spouse. If say for some unfortunate reason they find your spouse inadmissible (say medical or criminal or something), you would loose your PR as well. Where as the medical inadmissibility does not apply if the principal applicant is already a PR (unless it is a risk to other people's health in Canada).

However, if you don't take that chance and become PR yourself first and get married after that. Then you cannot include spouse here. Then you apply for standard spousal sponsorship which could take much longer to process. At the very least close to year.

Thanks

samchop86

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulmerh said:
Hi All,

I need to know the below queries, please help me out here:

1) I am B.Tech In Mechanical Engineering, I have my transcript ready (all mark sheets and degree attested by University)
Do I need to include my Intermediate documents too. In India consultancies saying B.Tech docs would be enough.

2) I mistakenly printed WES USA Form and got it attested too. Just now came to know that we have WES Canada too.
But the difference in both the documents is only the address mentioned at the bottom. Will this be ok.

3) My University name UP Technical University changed to APJ Abdul Kalam so as my registrar email ID.
Do I need to put wiki prints in a self declaration small envelope to help them avoid any confusion.

4) My IELTS Score is L: 7.5, R: 6, W:6, S: 7.5
Consultancies saying in Express entry your score could come nearer to 390...would that be ok, or let me know any variable to work to add more to my profile

Please let me know your comments.
1) - B.Tech degree alone is sufficient.
2) - No Idea
3) - I also have a mechanical engineering degree from UPTU. If you look carefully, the degree and transcripts itself say "Formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University" under APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. I sent a copy of my degree and a sealed transcript envelope to WES last month and it was evaluated successfully in 16 days.
4) Practice for IELTS online and try increasing your band.

P.S - Beware of consultancies, there is more than enough information available on web. You can do everything on your own.

samchop86

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

Got ITA and about to submit my e-application.

Two doubts -

1) I am working for the same company since last 8 years. Is it enough if I upload my appointment letter, every promotion and appraisal letter?
Every appraisal letter states my salary for the coming year.
Do, I also need to upload my salary slips? There will be a total of 96 pay slips (8*12) for my entire employment duration.

2) For POF, my father is gifting me money along with a gift deed. Is it okay if I file my application immediately after receiving funds in my account or shall I wait for some weeks and try to maintain some average? Will that matter somehow?

Please advise.
Thanks in advance. :)

BNET

Oct 30, 2014
gkindacool said:
Please see my response in red inline.
Its amazign how CIC locks ones own data and even the application cant see it after it is submitted.

I wish there was any other way.

Anways, thanks for the reply.

billcanada

May 2, 2017
Good day to senior and Expert in this Forum.

Kindly guide me Express Entry and PNP nominations immigration steps.

Brief data about me.

1. Done Graduation (Masters) from UK
2. 4.5 Years Abroad experience.
3. Age 35
4. IELTS on 13 MAY Date Booked. (I hope get it desired CLB).

Please advised accordingly.

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
Hello all !
Couple of questions about the Work experience (CRS: 451, ITA: received)

1.) My first company has shut all operations and doesnt exist anymore. What can I do in such a case? I have my appointment letter etc from that time .. will this help?

2.) My husband (secondary applicant) has mistakenly entered the wrong NOC code and the wrong company name.. (example: in 2010 he started working with company X and then in 2012 moved to company Y , his profile says he started working in 2010 with company Y ... company X is missing)

3.) Are all salary slips of all the companies we both have worked with required ?

4.) We both worked for my family business before we were married.. will this make us seem less genuine ?

Thank you for all your inputs !

snigdha1987

May 29, 2015
billcanada said:
Good day to senior and Expert in this Forum.

Kindly guide me Express Entry and PNP nominations immigration steps.

Brief data about me.

1. Done Graduation (Masters) from UK
2. 4.5 Years Abroad experience.
3. Age 35
4. IELTS on 13 MAY Date Booked. (I hope get it desired CLB).

Please advised accordingly.
Hi !

I would suggest .. Check out the CIC website and study it. its pretty straightforward regarding the steps you need to follow to get started with your EE profile !

Good Luck !

thegh0sts

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I submitted my EE profile but I doubt I'll get anything. When I have a score of 441..hmmm...

Also, most of my experience is freelance so I have no idea how to prove it :p

billcanada

May 2, 2017
snigdha1987 said:
Hi !

I would suggest .. Check out the CIC website and study it. its pretty straightforward regarding the steps you need to follow to get started with your EE profile !

Good Luck !
Thanks Much appreciated your response.
i would say first i have to do IELTS or educational Credential ( which is Quick and Good ratings WES or others ) or start EE profile .
kindly advised.